Recent Topics

Ads

Magus wy ppl think .....

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Magus wy ppl think .....

Post#1 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:45 am

Hmmm I love to play Magus , i played em at live servers alot , path of changin ,
And i rly know that magus was a rly good class nice to outdmg ppl debuff utility and so on .
Now i hear from all sides magus sucks but i dunno wy are so many things changed ?
Or issit cause lev cap ?
i play a magus now and still are rly good ;D dunno where the problem is

*sry for my bad english ;D
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ads
footpatrol2

Re: Magus wy ppl think .....

Post#2 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:04 am

Magus is a solid class. Its just a lot of people are stuck in a smaller 6 man mindset which magus's don't really shine in. Magus's shine supported in 12 man plus ish.

Gachimuchi

Post#3 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:17 am

Magus is good at making fluff numbers in scenarios like Praag or in ORvR. Or it can go pull spec in open and setup almost free kills for your wb. Aside from that its pretty bad. It can do okay ST dps in Changing spec but don't expect to outdo a ST specced RDPS or a MDPS in that department.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:03 am

Magus is not a solid class, but can work in good hands but you'll be offering nothing no other rdps could do better (rift aside). T4 it does good st burst.

Also please do away with the concept that top dmg in a scenario equates to a class being viable: while a common misconception, it is dangerous when we consider balance forums are underway..

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#5 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:27 am

hmm nobody say something like top dmg makes magus viable .
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:53 am

Daknallbomb wrote:And i rly know that magus was a rly good class nice to outdmg ppl
=P That's what I thought you meant, anyway.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#7 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:04 am

na what i meant was that magus can outtdmg ppl . nothing else , not better than someone else or someting ,
I just think that magus is viable to play in 12 group or rvr rly nice mostly of his spellbrakes , disarm , aoe knockdown , and if one is attacked bye magus other ppl can easy kill tham than , if we look not rly ONE class can kill someone solo easy if hes healed guardet etc

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:20 am

the 15% withered soul tactic is very nice, I must admit (assuming it doesn't get cleansed: would be nice to make even this one dot uncleansable? ;))

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#9 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:23 am

na plz not ;F if they dont use cleanse so much they start to heal ^^

*edit* what i rly miss to do rly good single target burst ist that u cant come as changing magus to bolt of change in the havoc tree cause of lev nad renown cap atm . if its change to lev 40 and renown 70 it will be rly funny again ;D
just go 4 dots bolt of change and than indigo fire sometimes more than 7k instant dmg

Renork

Post#10 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:03 am

Daknallbomb wrote:na what i meant was that magus can outtdmg ppl . nothing else , not better than someone else or someting ,
I just think that magus is viable to play in 12 group or rvr rly nice mostly of his spellbrakes , disarm , aoe knockdown , and if one is attacked bye magus other ppl can easy kill tham than , if we look not rly ONE class can kill someone solo easy if hes healed guardet etc
A 2s cast disarm that lasts 3s, lol. Aoe knockdown requires for you to kill your pet, so... bye 20% damage increase. Also, there's nothing more annoying than a magus giving free immunities to everyone. The 5s stagger is very nice, but it's very situational. Ofc if you're having fun that's what ultimately matters in the end, but don't expect to be a true rdps/mdps replacement.