Recent Topics

Ads

How should i play chosen

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DarkLoya2133

How should i play chosen

Post#1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:29 pm

I have question,it maybe sound strange,but what is right way to play chosen
Should i go full tank (add stast only to toughness) or should i add some stats to strenght?
Please leave some advices for new player,thanks :D

Ads
Blasio

Re: How should i play chosen

Post#2 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:40 pm

Turn your auras on and start to smash buttons, thats all.

:)

Jokes aside Im not a chosen player but as far as I know stacking armor tilasmans is more useful than thoughness in t4. Or if you want to hit things strenght and weapon skill.

SnB is always more welcomed than two hand builds but destro has a shitload of dedicated tanks so you can go without your shield if you want do some kills and fluff damage.

Also if you want to grind mats you should level a dps toon either because with tanks its a bit tedious to farm mobs. Not impssible but significantly slower.

And best advice for a tank: always use Guard. :)

cimator

Post#3 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Blasio wrote:Or if you want to hit things strenght and weapon skill.
Just strength, chosen's damage is mostly spirit(ravage and touch of palsy), better to go more str or armor talismans instead of weapon skill.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

th3gatekeeper

Post#4 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:14 pm

DarkLoya2133 wrote:Should i go full tank
First, Chosen should ALWAYS be played a "full tanks". This is your #1 job and role as a Chosen.

Now what many unfortunately think is that there are two choices:
- DPS
- Tank

In reality there ARE two choices:
- 2H Tank
- SnB Tank

Notice I didnt list "DPS" anywhere on there.

Now, the choice on which TANK to play largely comes from your playstyle and what you want to run.

If you are 2H, you want to max Parry/dodge/disrupt. You can parry guard damage. You still want incredibly high Wounds/Toughness/Armor and anything left over you can throw in strength. You "value add" here is really Crip Strikes - debuffing enemy damage.

If you are SnB, youll want to max Block/Parry/Dodge Disrupt. Block/Parry guard damage. want high toughness/wounds/armor etc. Your "value add" is Knockdown + DFV which will give you M3-M4 very quickly.

Both are valid playstyles for Chosen.

What ISNT a "valid playstyle" that gives Chosen Tanks a bad name are the "Im Duh Deeps Bruh" Chosen who will do stupid stuff like NOT stack parry, NOT guard, stack strength and only strength and the real kicker that occasionally you see is focused offense - which should be removed from the game.

This is along the same line as the DPS AM/Shaman that everyone loves to hate. These Chosen are worthless IMO. If you want to NOT focus on using guard, go play a Mara. EVERYONE will thank you for it. Not only can you actually do more DPS but you wont get players confused thinking "we have a tank" when your really just a worse version of a Mara dressed up as a Chosen.

If it were up to me, you wouldnt have a choice on if guard was active or not, you only had a choice on WHO it was on. That would force all tanks to be a TINY bit "retard proof". But its not up to me (sadly).

But as far as what/how you want to play. You pick your "style" of play and maybe the "look". Both tanks are TANKS so stack your defensive stuff. Whatever is left over, kudos, throw it in STR. Youll want 600 Toughness minimum. Likely 8k HP. I would shoot for ~35% parry minimum on a 2H tank (via gear + renown), combined with suppression youll be at 60% which is decent. I forget the weapon (Anarchy?) but there is a sword that on defense has chance to give you 10% more parry/dodge/disrupt. Use this, its pretty much BIS aside from a few top tier items. If you get 35% Parry from RR + Gear. 25% Suppression and 10% weapon youll sit at 70% parry which is perfect. Youll be a beast and easily support whoever you are guarding VERY well.

Youll likely use Rugged (160 tough) + your 2x 2H tactics (15% crit + Crip Strikes). Then I prefer Flawless armor as my 4th. Other option is super punt (when appropriate).

If you get over 700 STR your solid. You really dont need more then that, any DPS you provide is more "supplemental" than anything. If your lucky youll be top 5 DPS on the charts NOT because you "maxed your DPS" but because you are so damn tanky that nobody kills you so you are constantly alive and pushing the front lines with your guard-ee. If you do your job you should NEVER be #1 DPS as your guard-ees or backline RPDS will EASILY outDPS you (if you do your job).
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard