Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] Healing questions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aebel

[Zealot] Healing questions

Post#1 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:05 pm

Hi there, I'm new and started playing a Zealot. I'm after any tips for healing as the class as well as any general build guides people might be willing to share.

Ads
lilsabin

Re: [Zealot] Healing questions

Post#2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:50 am

stack willpower as hell , when u get RR(renown ranks) , start with heal.crit. then willpower again... for the talent , read them and chose what suits your playstyle best :)

wwright72

Post#3 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:17 am

The only thing you need from mastery is Tzeentch's Grip 11th point tactic from PoDR all your other points are open to your playstyle. I can link you a build if you'd like. I would also recommend stacking armor talis unless you always have a guard available or you like living on the edge. :P
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:19 am

My standard RvR build.

RoR.builders - Zealot

AP ritual is very important for both group and you. Keep it up at all time.
Winds of Insanity + AP ritual will give time if you get flanked and can't really move.
Middle tree boost is for the extra initiative.
Keep Tzeentsch's Cordial up on group members att all time when you don't need to burst healing.
Use groupheal to burst heal when able, if you need to move and burst heal use Flash of Chaos.

RVR build advanced. Same as above but you use Deamon Spattle of CD to armordebuff enemies. This require you to get really close to the action and you need more wounds in your spec.

RoR.builders - Zealot

Roaming/SC build.
Flash of Chaos is your friend.
Stagger enemie healers if you can.

RoR.builders - Zealot

sonorous

Post#5 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:08 pm

Not fully familiar with zealot but play runepriest. As a general healing guide for the two classes i would say the following

1) Prehot ur grp before you enter a fight. Keep the hots up during lulls in the fight.
2) once you know where the engagement will happen drop ur ap ritual
3) stagger enemy healers out of range of aoe attacks. Dont do this at the start. Wait a bit until you see the enemy taking damage to help ur tem mates secure the kill. I tend to target a healer at rhe start so i can just pop my stagger at the opportune moment

With all ur preparatory work out the way. You need to react differently to various situations. The best way to know what situation u are in so u have extra time to react is through two addons
A) enemy
B) buffhead
These addons can both be configured to show nasty rotations on ur team mates. I just use enemy. I have my abilities on the right so i know when my hots need renewing and rotation indictors such as boiling blood / wordof pain on the left.

For st bursts i.e nasty rotions or if my ally is loosing health fast there are several approaches.
4) premtively put wounds or shield if i see a sorc rotation
5) cleanse. But i dont slot the no cooldown ceanse tactic so i rely on the dok/wp to have that covered. Also its not always economical. Good players hide nasty dots/debuffs behind fluff dots
6) premptively start st healing. So ur allys health will spike down and then spike back up. Experience will help ur timing so that ur spell casts right after the burst
7) divine intervention

Stabilisation is key. So when ur out of time pop 7 then choose between using 4 or just st heals.
Its a given that all the while you should be maintaining ur hots on ur dps/mdps. Wounds and 7 are both god for oh **** moments.

9) Focused mind is ur best friend in two situations. It takes 2.5 seconds to come online bc of gcd and cast time. Bearing that in mind . If ur group is taking serious aoe dmg or multiple members are being focused pop fm m2 and use ur aoe spell. The second instance is when u are taking heat. It gives u cc immunity so u can run away or if you have guard allows u to stay in the same place and heal through the dmg using either aoe or ur long cast st spell.

10) get cleansing wind....lifesaver

Getting out of trouble is usually a combination of 10 or 7, 9 and 4

11) if ur pugging dnt take **** from anyone. If they give you flack dnt rez them or heal them. I know its petty. But. Im a dwarf looking to have fun not a house elf thats gonna wipe the ass of ppl that overextend and have attitude. All in all the community is great so this rarely happens.

12) positioning. In still struggling with this and im rr65. But its the most important thing u can concentrate on. Know the range of ur abilities and keep an eye out for the flow of the battle.

13) use ur instant heal in combinatio with ur hots for all other instances

This is not comprehensive and every situation is different but i think its a good start cheers
Kolland & Irolland

Aebel

Post#6 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Thanks so much for the info guys, its a lot of good info for me to start on =D

Rumpel

Post#7 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:38 pm

lilsabin wrote:stack willpower as hell , when u get RR(renown ranks) , start with heal.crit. then willpower again... for the talent , read them and chose what suits your playstyle best :)
I Think willpower isnt that important. You better go on Def instead. I preffer anticrit and wounds but like also mentioned armor is a good choice. You cant max Everything sadly...

I prefer this build http://www.ror.builders/career/zealot/s ... ,5744,5726
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Crust

Post#8 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:28 am

I presume Elixir of dark blessing isnt used alot nor is Dark medicine ?
Or does Elixir become worthwhile when healcrit and my willpower goes up ?
I use elixir in sc's alot atm, im level 13 or so with barely any willpower but dark medicine i never use, on my shammy neither, too much AP for too little healing. And dito on leaping alteration or am i missing something ?

Very usefull stuff roadkillrobin !

Ads
sileq

Post#9 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:54 am

Crust wrote:I presume Elixir of dark blessing isnt used alot nor is Dark medicine ?
Or does Elixir become worthwhile when healcrit and my willpower goes up ?
I use elixir in sc's alot atm, im level 13 or so with barely any willpower but dark medicine i never use, on my shammy neither, too much AP for too little healing. And dito on leaping alteration or am i missing something ?

Very usefull stuff roadkillrobin !
Haven't really encountered a situation where Dark Medicine was useful when I could use a flash heal + hot. I even once specced high into Witchcraft for the luls and I still found Dark Medicine underwhelming.

Only use Elixir if you're going to pre-cast it against a burst that's coming, or if you already have your Blessing of Chaos already up on the target. The more you play Zealot the better you get at knowing when to cast Elixir and when to keep flash healing. There's a thin line for casting Elixir, you want your target to be already hurt thus necessitating the big heal but not too hurt that they will die before you cast it.

Treat leaping alteration as an aoe Tzeentch's cordial. Apply it whenever it's off cooldown on something that needs the extra healing but generally you want to prioritise it for your front lines who are normally close together thus maximising the effects of the 'bounce'.

Foltestik

Post#10 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:08 am

i use this build for healing:
RoR.builders - Zealot

and i have 2 sets of tactics RVR and scenario:
RVR: http://www.ror.builders/career/zealot/s ... ,5707,5716 for better mobility and fast casting (we play mostly 6 mans ranged premade)

scenarios: http://www.ror.builders/career/zealot/s ... ,5744,5704 becouse you dont need to kite to much

for talismans: armor + wounds (to have same numbers to dont get killed in KD by WHs and WL or in one BW burst)
renown points: heal crit and anti crit