Recent Topics

Ads

(Chosen) DPS build?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
LuizGuerra

(Chosen) DPS build?

Post#1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:16 am

Hi, I'm starting this game for the first time, and I'm looking a DPS ish build for Chosen, primarily going to be doing more casual stuff with my friends for now (we are all new here), but I still want a build that is at least funcional/decent.
Many thanks!

Ads
TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Re: (Chosen) DPS build?

Post#2 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:23 am

>2 handed chosen
>functional/decent
Choose 1

On a more serious note, the Build RoR.builders - Chosen grab downfall when you have the chance/don't pick crippling strikes first, go for crit > str/ws. It may look like you are going to spam cleave...but nope, you are supposed to spam ravage, apperently 2h chosens swear by Rending Blade. I have no clue what makes this build so special, but from what i gathered you just commit your usual tank chosen rotation while using it, except you are now using rending blade as well...or you just spam ravage, i mean you have already broken the cardinal rule and have gone full mdps, the people are already looking at you with disgust and pity and you will watch the people on your group die left and right like flies, completely unaware that you could save them by grabbing a shield and learning how to use Guard and Hold the Line...so yeah, full ravage.

On a side note, i have to state my personal belief that out of the all tank classes, the chosen is the one most crippled without a shield, you throw both of your morale gain and mixed defences in the trash can, abilities that along with his auras pretty much define chosen, to get jack ****.
Last edited by TheSockPuppet on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blaqwar

Post#3 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Panzerkasper

Post#4 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:35 pm

Spoiler:
Everytime i see these "DPS tank" questions coming up i think of this

If you don't have advice for OP, you should not post here - Penril

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

tazdingo

Post#5 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:30 pm

everybody being snarky and elitist about dps tanks need to understand that pugs are a thing, it's how a lot of people play and that mdps in pug scenarios die way before achieving anything. dps tanks are your mdps in pugs

ravage spam chosen works fine. use rending blade, touch of palsy and the aoe wound debuff and hit people to death. the dmg aura is really bad, don't bother with it. remember to use flee + AP pots for a psuedo-charge. relentless just isn't worth it over ravage, but it does look pretty cool

Tesq

Post#6 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:42 pm

uhm for full dps spec (if you really wanna do that grab a guard)

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... :4791:4792:
last tactic either, 1 ap tactic or critical suppression

auras are : magic resistences, str + pick one as last, i would go with heal debuff,

the build is rr 50+ one full set.

in renown full crit first and full str later

offensive rotation:
snare, seeping wounds, (try taunt before -->)touch of palsy, ravage.

p.s: since warbuiler refuse to link morales-->
M1 armor debuff (root is a suicide)
M2 heal increase (it's your panic button since no detaunt)
M3 absorb work bad with low armor/tough go dmg reduction
M4 staple is too good.

NB: every point spent in discord mastery both increase all your skills dmg and aura debuff so is 2x effectivly so every extra point not used for taking skills should go here
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Panzerkasper

Post#7 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:56 pm

tazdingo wrote:everybody being snarky and elitist about dps tanks need to understand that pugs are a thing, it's how a lot of people play and that mdps in pug scenarios die way before achieving anything. dps tanks are your mdps in pugs

ravage spam chosen works fine. use rending blade, touch of palsy and the aoe wound debuff and hit people to death. the dmg aura is really bad, don't bother with it. remember to use flee + AP pots for a psuedo-charge. relentless just isn't worth it over ravage, but it does look pretty cool
Such Irony!
You know, that mdps wouldn't die so fast if the Tanks would do their job properly? I mean its just 1/3 of the job, but it would make dps tanks redundant.

Back to topic:
I highly advise you not to do this. You might get flamed and embarrass yourself.

waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build This will be your build. Go Str and Crit.

Rotation: Start with a snare, everybody hates when ppl run away. Apply Wounds debuff, Seeping Wound, Taunt, ToP and then ravage until death (yours or the enemies) -> Start again.

So this: waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build is your proper spec that does decent damage and is actually usefull. The trick is simply to apply Crippling strike with Rending blade on your opponents and take pressure out of the fight. The damage rotation is basically the same as mentioned, but incorporated RB on CD.

Auras are Str, Res and AP. Healdebuff aura is good until you get into T4, then it becomes a waste of skillpoints.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Tankbeardz

Post#8 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Panzerkasper wrote: So this: waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build is your proper spec that does decent damage and is actually usefull. The trick is simply to apply Crippling strike with Rending blade on your opponents and take pressure out of the fight. The damage rotation is basically the same as mentioned, but incorporated RB on CD.
Auras are Str, Res and AP. Healdebuff aura is good until you get into T4, then it becomes a waste of skillpoints.
FO over CS? Ehh..

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#9 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Tankbeardz wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote: So this: waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build is your proper spec that does decent damage and is actually usefull. The trick is simply to apply Crippling strike with Rending blade on your opponents and take pressure out of the fight. The damage rotation is basically the same as mentioned, but incorporated RB on CD.
FO over CS? Ehh..
Explain yourself!

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Tankbeardz

Post#10 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:20 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:
FO over CS? Ehh..
Explain yourself!
I was looking at the pure DPS build that didn't make any sense at all. The second one you linked makes much better sense. Disregard.