Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] 2h Chosen?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
scewbie

[Chosen] 2h Chosen?

Post#1 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:11 am

Is this viable? Builds?
- Scewb

Ads
magter3001

Re: 2h Chosen?

Post#2 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:15 am

Sure it is... grab a 2h and start wacking. :lol:

waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build

If you're too squishy, get better gear and switch out your tactics for more defensive ones. I personally never run 2h but if I did... it would be something like this. ;)
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

scewbie

Post#3 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:30 am

Cool, thanks :)
- Scewb

Ninepaces

Post#4 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:01 am

I would say its not... block is too much to lose for tanking direct hits and guard dmg.

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:06 am

I dont like it the entire purpose of 2h chosen is to slot oppressing blows and crippling strikes and stack some crit and try to apply crippling strikes and challange to try and constantly debuff the enemy dmg

But if you go 2h chosen you loose access to destined for victory which is perhaps one of the most powerful tactics in the game along with 50% parry from mixed defenses and suppression

im not a fan of 2h chosen

Valnak

Post#6 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:27 am

If you're going for spreading crippling strikes while still functioning as a tank you need to max parry and keep suppression up. You'll maintain mediocre defenses versus casters due to your resist aura.

I prefer this over the spec linked above:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... 781:4791:0:

Because you get slightly better ravage and resist auras.

Something like this for renown spec:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 0000000000

Tzeentch's Amplification is a really nice morale for self-survivability.

I run about 40% crit (my +20% and their usual +20% from initiative) and never really have problems keeping it up.

Something underrated about Crippling Strikes is that it's a great cleansebait. It's almost permanently up, it eats AoE cleanses from WP and allows you to keep your snare on your target. Just think of all the WoPs you'll save!
TenTonHammer wrote:But if you go 2h chosen you loose access to destined for victory which is perhaps one of the most powerful tactics in the game along with 50% parry from mixed defenses and suppression
No doubt, it's just that Chosen can't get that yet.
Tury06 wrote:I agree about premade doesnt require skill at all
This is 2016. Why do the devs allow the magus to continue to be overpowered?

lilsabin

Post#7 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:25 am

rmpl

Post#8 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:50 am

TenTonHammer wrote:I dont like it the entire purpose of 2h chosen is to slot oppressing blows and crippling strikes and stack some crit and try to apply crippling strikes and challange to try and constantly debuff the enemy dmg

But if you go 2h chosen you loose access to destined for victory which is perhaps one of the most powerful tactics in the game along with 50% parry from mixed defenses and suppression

im not a fan of 2h chosen
Good thing we cant use destined to victory yet then ;)

Ads
Bretin

Post#9 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:55 am

viable is relative. 2h chosen is by no means bad but also not ideal under certain circumstances.

ps: i like how Aggy took Raze over Tzeentch's Amplification. spin2win much, huh? :D :D :D :D

Toldavf

Post#10 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:01 am

I tried it in the most defensive spec possible sad to say you won't be tough enough to live through being focused and that's pretty essential for a tank. Your just to squishy in the current gear.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-