Recent Topics

Ads

Advice for chosen, help me understand how to be a good tank.

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DirkDaring

Re: Advice for chosen, help me understand how to be a good tank.

Post#31 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:48 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:I mean...you could just let the guy play how he wants to.
Yeah.... then dont complain when nobody gets guarded and healers all want to DPS or not want to out of party heal.. thats a real enjoyable experience for everyone :)

We should tell him to run focused offense too.. cause you know... Teh Deeps Bro!

Personally having played since release on live day one until close. And here, there are always people trying to force people to play how they want them to play.

Mostly they use the excuse that playing their way is more enjoyable for everyone, not really it's more enjoyable for them, but not necessarily for the players they are demanding play the way they want them too.

Is a DPS Tank effective, or a DPS healer. ? They can be, are they as effective as a pure DPS class not really, but this is about having fun, while still helping your group etc.

You can be a 2H tank, and still guard, have access to 2H only ablity and help assist, or protect Mdps. Healers and not just be a Guardbot on follow.

Or you can be a DPS Healer, doing assist damage, while tossing out heals and cleanses, rez, etc. Between nukes.

Just because one plays a healer, doesn't mean they have to be a healbot, following other players around doing nothing but healing, so the other players have a more f un, and enjoyable gaming experience.

I have been playing MMOs for Twenty years, I have always played tanks, healers,

while I always protect others in my groups, healing out of party, mousing over corpses to see who is elgible for a rez. etc. Out of group, instead of just in my group/WB.

I have never created a healer or tank class with the idea to just follow others around and make their gaming experience more fun than mine.

Ads
kok

Post#32 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:45 am

For a tank Chosen
1)Go S/B. The shield is needed to use Hold the line for leading the charge.
2)Guard a mdps. Remember this, you are not doing for him but for yourself.
Many of your tactic and your heal aure required defend to proc and Guard is the best way for it to proc .
You can get as much as 70% parry from skill, tactic and rr pt alone.
3)You need str for CC to connect. So stack at least 400~500 strength
4)Avoidance is a must , every rr pt should be spend on it
5)Apply any debuff you can think of on target. Don't bother with dmg number, it will be crap.
6)Don't hit on backline healer unless you intend to CC him or it is part of Assist. Your dmg on him is crap anyway plus you overextended yourself for no reason.
7)It is possible to kill as a tank chosen .You are not going to be top of the chart but you will do just fine.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

lilsabin

Post#33 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:01 am

doesnt repel and downfall do the samething ?

kok

Post#34 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:41 pm

lilsabin wrote:doesnt repel and downfall do the samething ?
Repel is KnockBack
Downfall is KnckDown
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

lilsabin

Post#35 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:57 pm

thnx

Panzerkasper

Post#36 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 pm

kok wrote:For a tank Chosen
1)Go S/B. The shield is needed to use Hold the line for leading the charge.
2)Guard a mdps. Remember this, you are not doing for him but for yourself.
Many of your tactic and your heal aure required defend to proc and Guard is the best way for it to proc .
You can get as much as 70% parry from skill, tactic and rr pt alone.
3)You need str for CC to connect. So stack at least 400~500 strength
4)Avoidance is a must , every rr pt should be spend on it
5)Apply any debuff you can think of on target. Don't bother with dmg number, it will be crap.
6)Don't hit on backline healer unless you intend to CC him or it is part of Assist. Your dmg on him is crap anyway plus you overextended yourself for no reason.
7)It is possible to kill as a tank chosen .You are not going to be top of the chart but you will do just fine.
Wow, thank you. This is one of the most useful post i have seen here for a long time. (Absolutly no irony)
1 thing to add: Leanr guard switch, guard is not a static buff, give it to the ones who need it. First of all, yes to a mdps, but if a healer/rdps gets focuses, give him guard.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#37 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Panzerkasper

Post#38 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Stickzy wrote:2 Hander Build.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... :4791:4792:

Shield Build.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... :4791:4792:

Speed tactic is great for ORvR.
2 times the same build? :shock:

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
kok

Post#39 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:15 am

Panzerkasper wrote: Wow, thank you. This is one of the most useful post i have seen here for a long time. (Absolutly no irony)
1 thing to add: Leanr guard switch, guard is not a static buff, give it to the ones who need it. First of all, yes to a mdps, but if a healer/rdps gets focuses, give him guard.
It is important to note that guard only apply 1GCD(more if you include distance check) AFTER YOU APPLY IT.
Therefore it always give the illusion that whomever you guard dies.
Switching guard is always less faster, less effective than challenge which apply faster.
--Book of Five Rings

Tankbeardz

Post#40 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:05 pm

kok wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote: Wow, thank you. This is one of the most useful post i have seen here for a long time. (Absolutly no irony)
It is important to note that guard only apply 1GCD(more if you include distance check) AFTER YOU APPLY IT.
Therefore it always give the illusion that whomever you guard dies.
Switching guard is always less faster, less effective than challenge which apply faster.
Um....you simply can't replace guard with challenge. You need both.