Recent Topics

Ads

[MARAUDER] Need some tips

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Woosta

[MARAUDER] Need some tips

Post#1 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:59 am

This is my first time playing Warhammer, i'm playing as a Marauder and i'm kinda enjoying it, but I don't know if i'm playing right as a Marauder, I think it's normal since I don't know half of the **** I'm doing in the game, so I would like to see if there is any kind of guide that can help me out a bit.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: [MARAUDER] Need some tips

Post#2 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:38 am

what kind of guide? like how to build and spec the class?

If so their are 2 build styles: Sav + Brut and Sav + Monstro

Sav + Brut is the higher dps single target build

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=mar ... :5194:5204:

As you can see the selected tactics are piercing bite and growing instability, the remaining 2 tactic option are up to you as mara has a lot of good tactic options:
1.Deadly clutch
2.Flanking
3.Feeding on fear
4.Deeply impaled
5.Brute force

A + stat tactic like brute force will not be necessary down the line once we can soft cap strength with better gear

Sav + Monstro:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=mar ... :5194:5204:

This spec does less overall dps than Sav + Brut b/c no 50% crit tactic, it is focused more on AoE, open rvr, warband stuff

Ill let some one better at mara than me talk about rotations but normally you want to apply your heal, armor and wounds debuff on a target and then attack in your brutality stance

This is because sav is your debuff stance, brut is your dps stance and monstro is your defensive stance

switching back to sav to reapply debuffs, when in brut you want to attack the target with flail, impale and giouttine.

The armor ignore from weapon skill, piercing bite and impale attacks to the back all stack.

When falling back/retreating detuant and switch to monstro stance

For renown i STRONGLY suggest atleast 2 points into futile strikes, mara has one of the worst base inatives in the game and as such one of the highest base chances to be crit. i also suggest atleast 1 level of resolute defense, afterwards the rest of the renown points distribution is up to you

Akalukz

Post#3 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:12 am

^^^ Solid advice
-= Agony =-

Woosta

Post#4 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:42 pm

Thanks man, Sav + Monstro seems good to try

Gachimuchi

Post#5 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:21 pm

If you can't figure out rotations for Mara on your own you should probably find an easier game to play.

Other than that, make sure your str is soft capped(orange numbers as opposed to green) and press detaunt occasionally.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Gnelson82

Post#6 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:42 pm

Gachimuchi wrote:If you can't figure out rotations for Mara on your own you should probably find an easier game to play.
What is the purpose of this comment?

Arobain

Post#7 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:58 pm

the best tip i can provide is to come order side, make a dwarf and join bitterstone thunderers :D :lol:

Dajciekrwi

Post#8 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:07 am

Rotation is the "cherry on top"of mara play style.
Imao y start from pulverize and thunderous blow ( both y can use on brutality) turn on Savage and use Tainted Claw and Cutting then back to the Brute and use mutated agressor and then guillotine.
You just need a little bit of cold blood and planning , that all.

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#9 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:33 am

Wounds debuff always first! then go for toughness->armor->heal debuff and start bursting. If you attack a melee/tank bring pulverize into the rotation.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Niky

Post#10 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:59 am

wtf.

Armor debuff > (Gut Ripper if u can) Wounds debuff > Healdebuff > (Touch if Instability if u hit healer) Brute > Guillotine > Pulverize or Impale spam or Convulsive Slashing in some situations.

Repeat.
Destro: Mara Nyky / DOK Crystof
Order: SL Niky / BW Nykky / SW Nyky / WL Nikky / SM Ulee
Live: WP Eprst