Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen Build?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
nPegler

Chosen Build?

Post#1 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Ads
OldSparky

Re: Chosen Build?

Post#2 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:12 pm

RoR.builders - Chosen

So if you want to be a full-tank, this would be a better option for Chosen(tactic-wise could possibly use some work though) although if you want to tank for PvE then switch Tzeentch's Warding for Menace. Not sure about the 2h Chosen though.

Panzerkasper

Post#3 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:43 am

more likely take this: waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build

or you can go with this: waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build

All done with r40/rr40. Hastened dismissal is core in every tactic setup. Destined for victory is not mandatory in the first spec, you could also switch it with critical suppression or flawless armor/rugged if you feel too squishy.
In the second build DfV is absolutly mandatory to have a good uptime on Sprout Carapace.

2h chosen is dead, at least momentarily since crippling strikes doesnt work with rending blade.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Arconnn

Post#4 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:42 pm

SnB (since 2h is current dead)
Tab Target spam Seeping Wound for Crippling Strikes
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... 8:;0:0:0:0:
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

Luuca

Post#5 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Arconnn wrote:SnB (since 2h is current dead)
simply amazing.

armor pots and Oppression do not stack.

If you reach R4M ID is better tha SC

#1 RDPS we face as Destruction is BW and yet you have no points in resists.

CS is nice, but as S&S Chosen, not a solid spec. It was the keystone and purpose of the GW Chosen.
OP: Do not use the above spec.

The usual, solid as a rock, Chosen build at 40/40 looks like this:

http://www.ror.builders/career/chosen/s ... ,4775,4784

Quake and resists aura over 300
Downfall and Mixed defenses with toughness aura

3rd Aura is either Magic Backlash from DF or you can spend a point in Discord for Discordant Turbulence for the -25% healing debuff (for when you run into 3 AMs, 1 WP, and 2 RP) in an SC.

The main issue with "unique" builds is they are one-trick ponies. They are set up for specific duties. The build I linked is a solid, all around guard a DPS and control the battlefield spec for sub RR50 Chosen. Running into the backlines with ZERO additional points in Resists to spam Seeping wounds on every RDPS you can catch will simply get you and your MDPS train, who stopped at the first target while you went on to Cripple Strike everyone else, dead.

NeverForget

Post#6 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:45 pm

My question is not about the point of the post, but, I see you know about Chosens and I want to know about that because Im a noobie :D which is the best tank for Destru? Im starting with a blork, and it seems fun, but Ive heard good things about Chosens and Id like to try the tank way (tried the witch elf way and I didnt like it).

Thanks in advance!

NF

Luuca

Post#7 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:more likely take this: waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build

or you can go with this: waronlinebuilder.org - Chosen build

All done with r40/rr40. Hastened dismissal is core in every tactic setup. Destined for victory is not mandatory in the first spec, you could also switch it with critical suppression or flawless armor/rugged if you feel too squishy.
In the second build DfV is absolutly mandatory to have a good uptime on Sprout Carapace.

2h chosen is dead, at least momentarily since crippling strikes doesnt work with rending blade.
How, with armor pots being used all the time in RvR and SCs, is SC better than ID?
100 AP? Does the resists buff stack with your aura?

Arconnn

Post#8 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:56 pm

Luuca wrote:
Arconnn wrote:SnB (since 2h is current dead)
simply amazing.

armor pots and Oppression do not stack.

If you reach R4M ID is better tha SC

#1 RDPS we face as Destruction is BW and yet you have no points in resists.

CS is nice, but as S&S Chosen, not a solid spec. It was the keystone and purpose of the GW Chosen.
OP: Do not use the above spec.

The usual, solid as a rock, Chosen build at 40/40 looks like this:

http://www.ror.builders/career/chosen/s ... ,4775,4784

Quake and resists aura over 300
Downfall and Mixed defenses with toughness aura

3rd Aura is either Magic Backlash from DF or you can spend a point in Discord for Discordant Turbulence for the -25% healing debuff (for when you run into 3 AMs, 1 WP, and 2 RP) in an SC.

The main issue with "unique" builds is they are one-trick ponies. They are set up for specific duties. The build I linked is a solid, all around guard a DPS and control the battlefield spec for sub RR50 Chosen. Running into the backlines with ZERO additional points in Resists to spam Seeping wounds on every RDPS you can catch will simply get you and your MDPS train, who stopped at the first target while you went on to Cripple Strike everyone else, dead.
You still gain an extra 330 armor and 15% reduced damage.
I'd rather have SC than 2 IC's every time, (I think you're underestimating SC)
Use winds in previous, and SC, you're going to have 1k+ every resists and 6k+ armor
CS is op as **** since it stacks with challenge, 52% damage reduction and you're passing that up for Quake, which can be nice, but as I said, you're passing up 52% reduced damage by all your enemies.
Hastened Dismal is a must for all chosens, end of story.
Critical Suppression is far from necessary.
I'd prefer Jugganaut over Rugged every time, due to reason why dps die is because slow & punt, without the slow punts become a lot less deadly.

Aura's. Resist, Toughness, Str or AP.

The reason why chosen is op is due to Crippling Strikes and SC, without 1 of the those every group would be better off running Black Orc / Black Guard.
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

Ads
NeverForget

Post#9 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:37 pm

I see. Ty

Luuca

Post#10 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:41 pm

Completely disagree.

Oppression:
330 armor and 15% damage reduction for a tank isn't worth it. You should not be the focus until the end and soaking Guard damage shouldn't need 15% Damage reduction IMO.

Sprout Carapace:
100 AP, 825 armor, and 315 resists for 30 seconds

100 ap = 4 attacks? maybe
825 Armor (after buffs) is actually +450 armor +/-
315 Resists means less in a higher RR group because of diminished returns.

With the Winds ring set, my resists are already all orange when I have my aura up. Many of my usual 6-man players are close to soft cap with aura as well.

Yes, I concede that SC has MORE small benefits the ID; however, 10 seconds of 75% damage reduction has turned the tide of many SC cluster and ORvR Funnel. IMO it's the better choice.

Crippling Strikes:
CS was OP when it was AoE. Single Target 52% damage reduction based off of a 2-part combo that is heavily RNG dependent on a class with difficulty obtaining high % to crit numbers as SnB is just too iffy for me. Proccing off of Blas Wave, Backlash and throwing a blanket challenge at a group of 4 Rdps was ok, but having to target the Rdps individually, running the 60-110 feet to the target, through their CC, through their kiting, away from your mdps train, to then finally get to them, mele them until you have a CS proc, and then challenge them, and then run back to your guard target and finish off the called target. hmm. not buying it. Even if your called target is a WP, and you manage to CS proc him and challenge him, he still has options. 52%? for all that RNG and kiting and.. bleh. Not worth it IMO.