Recent Topics

Ads

New marauder player looking for build/stat prio advice

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
NoRKaLKiLLa

Re: New marauder player looking for build/stat prio advice

Post#11 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:30 pm

-Go savagery/brutality spec
-Start defensively geared/Stack armor talismans
-Swap mutations fluidly dependent on positioning/situation
-Debuff enemy armor/wounds like it's your job, because it is
-Recognize that you're there to weaken targets for your team to kill
-Shift your renown points and talismans more offensive the closer you get to RR60

Ads
Buttbeard

Post#12 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:20 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:-Go savagery/brutality spec
-Start defensively geared/Stack armor talismans
-Swap mutations fluidly dependent on positioning/situation
-Debuff enemy armor/wounds like it's your job, because it is
-Recognize that you're there to weaken targets for your team to kill
-Shift your renown points and talismans more offensive the closer you get to RR60
Good advices.
But he mentioned he play with a friend that play chosen so he can probably be sure to have a guard most of the times. So if they mostly play together he could go a bit more offensive already at start.
My house is so much bigger than your house that your house does not even fit into my bathroom

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#13 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:40 pm

Problem is, at low levels without full strength talismans and maxed out crit chance the mara has a tough time staying alive even with a guard if you haven't the DPS to kill a target before they chop you up.

TenTonHammer

Post#14 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:44 pm

Some of the advice in this thread is hit and miss

The skills that you need to get for sure: cutting claw, thunderous blow, growing instability tactic and giouttine, growing instability boost all your crit hits which Mara does a lot due to feeding on fear tactic, gut ripper and giouttine, single target Mara build is the best aoe is only good for wb play

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=mar ... :5194:5204:

Tough, wounds str none of those stats are what your supposed to get

Futile strikes is what you need to get first, Mara has one of the worst iniative stats and so one of the highest base chances to be crit

NectaneboII
Banned

Post#15 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Buttbeard wrote:
NectaneboII wrote:
Buttbeard wrote:
yeah but pointed it out because "stack some wounds" might be interpret as go mostly wounds.
Even with a massive health pool you will be burned down fast if you don't have any other survival stat like toughness.
some :P
yes but still combine it with "stack" it is not a very clear advice. stack indicates that you should use a lot. Jut 2 or 3 talismans with wounds does not really count as stacking and we all tend to define "some" different. So if if you are new to the game you can easily interpret it to mean "Go more wounds than any other stat"
I apologize , what i meant to indicate would be something along the lines of : Find a set of gear that has wounds , slot a talisman to the piece that provides you with that stat .

Buttbeard

Post#16 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:12 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Tough, wounds str none of those stats are what your supposed to get

Futile strikes is what you need to get first, Mara has one of the worst iniative stats and so one of the highest base chances to be crit
For renown points yes Futile strikes or the parry increase. As specially futile strikes do cost more while leveling you can focus on that and put the points that is over into parry

But for stats at least i was refering to stats from gear and talismans. Initiative sucks on mar gear. and spening talis on in might not be the best idea. Then other stats is better to focus on when it comes to gear and talismans

or am i wrong about this?
My house is so much bigger than your house that your house does not even fit into my bathroom