Recent Topics

Ads

Help me out with Marauder

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Terrifier

Help me out with Marauder

Post#1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:58 am

Anyway 40 lvl , 42 rr mara reporting in.

I prefer to do solo pvp mostly, 1v1s etc, i know many of u will find this wrong but it's okay , i just find more fun in this...

So regarding that these are my questions:
1) What renown skills to take?
2) Current build i'm using http://www.ror.builders/career/marauder , i know about the sava/brut one but i prefer to have some CC would u change anything?
3) What talismans are important? I have merc set atm, but i noticed i die way too fast to WH/WL/Engi.
4) What buffs do i need? I notice every1 using armor and str buffs , guess i need to start my professions lol(lazy ass).

The speed rate at which i die is annoying , i don't wanna switch the class i really wanna learn mara, so throw your tips and advices! :D :D :D :D

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Re: Help me out with Marauder

Post#2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:10 am

Hello,
Your basic problem is "solo pvp" in game who hate solo pvp .....,
In fact no matter what kind of mutation You will use - first thing is style of fight. I suggest you should hide best as y can, and attack by surprise weakest and hide again.
Use Resolute Defense, Quickly Escape, Disrupt and Dogde/Cleansing winds - cos 80% of order dps are range dps.
Or just move in second line of any zerg and wait for chance to use Guillotine.

Terrifier

Post#3 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:43 pm

Interesting suggestion
Had an encounter with a WH today , his RR was 52 he took off half of my hp in one knockdown,
he ended up on 40% hp, i just die too fast... even if i cc him after he gets up im dead..

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:21 pm

Tell me...

How many levels of futile strikes do you have? Mara has one of the worst base iniataives in the game and as such one of the highest base chances to be critically hit

You need futile strikes to lower your base chance to be crit which might explain why you are dying so fast

secondly the whole armor and str thing

Maras get piercing bite at 39 which means they really don't need to stack weapon skill so they use str, armor and wounds instead

When you get jumped on by a wh look at your debuff bar and the tell a tail swirly animation around your character and either detaunt to negate his dps when he he kds you of pop resolute defense so he can't kd/disarm you off the bat

Lastly look, sav and brut is the best spec and your gimping yor self by not getting all the best dps tools and debuffs, and is the best for solo play and dueling as you are apparently doing, if your not in a grp monstro Mara is bad

As a solo Mara throwing out yor 3s aoe kd will just end up giving the immunities

Terrifier

Post#5 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:59 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Tell me...

How many levels of futile strikes do you have? Mara has one of the worst base iniataives in the game and as such one of the highest base chances to be critically hit

You need futile strikes to lower your base chance to be crit which might explain why you are dying so fast

secondly the whole armor and str thing

Maras get piercing bite at 39 which means they really don't need to stack weapon skill so they use str, armor and wounds instead

When you get jumped on by a wh look at your debuff bar and the tell a tail swirly animation around your character and either detaunt to negate his dps when he he kds you of pop resolute defense so he can't kd/disarm you off the bat

Lastly look, sav and brut is the best spec and your gimping yor self by not getting all the best dps tools and debuffs, and is the best for solo play and dueling as you are apparently doing, if your not in a grp monstro Mara is bad

As a solo Mara throwing out yor 3s aoe kd will just end up giving the immunities
Totally on spot mate , thx for the insight , appreciate , will switch the rr and spec, how many points would u put in futile strikes? Considering im 42 RR , i stacked might to max
Atm with armor buff i got around 2800 armor missing some talismans , i guess if i put like 3 +150 that will give me an edge and the rest in STR

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:40 am

I would suggest getting enough to help get precent chance to be into the low teens

This will also help with the feeding on fear's tactic debuff

Toldavf

Post#7 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:12 am

I would say avoid any lion with a kd and avoid any engie that seess you coming and drops a turret.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

TenTonHammer

Post#8 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:28 am

Toldavf wrote:I would say avoid any lion with a kd and avoid any engie that seess you coming and drops a turret.
Well the lion thing is a coin flip as you don't know if they specd it but you can try to maybe counter an entrenched engie with TE?

Ads
Toldavf

Post#9 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:39 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
Toldavf wrote:I would say avoid any lion with a kd and avoid any engie that seess you coming and drops a turret.
Well the lion thing is a coin flip as you don't know if they specd it but you can try to maybe counter an entrenched engie with TE?
Not overly 1vs1 any rdps that sees you coming can prekite dot up and wait even with tools like rd and cw it's best to always get the drop on them.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-