Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Questions regarding RvR SnB Tank

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: [Chosen] Questions regarding RvR SnB Tank

Post#11 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Panzerkasper wrote: And now it's gone and people are pissed off. Me too to be honest, i always loved to play this style. I mean what did you expect what would happen?
What happens when the most played and favored classes from both WAR live, and here, are nerfed in any way? We expect fountains of salty rage to erupt onto the forums, spewed forth from our mighty forum warriors with vile disgust. It takes exceptional effort to disseminate the difference between legitimate complaints that something was overdone, and people getting mad we're breaking their favorite toys, instead of breaking someone elses.

Did I mention it stacks with Challenge currently? I think I mentioned that. It's not applicable from AoE now, that's the only current change. Did you not catch that in the following patch?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
xanderous

Post#12 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:02 pm

Did any other tanks have a similar abilities have aoe spam + crippling strike option?
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:56 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Apparently the story goes like this, 2H Chosen were a barely viable one-trick pony that could spam a single AOE ability (Rending Blade)

Currently the only thing that is different is you're not spamming an AoE to apply CS to everyone around you. So, whether or not this trick has 'destroyed' their viability is pretty damn suspect to staff and comes off like flagrant whining. Naturally, we're dismissive about it.
This isnt about stacking with challiange it was NEVER about that and i feel like yall are missing the real point/issue which personally i find rather surprising

It is no small fact that you give up SO MUCH as chosen by going for 2H instead of SnB on top of the standard stuff that moes from shields such as more damage mitigation HTL! etc etc you also lose out on poweful tactics like mixed defenses and DFV

all so that you can go a specific niche utility build that mainly excelled at RvR Applying CS in an AoE with rending blade was what the 2H chosen tree was all about; look at the skills and the tree and you can see the purpose and intent, undefendable attacks and inc crit chance for 2H weapons and many a people i talked to ingame recently all assumed that CS never stacked with challenge in the first place in RoR

Now that you can no longer Apply CS in an AoE with Blast wave or Rending blade the 2H playstyle serves no purpose at all, its a joke, a loldps tree for those whom want style points with a 2H and their no point to running them even in a war band nor a reason to ever run anything besides SnB chosen

Dont make CS stack with challange but let allow us to apply CS with AoE again or compensate the 2H chosen tree so it not a joke

wargrimnir wrote:
What happens when the most played and favored classes from both WAR live, and here, are nerfed in any way?
Your missing the point, you didnt nerf the real issues with chosen like the power of auras or DFV, the niche 2h chosen playstyle was never an issue

Its like if you guys wanted to nerf the overprevelance of BO as a second tank in 6v6 and stuff so you go and nerf BO's 2H tree....like it really dosnt address the issue and was never a or the problem in the first place

As it stand, 2H chosen is a non viable spec for RvR as if you want AoE dps and also ultility, 2H bg is a much better choice while tri spec/ SnB chosen will more or less continue with buisness as usual as they werent really harmed in anyway bar BW being unable to apply CS but now they are the unquestionable apex spec choice
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#14 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Yeah, gotta side with TenTon here. 2h Chosen was a niche spec, but at least it had a niche, right? The nerf seems nonsensical, and the "we're gonna stick to our guns no matter what" attitude seems unwarranted in this case. It's not like 2h Chosen was something overpowered, plaguing the game with its prevalence (unless you count the number of dudes in full STR talis and no Guard on their hotbar as a plague ;) ). There is plenty of stuff that is arguably more broken, such as 100% uptime aoe snares on KotBS and Black Orc, or the lolauras gameplay of Chosen and KotBS.

Just seems like an odd change to make to an underperforming, niche spec.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

roadkillrobin

Post#15 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:12 pm

How do you spam AoE attack with 5sec CD without a CD reducer? Are all 5 sec CD skills considered spammeble now? And why kill yet another viable warband spec due to complaints from 6man players? Why wasn't this even brought up to ballance discussion?

Saying that using a mastery defining skill on CD is mindless spamming is basicly saying that using AoE cleanse on CD or, Annihilate on CD is also mindless spamming. It's not like it's the only thing you did when specced for it.

Rending Blade also have really short and conal range. You'd be glad to hit 2 dps with it.

xanderous

Post#16 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:28 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:How do you spam AoE attack with 5sec CD without a CD reducer?
Like this....

Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

roadkillrobin

Post#17 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Then stacking ressist buffs able to procs from SM AoE also spammeble and sole purpose of SM.

Dirty Trick sand and Leading Shots stacking and increase crit chance against EVERYONE you hit.

KD on every single non healer class.

Static AA boost on every single melee dps.

Oh my. Destro got some AoE that requires a crit to targets within 25 feet targets that makes you drop Morale tactics that stacks with a abillity that is cleared off in 3 secinds with 30 second CD. Can't have that
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xanderous

Post#18 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:02 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Then stacking ressist buffs able to procs from SM AoE also spammeble and sole purpose of SM.

Dirty Trick sand and Leading Shots stacking and increase crit chance against EVERYONE you hit.

Oh my. Destro got some AoE that stacks with a abillity that is cleared off in 3 secinds with 30 second CD. Can't have that
Dirty tricks + leading shot, are you really trying to argue against two different classes synergizing their tactics to gain more crit chance vs 1 class reducing 75% flat damage, come on dude....

None of the other points you made about the other classes abilities are even slightly relevant in comparison to this.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#19 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:12 pm

xanderous wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:Then stacking ressist buffs able to procs from SM AoE also spammeble and sole purpose of SM.

Oh my. Destro got some AoE that stacks with a abillity that is cleared off in 3 secinds with 30 second CD. Can't have that
Dirty tricks + leading shot, are you really trying to argue against two different classes synergizing their tactics to gain more crit chance vs 1 class reducing 75% flat damage, come on dude....

None of the other points you made about the other classes abilities are even slightly relevant in comparison to this.
Ofc one realm able to stack stuff and the other one isn't is completly irrelevant.

And it's not stacking up to 75% reduction.

xanderous

Post#20 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:35 pm

Spoiler:
roadkillrobin wrote:
xanderous wrote:

Ofc one realm able to stack stuff and the other one isn't is completly irrelevant.

And it's not stacking up to 75% reduction.
You are talking about one class spreading a huge damage reduction like a plague, vs resist reductions or increasing critical chance or increased auto attack, which bares very little significane if these assests are getting negated by an overall damage reduction almost 100% of the time........

I never said it was stacking, i said it reduced 75% damage, which it does.