Recent Topics

Ads

Infernal pain not working properly

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Psychocandy

Infernal pain not working properly

Post#1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Hello, I am posting this in the Chaos forum as it is an issue concerning magus. Maybe it should be posted in the bugtracker, but I honestly don't know if it's a bug or maybe I am missing something:

The thing is I tried this tactic, and the ticks were ridiculously low, especially compared with the ticks from all the dots I used (Infernal Blast, baleful, Pandemonium etc). I dont have any screnshots right now but I thought the numbers didn't add up. it was like 3 ticks for like 80+ damage a tick (60+damage, 20+mitigated) and the total damage listed over 6 seconds was clearly a bigger figure than the sum of all the three dots counting the mitigated portion. I tested on level 34 mobs and my rank is 33.

Even if it does work as intended and I did my maths wrong the damage is pitiful. like 60 damge per tick compared to say infernal blast with 0 mastery spent dealing 240+ damge per tick.

I had an idea that involved using Infernal pain tactic in a rotation with heavy post spike dot damage (mutating blue fire+ Surge of Insanity with tatcic+ morale 2 roiling winds) in the hope that the DoT component of these two skils was uncleansable as they maybe weren't treated as hexes but as damaging (in the case of the morale no doubt they are uncleansable).

In any case it would be an interesting change if Infernal Pain damage were increased dramatically (otherwise it doesnt't justify a tactic slot), even if it means losing its AoE component.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Infernal pain not working properly

Post#2 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:46 pm

Possible that it isn't dealing spirit damage?

Psychocandy

Re: Infernal pain not working properly

Post#3 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:55 pm

I assume the damage is not Spirit, as tooltip doesnt say it. Like other dot tactics that dont scale with stats nor mastery and arent affected by toughness. Still I am taking the mitigated part into account, so glean Magic not debuffing the resists vs infernal pain isnt really an issue.