Recent Topics

Ads

Dps Zealot Rotation

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Darosh
Banned

Re: Dps Zealot Rotation

Post#11 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:47 am

Daknallbomb wrote:I think dps Zealot is nit that viable thats Wy i try to learn it a Bit. Well Sure you can Make here and there some dmg Spikes But nit that high. The only cool Thing is a permanent heal debuff via crit. And you can Make dmg on the move via proc and 2 dmg cast on the move ( Instant). . AoE heal debuff is cool too. Just want to know from some expirient Player how the Rotation is or some Tips Tricks for St spec
Your best bet in regards to rotation would be to keep up WR on as many targets as possible to have the instant scourge available 24/7, but thats about it.

Sadly the zealot majorly lacks tools to work with, I think the only way to up its dps potential beyond rotation (the little there is to it)/gear/rr is to actively build a group around it.
I could see it work out as part of a kiting group in the lakes, as you can provide sustained damage on the move if you have enough targets to get the WR instant procs rolling, provide HDs all day long, provide cleanses/offheals and even feed your other dps a morale armor/resis debuff.
The latter is probably among the strongest debuffs in the game, considering it can be combined with Mara armordebuff or Sorc spiritdebuff; being the only morale based resis debuff in the game.

Abbd.: Alternatively to a kiting group a bombing group or warbands, just as back on live. Tho, the kiting group would be alot more rewarding. A duo with a sorc would be just as rewarding and fun, I think. And as it comes to scenarios, something bomb/proc based.- if not Sorc/Mara assittrain.
Abbd.: If Mara is the most versatile class with all its shenanigans, Zealot is probably the least versatile... Even RPs allow for more play with the mechanics and more synergy, sadly.
Last edited by Darosh on Tue May 30, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Valfaros

Post#12 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:22 am

Daknallbomb wrote:I think dps Zealot is nit that viable thats Wy i try to learn it a Bit. Well Sure you can Make here and there some dmg Spikes But nit that high. The only cool Thing is a permanent heal debuff via crit. And you can Make dmg on the move via proc and 2 dmg cast on the move ( Instant). . AoE heal debuff is cool too. Just want to know from some expirient Player how the Rotation is or some Tips Tricks for St spec
I manly play st dps zealot if I play. Laranaxas maybe you have seen me once probabbly not.^^
However yes you got the rotation about right for highest burst on this build. St Dps zealot is about keeping WR up on atleast 3 targets and carefully picking an enemy. Sometimes you can get crazy often procs so if you do your rotation don't do it blindly because the procs don't stack (that would be cool^^) so if you see the procs and you have a bit extra time squish those scourges in.

Since they (back on live) changed HoD you have to go for low resi targets or have your M1 up. If you play in a grp you wanna really coordinate your M1 with the other dps to bring targets easily down. DPS zealot clearly lacks burst but has one of the best HD ingame together with the AP ritual your biggest strengh is utility and not raw dps. I like st dps zealot a lot because if you do it right you rarely have to stand still and 1k+ Scourges are not so bad either. A lot of abilitys/tactics need some tweaks but if they start balancing zealot like they did on shaman it should get quite good we just have to wait.

Edit: I often use SoR rather as instand than a chancel because mostly waiting for the 2nd dmg tic is not really worth it esp if all your WR's run out or pocs are up.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#13 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:50 am

Valfaros wrote:
I manly play st dps zealot if I play. Laranaxas maybe you have seen me once probabbly not.^^
However yes you got the rotation about right for highest burst on this build. St Dps zealot is about keeping WR up on atleast 3 targets and carefully picking an enemy. Sometimes you can get crazy often procs so if you do your rotation don't do it blindly because the procs don't stack (that would be cool^^) so if you see the procs and you have a bit extra time squish those scourges in.

Since they (back on live) changed HoD you have to go for low resi targets or have your M1 up. If you play in a grp you wanna really coordinate your M1 with the other dps to bring targets easily down. DPS zealot clearly lacks burst but has one of the best HD ingame together with the AP ritual your biggest strengh is utility and not raw dps. I like st dps zealot a lot because if you do it right you rarely have to stand still and 1k+ Scourges are not so bad either. A lot of abilitys/tactics need some tweaks but if they start balancing zealot like they did on shaman it should get quite good we just have to wait.

Edit: I often use SoR rather as instand than a chancel because mostly waiting for the 2nd dmg tic is not really worth it esp if all your WR's run out or pocs are up.
Is there any addon what shows you visual or with Sound If tactic for Instant scourge procs?

And Whats about items? Atm i have nearly full anhiliator and sc weapons and try to get genesis set

What you think about full domi or conq gear? What about New purple weapon?
Where can i get the off Hand with 3% heal crit :)?
Or Mix Sets up?
What about bestlord?
Hmmmm :) so many questions
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Darosh
Banned

Post#14 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:19 am

Daknallbomb wrote:
Spoiler:
Valfaros wrote:

Is there any addon what shows you visual or with Sound If tactic for Instant scourge procs?

And Whats about items? Atm i have nearly full anhiliator and sc weapons and try to get genesis set

Or Mix Sets up?
What about bestlord?
As provided by the devs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing, however not 100% accurate - there are some minor mistakes in there, either accounting for future changes or just typos.

You probably want to utilize your toggle and max crit via heal/magic crit (I don't actually know whether setboni are converted aswell?). [Abbd.: Considering you lack the gear variety from live, its a moot point - my bad.]
Luckily zealots aren't necessarily dependent on additonal mastery points, so you can happily mix and match sets without drawbacks.

I'd vouch for 5/6 domi, with ruin shoulders and ring/cloak/pocket beastlord with either impervious or genesis.
Talismans based on the format you play in; int within a group, armor >= wounds >>> toughness* if you roam.

You could ducttape together gear that emphasizes avoidance for roaming purposes aswell, by the looks of it - or run BL for additional resistances.
Abbd.: Or just run conq for the avoidance proc/BL for the healing procs to still have some capabilites to offheal if need be, and the additional resistances.

*You won't reach high levels of toughness on a zealot to make the investment worth it, considering debuffs and alike.

Abbd.: As for the scourge procs, you can add them to buffhead. It should display them just like BW's FF proc.
Abbd.: You should have a look at the influence gear aswell, it most likely provide additional crit.
Last edited by Darosh on Tue May 30, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#15 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:28 am

Thought about full conq gear 8% crit ( Bonus are converted) The 3% crit off Hand 2% crit sc dagger. Genesis 3% crit so 16% without crit skilled.
And you got The 10% avoid proc from conq
The wounds and toughness Bonus. And rly willpower about 200 with Bonus . Talis all willpower
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Darosh
Banned

Post#16 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:36 am

Daknallbomb wrote:Thought about full conq gear 8% crit ( Bonus are converted) The 3% crit off Hand 2% crit sc dagger. Genesis 3% crit so 16% without crit skilled.
And you got The 10% avoid proc from conq
The wounds and toughness Bonus. And rly willpower about 200 with Bonus . Talis all willpower

Well if boni are indeed converted then it completly overthrows my math, kind of.

You have multiple options:
Softcap int with a mix and match of sets, open yourself up for better rr/talisman picks.
Max out crit - hereby I'd still steer off fullset setboni, depending on the influence gear available you'll be able to get that crit back without locking yourself into a set, or, if influence gear isn't an option, still get better returns with additional mix and matching with the spare slot.
Max out avoidance - conq + tome sets mix and match/a mix and match of multiple sets.
Head for a balanced set that accounts for healing and dps at once or allow you to pick better rr/talismans, you'd prolly lose some crit in the process.

It'll invetiably come down to the format you spent the most time in, theres no swiss-knife setup - especially considering your neat mechanic.

Abbd.: As it comes to crit I generally try to go in 5er/10er steps (depending on the class in question), rather than mindlessly pushing it; i.e. 10-15-20-..., everything in between isn't worth it unless it can be pushed through to the next treshold by the means of buffs/debuffs or comes for free.
Abbd.: Considering the average chance to be crit on everyone that doesn't min/max (and is not a tank) sits at ~15%ish, you should be good with 15% crit. You'll likely sit at 30% chance to crit, increasing by alot if initiative debuffs are flung around. Thats what I mean with steps; pushing it through to 33%, at all costs, for example nets you barely any additional return - especially if you sacrifice stats like wounds or your mainstat for it. If you can push it to 40% its another story entirely, and if you can push it to 50% and above you should certainly go for it - but that can be accounted for with initiative debuffs.
Abbd.: I value wounds, initiative and mainstat alot more than crit under certain circumstances. Especially mainstat, considering the debuffs floating around and the strikethrough it grants you. Worst case scenario is having natural avoidance kick in because you drop far below softcap postdebuffs - which will majorly cripple your damage. (That is probably a bigger problem for mdps, considering no one even attempts to stack wp, however, 400-600wp should be a given even without dedication.)

Valfaros

Post#17 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:

Or Mix Sets up?
What about bestlord?
I don't know if there is a addon to show that I'm okay with the icon buffhead gives me.

You can take a look at my equipment in the armory I don't think there is a lot more to get. Crit is imporant but as long as the rr crit is available you shoulnd't max it out on your equipment, you lose to much stats. I'm at 24% crit (or so) with rr which is more than enough.
Mixing sets is nice and was even thinking about those overlord/imperator pieces. Since you are support dd, a 4% dmg buff for you and your friend should be quite nice and you wouldn't loose a lot of stats but the grind in t3 wasn't really worth it to me.

When you have rr70 you definitly want to go for a set with +1 on masterys since then you could actually take either stagger or MoM although MoM isn't really the effect that it should be for a 13 points skill.

Dominator seems fine although the toughness reduction is useless. If you run in a grp there will be a chosen.
Conqueror I wouldn't go for it and the new SC weapons are odd. Although you don't really need +AP because if you use your ritual you should never run out but it's still nice to have. The new weapons have either -% crit which is .... or +HP/s which is even more .... the old sc's weapons where perfect but have less crit so.
If you have genesis bestlord get's useless except pocket item lol.

+Btw try to use your two utility skills (DF and SB) they seem weak but often it's just that little dmg that was missing to kill someone.

Foltestik

Post#18 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:27 am

addon AURA

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#19 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:55 am

Ty. For the help here. Yesterday it works fine and i get better items. Compare to my dps shammy i leak burst But i get better pressure with dpsz. And the perma heal debuff is very nice. The kite ability isnt good But with life tap and so on youre survivability isnt that Bad. Now i have to train. :)
And i like pug scing and solo roam with Zealot very funny. If my items are better i start First grp play Tests.
I go for full anihi and sc weapon and off Hand ( alrdy have it) and the domi Belt. Than i try get some beast lord items