Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Questions regarding RvR SnB Tank

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Haskr

[Chosen] Questions regarding RvR SnB Tank

Post#1 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 am

Hello all!

A few weeks ago i started with RoR and rolled chosen, because i remembered him from live and found the auras rather nice and wanted to play as a tank. However, as i hit T4 and want to improve my grasp of the class, i have some questions regarding playing in RvR (what i do most of the time) and it would be verry much appreciated, if some experienced chosen players could help me out!

1. How much strength do i need? Atm i am at 264, as i read this forum, some ppl suggested to have about 600 to get your cc to the target, wich is quite reasonable, but is this really for SnB or 2h? If it is, how do you reach this numbers, even if i would full stack str talis, it seems difficult.

2. Related to that: What should be the go-to way to stack talis? As i inspect many chosen, i see many of them stacking thoughness. But also many other combinations.

3. What set of gear should i use? atm i have full ruin, subjugator shroud and still a t3 purple belt from rvr, because i found no better one. I have enough RR and medals to buy the conq belt, should i do that? I cant see the set bonus, but it would take some time to get a second piece of conq after the belt. I also could buy full anihilation, but i allways hesitate to lose the 7% block from ruin, even if ani has better stats.

4. What are the stats that im looking for as RvR SnB Tank? My stats at the moment are the following:
Str: 264
Tough: 694 (Without Aura)
Wounds: 768
Initative: 169
Weapons Skill: 228
Resistances (Without Aura): Spirit 487, Element 427, Corp 425

5. What set of jewelry to use? i have one genesis piece, but am using 3% dodge and disrupt tome set and a mark of the guardian (1% Block) at the moment, because to get the genesis stuff together is rather difficult to plan.

6. What kind of build should i run? I link my current one, but what are the experienced players using? I also use quake, but could not pic it in builder RoR.builders - Chosen

7. What Auras should i have? I use AP, Resistance and Toughness atm, is that it? I rolled with healing aura for some time, until i noticed that AP aura maybe helps a bit more for my teammates, even if its less survivability when i get ganked or stuff like that. Do the 20 ap every 5 secs really hurt the enemy? I dont have that impression right now.

8. What is the generall playstile? Atm i apply guard to a mdps and follow him arround, try to assist him by cc his target and so on, but many mdps dont seem to know that they have guard on them, and run verry weirdly arround.

9. Last question regarding tankiness in the broader picture. I had some very strange gankings, when i was riding to BO's alone. Some (not all) WH and WL bring me down rather quickly, which i have no problem with, but i wonder how they do that. I try to apply Touch of Palsi, Sever Blessing, get Suppression up, watch that they dont get in my backside, but still it feels sometimes like i have no armor at all, but im way over the soft cap, so yeah. I am just wondering, because at other times, if i have a bit of heal support, maybe have shield wall and/or hold the line up, and my back is free, a whole zerg can focus me and nothing really happens, had those moment a few times and its allways enjoyable, but then you ride alone for five meter and a wh or wl drops you rather quickly, always find that strange, because i saw some Kotbs on the field who seem to be ungankable, and i wanted to become like that.

Thank you for your time and help!

Edit: I also see many chosen run with one hand axe instead of sword, is that just personal preference or does the axe have something that the sword doesnt?

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: [Chosen] Questions regarding RvR SnB Tank

Post#2 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:04 am

How you spec is completly depending on your group. There arn't really one spec fits all.
Hints about what stats that are good for the class can be found amongst the tactics usually.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:02 pm

With the changes made to CS no longer working with aoe abilites I'd say there is no reason to even consider 2h for chosen, ever

Krima

Post#4 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:36 pm

they destroyed 2h chosen so R.I.P

Strategy to survive 1v1s vs WLs, WH...

Auras: Corruption (heal aura), Dreadful agony (dmg aura), Toughness aura
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... :0:4782:0:

As soon..as they jump on you.
1. Downfall
2. Bane Shield
3. Suppresion
4. Touch of palpsy
5. Snare
6. seeping wound
7. Withering blow vs WLs lol...

Basicaly keep bane shield on cd all the time and suppresion up all the time.

Pots: Heal over time 3.2k, 1,5k from vendor...all this pots + heal aura + warped flesh...they need at least 17k of dmg to bring you down...If morale 3 is up thanks to destiny for victory thats another 7.2k abosorb..
+ Armor pots + STR pots

You should have a hard time versus WLs ...but WHs is the worst mdps in game right now and should be food for you.

Im no expert in chosen business..but this what Ive been doing so far as a chosen rr 45 and ive been able to beat some of those high rr players 60-70 rr ... you will get alot of hate msg "chosen op"
You dont even need bis gear...full ruin its enough
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Luuca

Post#5 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:21 pm

Haskr wrote: 1. How much strength do i need? Atm i am at 264, as i read this forum, some ppl suggested to have about 600 to get your cc to the target, wich is quite reasonable, but is this really for SnB or 2h? If it is, how do you reach this numbers, even if i would full stack str talis, it seems difficult.
You should shoot for between 500 and 600 STR as a Guard-bot SnB Chosen. This will allow your punts and CC to actually land more than they miss. You can achieve this by running a +80 STR pot and gearing with some STR +20 or better STR talis. I would not use the STR aura as you should not have any points into Dread tree to make it worthwhile.
Haskr wrote: 2. Related to that: What should be the go-to way to stack talis? As i inspect many chosen, i see many of them stacking thoughness. But also many other combinations.
Your "Magic" numbers (from Live) was 800 STR/ 800 Tough/ 800 Wounds. With that goal in mind in the long-term, gear for 450 Str making up the diff in Talis. The rest should be either Toughness or Wounds (Tough > wounds)
Haskr wrote: 3. What set of gear should i use? atm i have full ruin, subjugator shroud and still a t3 purple belt from rvr, because i found no better one. I have enough RR and medals to buy the conq belt, should i do that? I cant see the set bonus, but it would take some time to get a second piece of conq after the belt. I also could buy full anihilation, but i allways hesitate to lose the 7% block from ruin, even if ani has better stats.
The +/- on things like Block, Parry, -% to be crit etc. from the SET PIECES can be made up in renown points. The SET BONUSES from the sets is where you can make a build. IMO if you can use the higher tier gear SET in full, use the one that gives you the best CHARACTER STATS, and then Adjust your SPEC based upon the Set Bonuses via renown points and Talismans. I'll admit, it' a bit of a witches brew, but that's part of the fun of this game. the sets and set bonuses are farily close, so your renown rank comes into play more and more over RR45.

What GEAR SET you use, and I say SET because mixing sets right now is not as beneficial as it used to be in most cases, depends upon your role in the party. Want a full tank, CC machine? Use Ruin. Want a good tank with decent DPS: use PVP Set.. it all depends upon what role you are fulfilling in a group. This evolves as those in your group/guild/6man grow and get better as well as the groups you fight. For example, I may need to be more defensive for one premade and I may need to bring more dps when fighting another. I change gear and spec depending upon who the competition is. As a SnB Chosen your dps is going to be truly marginal and a lot of fluff damage easily healed through. Your role is either damage soak for others or damage soak for others while adding some DPS. See? the key factor is damage soak - guard. the rest is just icing.
Haskr wrote: 4. What are the stats that im looking for as RvR SnB Tank? My stats at the moment are the following:
Str: 264
Tough: 694 (Without Aura)
Wounds: 768
Initative: 169
Weapons Skill: 228
Resistances (Without Aura): Spirit 487, Element 427, Corp 425
This goes back to the 800/800/800 stats we talked about before. IMO, at 40, with full ruin, and good talis you shuld be near these:
Str: 450 (use a Potion to get 500+)
Tough: 694 (Without Aura) Use your aura and Talis to get to 800
Wounds: 768 - fine
Initative: 169 (you should be at 9% to be crit without Impen Arm talis. Renown points in this help a lot
Weapons Skill: 228 fine
Resistances (Without Aura): Spirit 487, Element 427, Corp 425 so with aura you are about 700 in all 3? Use the Impervious Winds ring set to get over 1000 resists in each. Google it.
Haskr wrote: 5. What set of jewelry to use? i have one genesis piece, but am using 3% dodge and disrupt tome set and a mark of the guardian (1% Block) at the moment, because to get the genesis stuff together is rather difficult to plan.
Use the 3% Parry ring from the rats quest reward and the impervious winds set.
Haskr wrote: 6. What kind of build should i run? I link my current one, but what are the experienced players using? I also use quake, but could not pic it in builder RoR.builders - Chosen
http://www.ror.builders/career/chosen/s ... ,4779,4777

Yours is wasting points in Dread with no real benefit. Add points in Discord to add resists for the group and in center for Toughness aura.
Haskr wrote: 7. What Auras should i have? I use AP, Resistance and Toughness atm, is that it? I rolled with healing aura for some time, until i noticed that AP aura maybe helps a bit more for my teammates, even if its less survivability when i get ganked or stuff like that. Do the 20 ap every 5 secs really hurt the enemy? I dont have that impression right now.
Again situational. Lots of magic and backlash combined with resists and toughness is strong against MRDPS like BWs and AM. Use the heal debuff in SCs adn such when you have a coordinated train. Open RVR, DF is good. the AP drain/AP Add aura is good 1v1 and in a group with near-all mdps.
Haskr wrote: 8. What is the generall playstile? Atm i apply guard to a mdps and follow him around, try to assist him by cc his target and so on, but many mdps dont seem to know that they have guard on them, and run very weirdly around.
BAD MDPS run around wildly - or PUG Dps will do this and expect you, as a tank, to have all their anti-kiting tools and cc breaks. Group with smarter MDPS and float guard to healers as needed. CC, Snare, Challenge, as needed.
Haskr wrote: 9. Last question regarding tankiness in the broader picture. I had some very strange gankings, when i was riding to BO's alone. Some (not all) WH and WL bring me down rather quickly, which i have no problem with, but i wonder how they do that. I try to apply Touch of Palsi, Sever Blessing, get Suppression up, watch that they dont get in my backside, but still it feels sometimes like i have no armor at all, but im way over the soft cap, so yeah. I am just wondering, because at other times, if i have a bit of heal support, maybe have shield wall and/or hold the line up, and my back is free, a whole zerg can focus me and nothing really happens, had those moment a few times and its allways enjoyable, but then you ride alone for five meter and a wh or wl drops you rather quickly, always find that strange, because i saw some Kotbs on the field who seem to be ungankable, and i wanted to become like that.

It has a lot to do with rock-paper-scissors and renown rank and gear. Get your toughness up, your STR up, and renown up and all gets better. KoTBS is a solid all-around class with great survivability - so is Chosen. It is still very Renown>gear>spec>Skill based, so some WLs and WH will have your number all the time and others will not. Improve your toon and it gets better.
Haskr wrote: Edit: I also see many chosen run with one hand axe instead of sword, is that just personal preference or does the axe have something that the sword doesnt?
Axes or swords does not matter. Use the best possible 1-hander you have.

gke96

Post#6 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:52 am

classic warband spec: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... 5:;0:0:0:0:
(last tactic is optional)
you need minimum 9k hp, 4500-5k armor(with potion) , 850 elemental resist(with buff) and 700 toughness (with buff) *for large scale warband play*

For 6man 2H after rending blade nerf i go with this:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... 7:4781:0:0: (with 3xRD 1xQE full parry from renown necesary(60rr minimum), defensive gear and at least +3 morale from gear)

I wont speak much about rending blade nerf as its done aiming me spamming rending blade with chopfasta in warbands and done without considering the consequences of it on small scale i believe
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

Templa

Post#7 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:26 am

Krima wrote:they destroyed 2h chosen so R.I.P
TenTonHammer wrote:With the changes made to CS no longer working with aoe abilites I'd say there is no reason to even consider 2h for chosen, ever
Can you explain to me why 2H Chosen is not a viable choice anymore?
I like the thought of having a shield more anyway but, why is that so?
Image Image

Tesq

Post#8 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:16 pm

Templa wrote:
Krima wrote:they destroyed 2h chosen so R.I.P
TenTonHammer wrote:With the changes made to CS no longer working with aoe abilites I'd say there is no reason to even consider 2h for chosen, ever
Can you explain to me why 2H Chosen is not a viable choice anymore?
I like the thought of having a shield more anyway but, why is that so?
becasue there is a very binded to s+b tactic which is destinated for victory (moral boost) now left mastery have a tactics which on crits reduces dmg and a tactic which increase crits when 2h.

Since that tactic (cripple strike) was also workinf in s+b build; the only meaning in the 2h was have a better crit chance and a better application radius using aoe skill (especially rending blade which is the higer skill in left mastery).
With cripple strike no anymore working on aoe the whole build 2h which was based all around cripple strike (loose hold the line and morall boost from s+b but gain undefitable aoe skill + more crit in 2h ) became useless. They are working something to replace the CS.
The reason why CS was changed is due stack with challenge make it a 55% dmg reduction and also base tank moral 3 i assume .

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:23 pm

Apparently the story goes like this, 2H Chosen were a barely viable one-trick pony that could spam a single AOE ability (Rending Blade), in combination with a tactic (Crippling Strikes), to debuff player damage by a significant amount (provided Rending Blade lands a crit). This also stacked with Challenge, which means if you had a 2h Chosen in your group, their sole job was to harass backlines and debuff the DPS player damage by 55%.

At first, we nerfed both aspects of this. CS didn't stack with Challenge, and it applied on single target crits only. Then we allowed it to stack again.

Currently the only thing that is different is you're not spamming an AoE to apply CS to everyone around you. So, whether or not this trick has 'destroyed' their viability is pretty damn suspect to staff and comes off like flagrant whining. Naturally, we're dismissive about it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Panzerkasper

Post#10 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:47 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Apparently the story goes like this, 2H Chosen were a barely viable one-trick pony that could spam a single AOE ability (Rending Blade), in combination with a tactic (Crippling Strikes), to debuff player damage by a significant amount (provided Rending Blade lands a crit). This also stacked with Challenge, which means if you had a 2h Chosen in your group, their sole job was to harass backlines and debuff the DPS player damage by 55%.

At first, we nerfed both aspects of this. CS didn't stack with Challenge, and it applied on single target crits only. Then we allowed it to stack again.

Currently the only thing that is different is you're not spamming an AoE to apply CS to everyone around you. So, whether or not this trick has 'destroyed' their viability is pretty damn suspect to staff and comes off like flagrant whining. Naturally, we're dismissive about it.
So after playing Chosen for many many years in solid premades, solo and warbands, RB+CS was the only really viable 2h build for Chosen, it's not like SnB, wich has 2 or 3 specs, that are still pretty viable.

Another issue I stated in the thread with the patchnotes is the inconsistency of stacking abilitys/tactics/morales. Roadkillrobin said they knew about CS stacking with Challenge and they didnt report it because it actually was following the general rule of tactic+ability stacking = ok. But suddenly it isn't anymore, and instead of tuning down the values or something like that, it gets killed.

And now it's gone and people are pissed off. Me too to be honest, i always loved to play this style. I mean what did you expect what would happen?

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen