Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] PvE AoE farming build.

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Al4n

[Chosen] PvE AoE farming build.

Post#1 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:15 am

Looking to get some recommendations for an Area of Effect PvE farming build for chosen.

Would it be best to go shield and slowly kill mobs or pull less mobs with 2h and kill them much faster? Or is there some middle-ground I can choose.

Thanks.

Ads
Panzerkasper

Re: [Chosen] PvE AoE farming build.

Post#2 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:03 am

waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build

I play this build atm with SnB. Backlash deal out a lot of damage and it can crit so it debuffs the mobs with CS. This makes you tankier and you can pull a lot of mobs you can grin down with you aoe effects.
Auras are Dreadful Agony, Discordant Instability and Corrupting Retribution

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Al4n

Post#3 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:58 am

Panzerkasper wrote:waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build
Backlash deal out a lot of damage
does backlash only work if the enemy hits you? or can it damage enemies when you block/parry as well?

Luuca

Post#4 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:04 am

Al4n wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build
Backlash deal out a lot of damage
does backlash only work if the enemy hits you? or can it damage enemies when you block/parry as well?
The ToolTip reads "Any time you are attacked" and as such, even if you block, dodge,parry, or disrupt the attack, there is a 1 in 4 chance to trigger the backlash. This applies to each attack for each attacker; however, the backlash damage is dealt over 5 seconds and does not stack on one enemy. This means that each backlash does 250 damage over 5 seconds or 50 damage per tick and it cannot re-trigger until that 5 seconds is over.

As you are looking for AoE farming spec, I would suggest this spec instead: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... :4791:4792:

It is AoE farming and as such, you'll want effective AoE: So you have DoT Aura Dreadful Agony, AoE (Conal) Quake damage, AoE Blast Wave, 17 Seconds of Bane Shield, Raze on CD as needed.

This build gives you better resist debuff and thus more damage on Ravage, more damage on your AoE Blast Wave, more damage on Dreadful Agony Spirit DoT. It also gives you Quake, which does damage and can stall the mobs dps for a second.

I would run Dire shielding for the 17 seconds of Bane Shield damage versus crippling strikes as the mobs you will be AoE farming will generally be lower level than you and thus not critting as much.

You can run the Rugged tactic to help mitigate damage or if you are geared enough, run the Backlash Tactic - up to you. No healer? I'd run Rugged.

Use Suppression and Mixed Defenses tactic to keep parry at above 50% to mitigate damage.

Run the DfV tactic to get off Raze a few times per pull (on big pulls solo), run the Dreadful Agony for AoE Damage, Run the Discordant Instability for the resists debuff for added damage (Spirit damage on the AoE DoT we run btw) and if you lack a healer, Corrupting Retribution aura for a little heals as warranted. If you have a healer, run your Toughness aura.