Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Questions regarding RvR SnB Tank

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Thelen

Re: [Chosen] Questions regarding RvR SnB Tank

Post#21 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:39 pm

xanderous wrote:
Spoiler:
roadkillrobin wrote:
xanderous wrote:
Dirty tricks + leading shot, are you really trying to argue against two different classes synergizing their tactics to gain more crit chance vs 1 class reducing 75% flat damage, come on dude....

None of the other points you made about the other classes abilities are even slightly relevant in comparison to this.
Ofc one realm able to stack stuff and the other one isn't is completly irrelevant.

And it's not stacking up to 75% reduction.
You are talking about one class spreading a huge damage reduction like a plague, vs resist reductions or increasing critical chance or increased auto attack, which bares very little significane if these assests are getting negated by an overall damage reduction almost 100% of the time........

I never said it was stacking, i said it reduced 75% damage, which it does.
It reduces damage 25%. Damage is reduced TO 75%. Very big difference.

Ads
xanderous

Post#22 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:48 pm

Thelen wrote:
xanderous wrote:
Spoiler:
roadkillrobin wrote:
Ofc one realm able to stack stuff and the other one isn't is completly irrelevant.

And it's not stacking up to 75% reduction.
You are talking about one class spreading a huge damage reduction like a plague, vs resist reductions or increasing critical chance or increased auto attack, which bares very little significane if these assests are getting negated by an overall damage reduction almost 100% of the time........

Could you show me the patch post or where you are getting this information from because there is nothing in the changelist regarding it being reduced from 75% to 25%.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Thelen

Post#23 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:50 pm

xanderous wrote:
Thelen wrote:
xanderous wrote:
Spoiler:

Could you show me the patch post or where you are getting this information from because there is nothing in the changelist regarding it being reduced from 75% to 25%.
Read the tooltip on the ability. It has never reduced damage by 75% like you are saying.

"Anytime you critically hit an enemy, they will deal only 75% damage for 10s"

That makes an attack that would have done 1000 damage, with crippling strikes would do 750 damage (-25%).

What you are suggesting is the attack would only do 250 damage (-75%).
Last edited by Thelen on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Collateral

Post#24 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:51 pm

Damage is reduced BY 25%, if you don't understand what he means. Also, this thread got seriously derailed...

xanderous

Post#25 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Thelen wrote:
xanderous wrote:
Thelen wrote:
Read the tooltip on the ability. It has never reduced damage by 75% like you are saying.

That makes an attack that would have done 1000 damage, with crippling strikes would do 750 damage (-25%).

But i just used it on my chosen and the tooltip says 75%, when it activates on an enemy it says 75%, where are you getting 25% from?
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

Thelen

Post#26 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:00 pm

xanderous wrote:
Thelen wrote:
xanderous wrote:

But i just used it on my chosen and the tooltip says 75%, when it activates on an enemy it says 75%, where are you getting 25% from?
You are either reading it wrong, or don't understand how percentages work. Go and test on any mob in the game.

xanderous

Post#27 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Thelen wrote:
xanderous wrote:
Thelen wrote:

You are either reading it wrong, or don't understand how percentages work. Go and test on any mob in the game.
Ah wait, brainfart, yes you are correct, i read the tooltip wrong, 25%, i think i was getting muddled up with the whole challenge stacking with cripling strike which is 70% + 25% damage reduction, my bad.

Darosh
Banned

Post#28 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Its hilarious that people - acting as if they ran in proper formats and compositions while facing remotely proper opposition on a consistent enough base for any of this to matter - considered CS to be <only a 2h tool> and moreso only proccable AoE-wise in a reliable way with RS even prior to certain changes made on RoR that dealt with some of the braindead ways of doing so which were fancied on live.

All things considered:
Willing to opt for easier application over the ability to stack with Challenge AND by normal means with ID (which chosen has an ridiculously easy access to via DFV) is not only telling in regards to the conditions that are being played in, but also makes for alot of amusement as the "issue" with application is considered more class and game breaking than a STILL accessible godmode to survive even the biggest bursts with.

Get your considerations and priorities right before you pull the "muh poor class" and "muh poor game" cards - especially if you pull the latter whilst referring to how much of how many toolkits is necessary to temporarily break the game.
Abbd.: To clarify: Composition > class, regardless.

Abbd.: In other words: You should shush and be happy with it stacking. Making it easier to proc again but not stacking would cripple the class more than the current iteration (does according to you) - especially in any level of competitive play.

(Challenge + ID = good)
(Challenge + CS = very good)
(Challenge + CS + ID = ridiculous)

Abbd.: CS still the best way of shutting down bursts given the above, without the AoE procs you just gotta pay attention - i.e. it upped the skillfloor [lowered uptime via disabling of AoE proc] significantly. If thats an issue for and you yet play chosen... you cannot be helped.
Abbd.: On demand AoE detaunt (for your entire group/warband) in combination with Challenge versus on demand singletarget detaunt in combination with challenge - go figure.

Abbd.: My two cents. Bring the thread back on topic.

E: Words and stuff.
Last edited by Darosh on Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#29 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:56 pm

How are you gonna proc AoE CS relibly without using a two hander? Blast Wave and Quake have really long CD. Its a non issue. And you basicly lose Immaculate Defence without Shield.

The no CS nerf on AoE is a blow to 2hander warband builds and almoast no impact at all on small scale sheild build as you gona proc it easily of AA anyway if you want to.

So why even 2 hander atm as you can do all the stuff and better with Shield with these changes.

You consider ID+CS+Challange an issue in small scale? but it was almoast unaffected with this change.

All the nerfing acompmished was making a non metagame build that that was a alternative build for warbands and forced Chosen even more into a fotm cookiccutter build. CS build opened up options and variaty for the class wich imo is pretty much gone now.

dansari

Post#30 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:08 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:How are you gonna proc AoE CS relibly without using a two hander? Blast Wave and Quake have really long CD. Its a non issue. And you basicly lose Immaculate Defence without Shield.
I don't have a dog in this fight, and I have no qualms with anything anybody is saying because I don't know how much the change impacted Chosen, but just reading this made me laugh. You don't lose imac without a shield, you just get there at the same time my SM does because you don't get a ridiculous morale tactic (which others have called overrated)... not every minute like you're used to.
<Salt Factory>