Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Demons management

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tesq

Re: [Magus] Demons management

Post#21 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:02 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Boc + POTW/SOI + SVF + IFOC = best rotation.

Bolt is 3 seconds, MBF is also 3 seconds. Bolt's range has been reduced as of late, and it will never be in the air for longer than 3 seconds - normally a max of 2.5 (if 120ft+). By the time you've finished casting MBF, BoC would have already hit - 9 times out of 10. SOI/SVF - in a Havoc/Change spec, and with the crit tactic - will deal very nice crits (slightly lower than MBF, yet only a fraction of the cast time), and can ALWAYS - regardless of range - hit in the same timestamp as BOC.

Depends on player preference, but for me I would never try to coincide MBF hitting with BOC (outside of M2).
uhm you want more timestamp but you are actually gimping yourself because

-potw is not undefitable as frf
-soi requrie you be nearer also requrie you to pre debuff spiritual also using more ap and increasing the time you requrie for full rotation
-soi is not increased by surgin power if not mistake
-soi is not buffed by chaos unleashed
-not goin undefitabel tactic make for you impossible to pressure/kill tanks soemthing that BW/magus can eccel at if they want

Most of my skill are undefitable; i need 1 dot just to add more dmg and is spamable, the pet in total skill economy apply his ele debuff which make most of my rotation doing
- get + 20% more dmg via debuff
-be undefitable
-have a crit chance of 15% + my crit chance
-have a crit dmg increase fo 50%
-stay safe while isntead you use of soi mean you are nearer then me regardless using or less the range increase tactic(which also mean waste 1 dmg tactic)

i feel pretty good about my build other magus in my guild also find it pretty awsome (and screw disrupt!!!!!!)

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 pm

If you're using the tactic that makes FRF undefendable, then I feel bad for you son: there's so many other tactics that are better than making a weak spammable (which you shouldn't be spamming, Magus needs burst rotations to kill people - let the Sorc spam doombolts) undefendable. If you go undefendable, you miss something mandatory to a ST build (Surging, chaos unleashed, endless and/or insta, 15% demonic withering if grouped/range from change)

Glean Magic should be on your target anyway, because you will finish with IFOC (though tbh its not always required, and you can dispatch of most squishies in a boc/potw/svf combo)

SOI is increased by surging power. Even without chaos unleashed, you should have 25-28% crit on a well-geared Magus atm.

would be happy to show you ingame. Perils of the Warp is THE best ability to pair with BoC, but you don't want to give out free immunities. It's 2 second cast means it syncs beautifull with Bolt and SVF. On a fully ele debuffed target = gg.

Also - why are you focusing tanks over other priority targets? xD

Anyway let's keep this out of this topic. you play how you want, i play how i want :)

Tankbeardz

Post#23 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:58 pm

7rere7 wrote:Fluff damage has its benefits specially when rifting ,when that happens softies are rushing back to their safe spots , not able to use their abilities properly ,while enemies is on their heels . All that little damage is profitable !

Raze is effective in certain situations against tanks that have tons of mitigation,helps for positioning.

Positioning wins fights , about as much as pure damage.
My point is that you can do much more fluff damage and actual burst as well. I'm not sure why people don't get that. The slower your set up is and the less damage you do....the less effective you are.
Last edited by Tankbeardz on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tankbeardz

Post#24 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:14 pm

Tesq wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Boc + POTW/SOI + SVF + IFOC = best rotation.

Bolt is 3 seconds, MBF is also 3 seconds. Bolt's range has been reduced as of late, and it will never be in the air for longer than 3 seconds - normally a max of 2.5 (if 120ft+). By the time you've finished casting MBF, BoC would have already hit - 9 times out of 10. SOI/SVF - in a Havoc/Change spec, and with the crit tactic - will deal very nice crits (slightly lower than MBF, yet only a fraction of the cast time), and can ALWAYS - regardless of range - hit in the same timestamp as BOC.

Depends on player preference, but for me I would never try to coincide MBF hitting with BOC (outside of M2).
uhm you want more timestamp but you are actually gimping yourself because

-potw is not undefitable as frf
-soi requrie you be nearer also requrie you to pre debuff spiritual also using more ap and increasing the time you requrie for full rotation
-soi is not increased by surgin power if not mistake
-soi is not buffed by chaos unleashed
-not goin undefitabel tactic make for you impossible to pressure/kill tanks soemthing that BW/magus can eccel at if they want

Most of my skill are undefitable; i need 1 dot just to add more dmg and is spamable, the pet in total skill economy apply his ele debuff which make most of my rotation doing
- get + 20% more dmg via debuff
-be undefitable
-have a crit chance of 15% + my crit chance
-have a crit dmg increase fo 50%
-stay safe while isntead you use of soi mean you are nearer then me regardless using or less the range increase tactic(which also mean waste 1 dmg tactic)

i feel pretty good about my build other magus in my guild also find it pretty awsome (and screw disrupt!!!!!!)
Eh...I would argue that your build lacks sustainability. Definitely play how you want...but making FRF undefendable for tanks is a meh solution and relies on FM too much. But, as you stated earlier, you use roiling winds and I simply don't see that killing many tanks. If you really want to kill tanks...go ST and use BoC to set up or finish.

Glean Magic is spammable and should, pretty much, be on all your targets all of the time. SoI is one of the best magus abilities...I'm not sure how you justify skipping over instant damage on a short cooldown.

Karast

Post#25 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Nah. I just don't see the tanky build as useful. I guess you could pull to the zerg...but you don't need to be a pullbot in order to do so.
I am not playing it as a pullbot in tanky gear. Full on glasscannon with high crit / damage bonus.

I try to get the maximum out of infernal blast. This is a warband is build, but I have honestly been doing more 2-3 fg stuff then full on warband / pug zerging and it seems to work well, although I hate waiting for the turret setup time. But once up, infernal blast is decent on crits. But you need a group with guard and heals that will actually take a magus and support, which is the same problem you run into on an engi as well.

I am not a big fan of tanky pullbots. I go max dps, or just log a tank. That's my philosophy for magus / engi. Yes I know I am a fool, and I should be playing a BW / Sorc, or SL. But screw it. I like out killing half arsed sorcs /bw's.

Tesq

Post#26 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:25 pm

have undefitable skill is not good just to kill tanks that's just an addition to make em feel the pain of festering arrow....it makes the averange dmg of your character a lot better ...think about engi.....wh...or base dam hold the line spam which make a simple bw disrupt at 30% which make 1/3 of your dmg go to hell.

Also give a free disarm or be disrupt just better spam frf, and you also don't waste 1 mastery pt.
If you disarm you cannot KD i prefer leave a tanks the chance to KD or someone silence it.

peterthepan3

Post#27 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Spamming FRF doesn't kill anybody.
Undefendable = you lose a vital tactic.

In what environments are you testing this out?

Tankbeardz

Post#28 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Karast wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote: Nah. I just don't see the tanky build as useful. I guess you could pull to the zerg...but you don't need to be a pullbot in order to do so.
I am not playing it as a pullbot in tanky gear. Full on glasscannon with high crit / damage bonus.

I try to get the maximum out of infernal blast. This is a warband is build, but I have honestly been doing more 2-3 fg stuff then full on warband / pug zerging and it seems to work well, although I hate waiting for the turret setup time. But once up, infernal blast is decent on crits. But you need a group with guard and heals that will actually take a magus and support, which is the same problem you run into on an engi as well.

I am not a big fan of tanky pullbots. I go max dps, or just log a tank. That's my philosophy for magus / engi. Yes I know I am a fool, and I should be playing a BW / Sorc, or SL. But screw it. I like out killing half arsed sorcs /bw's.
I was merely stating my disagreement with the whole disrupt turret/daemon and tanky build....we have tanks for that. At most...it's a mild annoyance and it is easily countered with melee.

I agree with you and the build you posted actually makes sense to me (though I get more damage out of the range tactic than the crit tactic...honestly). I either go tanky gear with glass cannon talis + build or full glass cannon. "You never go full deftard".

You are def not a fool...play what you like!

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#29 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:11 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Spamming FRF doesn't kill anybody.

I would only disagree with this if FM was up and you led with BoC. I've killed many players that way =P.

peterthepan3

Post#30 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Tankbeardz wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Spamming FRF doesn't kill anybody.

I would only disagree with this if FM was up and you led with BoC. I've killed many players that way =P.
M2 aside and, as you said, in conjunction with BoC. On its own? Nah.