Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] So I've been tinkering...

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
OldSparky

[Chosen] So I've been tinkering...

Post#1 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:01 pm

After the CS nerf for 2h Chosen, I've been figuring out a decent 2h build as of late and I decided it should be more Path of Discord oriented since you can't AoE CS anymore and Discord offers some decent damage, debuffs and stagger.

Came up with this RoR.builders - Chosen.

For auras I think both Discord Auras and the Strength Aura from Dread.

What do you think, what would you change and what rotation would you put in there?

Ads
Luuca

Re: [Chosen] So I've been tinkering...

Post#2 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:53 pm

Sorry, but

I step away from my main and the game to get well again physically and.. CS is now single target? Link to the official statement please?

If thats the case, QD is useless in your build.
I'd grab the +AP Parry tactic and the +AP aura from Dread. Damn AP drains will leave you breathless.
The =15% healing tactic is useless unless you are tanking PvE. Use the extra point you get from full set bonus to grab Mixed Defenses tactic and be on your way.

OldSparky

Post#3 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:24 am

Patch notes, where CS has been nerfed

The build was supposed to use Great Weapons so Mixed Defense is pretty much out of the picture, but +AP parry and +AP aura are indeed super useful, oversight on my part. But then again QD is more for Blast Waves wound debuff, which could be just refreshing the debuff on the enemy team (and catching more in the process) while being in the middle of the fight, but even then it may be dropped for Flawless Armor or PFTG.

th3gatekeeper

Post#4 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:31 am

Retired my Chosen when that change hit. RIP 2H Chosen
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Foltestik

Post#5 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:02 am

chosen without longer punt is always **** :)

dantesinfernalhell

Post#6 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:50 am

how is 15% more chance to crit with great weapon + great weapons higher dps rating not worth playing around with as a pvp parry tank guard bot and cc? sure you give up block, but you look so **** sexy doing it.

th3gatekeeper

Post#7 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:41 pm

dantesinfernalhell wrote:how is 15% more chance to crit with great weapon + great weapons higher dps rating not worth playing around with as a pvp parry tank guard bot and cc? sure you give up block, but you look so **** sexy doing it.
Because you give up HTL as well as KD to get it and the higher dps only gives you about 10% more damage... where because you lose block, HTL your A LOT squishier than SNB...

Also 10% more damage of kinda crappy damage really isn't impressive.... CHOSEN worrying about damage is kinda silly IMO... He isn't a dps class... you giving a Sorc in.your party 15% more dosge/disrupt will yield more damage output via htl then you going loldps
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:15 pm

you don't necessarily give up the knockdown. Can always spec up to Rending Blade and then up to the KD in Corruption. HtL is the bigger loss. I have seen Horsewhisperer do alright as 2h chosen since the CS nerf (he was very tanky at least), but he has relatively high RR and good gear, and runs in an organized wb/group. You win at Fashionhammer, but really no reason to go 2h as Chosen right now IMO other than that.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
OldSparky

Post#9 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:29 am

As I've been playing around with the builder and my Chosen in-game two things occured to me:
-SnB Chosen offers massive amounts of survivability and utility, especially with skills and tactics like Oppression, DFV, HTL or MD while also bringing solid KDs, Staggers, Guard and Aura support.
-2h Chosen only looks cool lately, not much in the way of having as much utility as SnB, better off with a Marauder or any other MDPS for that matter.

PS What armor set would you recommend me as a Corruption/Discord SnB? Annihilator, Ruin or mix of both?

Bosshi

Post#10 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:26 pm

3 pc ruin (head/shoulder/gloves) + 2 pc annhi (chest/boots)