Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen tank rvr priorities

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
UlrikTodbringer

Chosen tank rvr priorities

Post#1 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:49 am

Hello guys and girls, I just had a really good experience on rvr today and I wanted to ask, who should I target during engagements as tank and who should I not? I really want to get into rvr seriously and maybe even join a guild when the times right, but I just wanted to ask your advice for a solo tank player with not much experience with rvr, what are the cardinal rules for not being a fedora wearing scrublord in rvr :lol: .

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Re: Chosen tank rvr priorities

Post#2 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:52 am

Since I don't know your level or what tier your in I will jsut give you what I think are the Basics of RvR tanking:
1. Know your skills and the benefit they bring to others around you. Specifically; 'Guard' (50% less damage to the player your guarding), 'Hold the Line' (increases the dodge and disrupt rate by 45% to allies 50 feet behind you) and 'Challenge' (reduces the damage dealt by the enemy by 50%). As well as the crowd control abilities your class has; such as knock down or knock back.

2. Knowing the role of your class. In my opinion, a tanks role, in RvR, is to absorb damage through using 'Guard' on allies and staying within 30 feet, assist in mitigating damage (using 'hold the Line' when running towards the enemy or 'Challenge' on the enemy mele when you and your team are fighting on close combat) and using crowd control abilities to harass the enemy.

The knock down should be used when your mele are beating on a target, your knock back should be used to remove enemy tanks (don't punt almost dead targets away) and your snare should always be used to stop people running away.

3. Know your role at a keep. When fighting at the keep, keep in mind the first 2 points but also consider joining on the ram as long as a healer knows what your doing. Even go as far as announcing it in your War-band chat. This way healers know where you are and what your doing.

That is my broken down, basics of RvR tanking.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.