Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] zealot and absorb shields

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Deadpoet

Re: [Zealot] zealot and absorb shields

Post#11 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:53 pm

With triple detaunt I meant triple absorb lol

Ads
Nameless

Post#12 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:48 pm

when shielded person take dmg only mitigation that count is toughness. So the absorbed dmg is not so much. The shield tactic is good cos u got FREE shield while healing, the ritaul is decent cos you and your group members got shielded without wasting GCD.
Veil of chaos is just bad. Only kinda decent thing is that it scale with wp, but the purpose of shields is to protect your target when healing is lacking /heal debuffed or proactive cast before the fight/ so by design that fail too.

That build is intresting and may work good vs lifetap healing but that is all. Too many sacrifices for too few benefits
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Fulkan

Post#13 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:34 pm

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=zea ... 6:;0:0:0:0:

How about that for 35/40?

Shield Ritual for self.

Single Target Stagger for control.

15% extra crit on Flash Heal needed for kiting and staying alive while taking damage.

You'd be able to double HoT a defensive target and fully heal them with nothing but Flash Heal. With some decent gear and renown spec, you'd clear 30+ % crit on Flash Heal which should basically mean Blessing + Resto proc at least once, every 3rd cast. You have your ritual shield for yourself. I assume you'd end up kiting within the 100 foot radius around it.
"I see the hatred in your eyes, hidden behind courtly graces. I know the terrible darkness that hides behind your well-rehearsed lies. I wait for you at the edge of sanity. I taste the pain in your mind, the yearning to end this charade.
—Tzeentch

roadkillrobin

Post#14 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:11 pm

I'm lvl up a Zealot atm to try this. Warped Flesh, Ritual of Superiority and Tzeentch Grip. With toughness Stacking. Should in Theory be really solid. Not being able to spec for Alchemy is kinda bummer tho.

Fulkan

Post#15 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:13 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I'm lvl up a Zealot atm to try this. Warped Flesh, Ritual of Superiority and Tzeentch Grip. With toughness Stacking. Should in Theory be really solid. Not being able to spec for Alchemy is kinda bummer tho.

Toughness is really not the stat to stack on Zealot. I know it sucks but we literally have the worst toughness stat in the game. Adding extra to an already weak stat only makes it a little less shitty. Even with all the shields, I don't think it's worth it.

I'd recommend wounds. If that's not your forte, try armor.
"I see the hatred in your eyes, hidden behind courtly graces. I know the terrible darkness that hides behind your well-rehearsed lies. I wait for you at the edge of sanity. I taste the pain in your mind, the yearning to end this charade.
—Tzeentch

roadkillrobin

Post#16 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:49 pm

The thing is that toughness reduce the amount of absorb is eaten away, while wounds and armor have no effect on it. And with consistant Sheilds up it should work much better then it does stacking on any other healer.

Deadpoet

Post#17 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:31 am

yep, the fact that afaik only zealots can have access to 4 absorb bubbles (2 abilities, 2 tactics) was what prompted the idea in my mind. I also thought of stacking toughness, but maybe as Fulkan said it would be easy to stack enough to make it count significantly.

btw, a slayer with power through tactic spamming spellbreaker would ABSOLUTELY wreck the whole concept lol, but you can't win always :(

Deadpoet

Post#18 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:32 am

when I said "it would be easy " 'please read "it WOULDN'T be easy".

Ads
Fulkan

Post#19 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:22 pm

Just a small update for the peeps that want to run Ritual of Supremacy.

Don't do it. It only procs on direct damage abilities which makes it delve for much smaller amounts then on paper calculations.

If anything, run Lunacy for consistent heals per period of time or do your melee train a service and run the AP ritual.

Do run TG + Chaotic Force. It basically makes your Flash Heal god mode. The return you get on the AP cost is insanely amazing. Not only that but TG proc doesn't respect heal debuffs so it's pretty **** amazing.
—Tzeentch

analoghermit

Post#20 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:33 am

Fulkan wrote: Not only that but TG proc doesn't respect heal debuffs so it's pretty **** amazing.
It's really funny to just spam FoC through Playing with Fire because neither the heal debuff nor the backlash effect really fazes you thanks to the shield.
If only Zealot trees were just a bit more coherent.