Recent Topics

Ads

Dps Zealot suggestions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nidwin

Re: Dps Zealot suggestions

Post#81 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:04 am

kweedko wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:40 am
obamia wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:08 am One skill Harbinger of Doom, this needs to be in 5 secs cd. Then the class will be fun to play again!
Actually this change nothing. 20 sec 5 sec this in not very usable while you tacts morals and build stays the same, you just become a crappy healer or a crappy DD just to survive a bit longer. :mrgreen:
No for the crappy healer as you're still pulling 850/900 willpower easily when properly stuffed on switch. As a dps Zealot you just focus on healing critt on eq and Magic critt on Renown so on switch you still have some decent critt chances for heals. Zealot has also all his/her heals outside Mastery trees including shield and wounds buff and 5s cd cleanse. For morales you just slot the healstuff ones as there's nothing usefull on the dps side anyway. (not going to argue with Rampaging Syphon lovers, please do not)

There's still the discussion why healing Zealots aren't taking Wind of Insanity while being told pros go for the Stagger gnagnagna. :mrgreen:
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
kweedko

Post#82 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:34 am

Nidwin wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:04 am
There's still the discussion why healing Zealots aren't taking Wind of Insanity while being told pros go for the Stagger gnagnagna. :mrgreen:
Just simple, cause it's not working like in old WAR.

Rynocerous

Post#83 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Nothing here seems op or outrageous.
DESTRO Aindorex - Impeccible
A couple of lowbie Order toons

wwright72

Post#84 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:11 am

kweedko wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:34 am Yeah yeah necroposting but, **** just got real have a look viewtopic.php?f=95&t=28103
OK, where to start...So first, I enjoyed reading your proposal, its got personality. :) that being said if they implemented some of the things youve suggested ZDPS would be the next White-Lion(please stop 1-shotting me q_q).

But some of your points I completely agree with...like;
simple one just audit and tweak the base damage of Zeal abils to the level of other classes same abils.
This would be a nice change because of how much you have to min-max to get similar damage numbers to other classes

2. The Marks - from the start of WAR abils recvived from marks, never been useful due the insane CD for this abils for such crappy abils - my suggestion is lower the CD but only for abils granted by Zealot himself(i bet its gonna be huge whine if lower the CD for every one) - i say let make it 10 sec CD and see what happens.
Lowering the marks CD to 15-20 sec would make a huge impact at being able to kill people more than once every min because of how important a part of the ST burst it is as ZDPS

3.3 Discipline - make it willpower buff to be convertible to int with the Harbringer - to add some variety in tact choice.
This would be a interesting change, it would change how you build your char allowing for maybe more defensive or strikethrough options. As it stands you have no wiggle room for int cap I'm bearly int capped with all +24 gems, stacking int/wp 2-piece set bonuses, and genesis int bonus.

3. The Tactics - WAR have a lot of useless or semi useless tactic and Zeal not the exception, so let's tweak some of them.
This is just a solid point in general that i'm sure applies to many classes.

4.2 Mirror of Madness
- make it crit and benefit from int - to become a real treat for healers - the concept of sepcing in 2 branch so high - gonna be direct Healer Hunter.
- Or make it proc on healer for each target they healed so if the mindlessly using mass heal they suffer - hard damage for their mistake.
Old Pre-Rework Mirror of Madness was the most fun ive ever had on WAR blowing up healers that were asleep at they're keyboard only casting AoE heal. It would be nice if they changed it back to the amazing ability it used to be.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

kweedko

Post#85 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:02 pm

wwright72 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:11 am Some nice stuff...
Thank you Lortie, i hope some day we got what we deserve. :mrgreen: Adn finaly make a 24 ppl DPSZEALOTs only warband, and show those bearded whiners who must rule the world. :mrgreen:

kweedko

Post#86 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:34 am

So tell me my fellow high geared(whith in cap and so one) friends, the biggest crit you got from WoI and from CA, and from SoR?

wwright72

Post#87 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:00 pm

The biggest crit I've ever seen from SoR was 1500, WoI was 700, and CA was 1100. This is only after M1 debuff+spittle tactic.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

kweedko

Post#88 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:27 pm

How long my suggestions will stuck in proposals, till something happens? I see some of them from Feb 2018 lol.

Ads
Laurentz

Post#89 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:46 am

A few of these proposals I have been thinking about for a while. The dps Zealot is not horrible it is just underpowered with a lot of dps tactics that don't do much for taking up a precious tactic slot. A few minor changes would potentially fix that.

Discipline giving intel under Harbinger stance would be awesome.

Increasing base damage of Scourge OR reducing the cast time to 1 second would be awesome, I find myself rarely using this spell as is. I don't like Scourged Warping tactic because I have no easily identifiable visuals to let me know it has proced and I hate that for timing purposes. If it made me flash red or made a distinct sound or anything to let me know an insta cast is ready that would be a huge improvement.

Boosting Waves of Chaos radius OR damage on mastery level would be great.

Wind of Insanity, for a 13 point skill simply doesn't do enough, it either needs to be immune to knockback immunities or also boost your armor or parry chance or something.

Move the Ritual of Innervation to the tree that needs it most desperately aka Path of Dark Rites.

Foomy44

Post#90 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:08 am

Laurentz wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:46 am I don't like Scourged Warping tactic because I have no easily identifiable visuals to let me know it has proced and I hate that for timing purposes.
Buffhead says hi. Anyone not playing with that addon is putting themselves at a disadvantage IMO, just pretend it's part of the client if addons make you feel dirty or something, it really should be.
Laurentz wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:46 am Wind of Insanity, for a 13 point skill simply doesn't do enough, it either needs to be immune to knockback immunities or also boost your armor or parry chance or something.
I don't agree with that, that ability is one of the main reasons I love my dps zealot. I personally think it being immune to immunities is ridiculous, I have shut down WBs with it as is in a good location and it's the main reason I can win 1v1s when I get jumped by a melee. It's channeled so hits multiple times over a decent duration, I don't see any reason 1 ability should be 100% guaranteed to always totally lock down an area for that long a period of time, especially since it also does damage, lifesteals with transference which helps with the survivability if you go that build, and I'm pretty sure it can't be interrupted. Can you imagine how stupid keep fights would be with a stream of guarded zealots hoping in and out the door using this and making sure order can't ever get an attack off with their ram? For comparison SH channeled knockback is a 15 pt ability that respects immunities, doesn't do damage, can be interrupted, and doesn't let you cast other abilities during the channel. WOI doesn't seem that weak in comparison for a 13 pt IMO.

DPS zealots can use a lil love but I really don't think WOI is where the buffing needs to go personally, and making it immune to immunity would just end up getting reverted once people start using it.

Edit: MMMM excellent, let's see how these work out 8-)

Zealot
- Harbinger of Doom now shows as a buff.
- Ritual of Innervation now directly mirrors Master Rune of Fury.
- Scourge's base damage now matches Brain Bursta's.
- Warp Reality's base damage now matches Life Leaka's.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman