Recent Topics

Ads

New marauder player looking for build/stat prio advice

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
noxous

New marauder player looking for build/stat prio advice

Post#1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Hey gents,

New player around - playing marauder. I started recently here with a friend ( plays Chosen) and i am looking for some additional information about the class.

I have seen that two builds tend to be favorable:

1) Monstro for aoe morale drain
2) Savagery for mainly ST

In my (newbie) eyes the first build feels like the better option as it's AOE dmg and peel potential.
Any advice on either for a new player? Or maybe any other build that i am unaware of?

Now Question 2.
Stat priority - what should i mainly look for as a marauder? Are stats based on build or do i follow a generic guideline?

Cheers for the advice, and keep slaying the Empire

Ads
Buttbeard

Re: New marauder player looking for build/stat prio advice

Post#2 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:17 pm

From my experience savagerey is more effective. for rvr and sc that is for solo leveling/grinding monstrosity is amazing or together with a healer.
In rvr and sc the moral drain is not as effective as it seems. and the Aoe damage is great but not as useful.
With the Aoe build you will be able to score high damage done on sc for an example but usually low amounts of killing blows and its a damage that does not really put that much pressure on the healers.

With savagery you will have some great debuffs. Armor, wounds, 50% heal debuff and so on and you put a lot more pressure on both the one you attack and the healers.

But i suggest you try out the one that seems more appealing and fun to you. after all it is meant to be fun to play :)

Not sure about the aoe build but for savagery try to get parry from Renown points both for survival and to be able to use your disarm, it require parry.
For other stats it is a balance of survival stats like thoughness and offensive stats like strength and weapons skill.

Also depending on if you use to play with friends or guildies so you can rely on having a tank that guard and a healer, then you could focus a bit more on damage over survival.

if you tend to play alone or in pugs/random sc and rvr i suggest a bit more focus on survival, because in pugs you can't count on being guarded or having heals
My house is so much bigger than your house that your house does not even fit into my bathroom

noxous

Post#3 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Cheers for the reply!
As a TLDR , Brutality is generally useless right? xD

Also could you by any chance give me a build link for savagery?

Buttbeard

Post#4 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Brutality is not used much. sometimes it can be a good idea to swap to gift of brutality if your opponent is low on Hp to impale or guillotine if you spent some point in brutality and finish him of.

Points are often put in brutality after you got what you want from savagarey.

For builds Something like this http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=mar ... 1:;0:0:0:0:
There you got the basics, with the most important abilities. a good start when you hit 40. With set bonus and higher renown rank you get a few more points you can put where you like
Guillotine is a nice option but then it do require that you change gifts

But you could instead of brutality spend those points in Monstrosity for some increased Aoe and survival. Not something i would personally do but that's my personal preference.
My house is so much bigger than your house that your house does not even fit into my bathroom

NectaneboII
Banned

Post#5 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:12 pm

stack some wounds

Buttbeard

Post#6 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:19 pm

NectaneboII wrote:stack some wounds
Yes some wounds to increase the HP pool. but not too much. toughness is needed to.

Wounds only make you able to take more damage before you die. while toughness reduces the damage you do take.
Both stats are needed you kinda have to find a balance

NectaneboII
Banned

Post#7 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Buttbeard wrote:
Yes some wounds to increase the HP pool. but not too much. toughness is needed to.

Wounds only make you able to take more damage before you die. while toughness reduces the damage you do take.
See ? its easy !

Buttbeard

Post#8 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:43 pm

NectaneboII wrote:
Buttbeard wrote:

See ? its easy !
yeah but pointed it out because "stack some wounds" might be interpret as go mostly wounds.
Even with a massive health pool you will be burned down fast if you don't have any other survival stat like toughness.

Ads
NectaneboII
Banned

Post#9 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:50 pm

Buttbeard wrote:
NectaneboII wrote:
Buttbeard wrote:

See ? its easy !
yeah but pointed it out because "stack some wounds" might be interpret as go mostly wounds.
Even with a massive health pool you will be burned down fast if you don't have any other survival stat like toughness.
some :P

Buttbeard

Post#10 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:13 pm

NectaneboII wrote:
Buttbeard wrote:
NectaneboII wrote:
See ? its easy !
some :P
yes but still combine it with "stack" it is not a very clear advice. stack indicates that you should use a lot. Jut 2 or 3 talismans with wounds does not really count as stacking and we all tend to define "some" different. So if if you are new to the game you can easily interpret it to mean "Go more wounds than any other stat"