Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Dissolving Mist?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jaycub

[Magus] Dissolving Mist?

Post#1 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:48 am

I remember playing my old magus before the buffs to magus/engineer and critting people in t3 cap for 800ish in best case scenarios, and remember the /t3 and/1 spam on order to "stop standing in purple mist noobs". It just felt really strong.

Now that I've re-leveled some months later and got into t4 it just seems really underwhelming and hits for about 150-300 and maybe 400 crits at best with over 900 Int.

With the new tree setup to make a decision between bolt and mist I don't see myself grabbing mist under virtually any circumstances outside of PvE.

Was it nerfed in any patch? Or does anyone else feel like it's weak atm?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
wdesu

Re: [Magus] Dissolving Mist?

Post#2 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:43 am

It was scaling significantly more then intended, here's the patch where it was fixed (mist is one of the tickets)
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=21353

roadkillrobin

Post#3 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:40 am

Yeah it had the wrong scaler when it was compared to Napalm side by side. But i suspect it was actually Napalm that had the wrong, to low scaler. Both skills aswell as tons of AoE are totally garbage garbage atm. Any non Targeted AoE skills with a 360 AoE effect have area range issues. Areas of those skills are not aplied properly. Skills like Annihilate, Pit of shade, Mistress of the March etz says it's a 30-45 feet area but in reallity they only reach 10-25 feet from it's center.

Only Cone AoE and Targeted AoE are currently worth using. So Mist is completly trash atm.

Jaycub

Post#4 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:47 pm

Thanks for the replies

So I guess it was fixed and not nerfed, thinking about it more too bolt has better synergy with our M2 that only effects cast time. Engineer however getting the dmg boost that works on everything, but that morale doesn't have any defensive properties.

Firestorm seems stronger than I remember and easily out damages 3rd tier mist damage, and can be used as an Insta cast dmg spell if you want.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

roadkillrobin

Post#5 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:12 pm

Jaycub wrote:Thanks for the replies

So I guess it was fixed and not nerfed, thinking about it more too bolt has better synergy with our M2 that only effects cast time. Engineer however getting the dmg boost that works on everything, but that morale doesn't have any defensive properties.

Firestorm seems stronger than I remember and easily out damages 3rd tier mist damage, and can be used as an Insta cast dmg spell if you want.
Firestorm suffers from same AoE radius problems as other spells. That 20 feet radius is more like 5-10 and almoast impossible to hit anyone with.

catholicism198

Post#6 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Jaycub wrote:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the replies

The winds of change are blowing.