Recent Topics

Ads

2h Chosen or 2h BG?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Panzerkasper

Re: 2h Chosen or 2h BG?

Post#21 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:15 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:BG is THE 2h tank on Destro. The Elven tanks always should have been, and now they are :)
Oh, thats why the Chosen has no option for a block buff like every other tank, but a natural parry buff. Oh, and a moral 2 to save him from burst. Oh, and a pretty awesome 1st mastery tree (before RoR destroyed it) all layed out for 2h playstyle.

Hmmm :roll:
If chosen had a block buff then DFV would be even more retarded, additionally between mixed defenses and DFV chosen gets more out of block than every other tank in the game
For all their incompetence atleast the mythic got that right by not making it easy for chosen to proc block and instead gave mitigation tools via parry
I dont know a single chosen that used it on live, it was completly irrelevant back then. It would have made no difference if the chosen had a block buff or not.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#22 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:31 am

Imo 2 hander tanks needs to be streamlined alot more into less utillity based and more self dmg based. Its really strange to see some of the tanks main group utillity mode is with a 2 hander. IB, SM and Kotbs are currently best utillity based with 2 handers atm. Imo that is a design flaw. 2 hander tanks, imo atleast, should be support dps for a defensive specced melee-range dps class. It shouldn't be both dps based and utillity based and a tank at the same time, supporting a glasscannon. Its one of the reasons TTK currently is way to short.

Eigar
Banned

Post#23 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:42 am

TTK is fine in smallscale (semi competent gameplay and up).

Replacing dmg morals for defensive/utility morales will fix TTK in largescale.

On a side note all tanks are viable with both SnB and 2H in one situation or another; which is a good thing!

Not every spec has to be viable in every situation, mind you :)

roadkillrobin

Post#24 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:37 am

TTK is defintly not fine in small scale. The TTK difference between casual players and experienced premades are insane. That has largly to do with the overall TTK being way to short and is one of the main reasons people always left the game once they tried T4.

Im not saying that every spec should be viable in every situation. Im saying the exact oposite. Some tanks dps specs are also their best utillity specs. Its a design flaw and its also ramping up shorter TTK's.

I think 2h based skills need to be more selfish aswell as doing more damage aswell as making more skills sheild required and deal less dmg.

Eigar
Banned

Post#25 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 am

TTK is fine in smallscale once opposition is comparable, which is balanced (and also a scenario where one should balance around). Short TTK when taking the effort to make decent group compositions and showing skill and awareness, while your enemy does not, is a just reward.

I am talking from experience in smallscale: 2 weeks ago we did some 6v6 against starilas and the ttk was definately long enough to make it possible to set up kills, punting tanks, peeling and staggering healers before the kills were made; however both sides had time enough to react to these actions. This is what i see in any fight i have been in where the opposition is comparable in numbers and skill (this also includes regular sc's so 12v12 and 18v18).

You cant apply balance when you take examples of two groups facing eachother where one knows their **** (premade) and the other is a group of that take no effort to become decent (pug).

pug vs pug and prem vs prem ttk in smallscale is fine. Converting dmg morals into utility/defensive morals might even up TTK abit.

I find the overall statement of dps specs for tanks being meta in both sc's and rvr a more interesting point that definately needs more reviewing, but by a career by career case compared to impact on realm balance.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#26 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:27 pm

TTK is pretty bad in small scale . if Setups and skill is on same Level in a small scale fight fight MAYB 1-2 dead ppl in 15 minits Play ;D dont like it
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Penril

Post#27 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:36 pm

2H BG for sure. There is absolutely no reason to go 2H on a Chosen atm.

freshour
Banned

Post#28 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Penril wrote:2H BG for sure. There is absolutely no reason to go 2H on a Chosen atm.
Other than 2h Chosen looks freaking amazing. I completely agree with you. I duo'd on my DoK for months and months with a 2h chosen. It was some of the most fun I've had. After the nerf/basic removal of CS - it was pretty noticeable actually as we tried it out despite what everyone was saying -hint- they were right lol. He swapped to his BG, and our duo was back in action!!!! So speaking just from a duo perspective the 2h BG used to be relatively to the 2h chosen. But now.... with CS being removed from the game more or less (compared to what it was before) - there is not a single reason to run a 2h Chosen vs a 2h BG unless your group just doesn't have any resist buff whatsoever then obviously a 2h chosen would contribute more to the group. But if you have a shaman or just anything to buff resists, corp specifically, then yah... 2h chosen is just pissin in the wind these days.

2H BG is definitely more tanky than his 2h chosen was and his 2h chosen had much much better gear. All in all I'd say go with the BG. You'll have a lot more fun based on my/my friends experience. But, I totally understand if you want to look like an absolute animal, yet play a significantly weaker/no niche at all class in the 2h Chosen. So it really just comes down to if you want to play a better class than the other (in regards to 2h) - or if you just wanna look cool and have fun.

Ads
Grock

Post#29 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:04 pm

talking about TTK - i feel like this game suffers from lack of "defensive cooldowns", as they say in WoW, which puts a lot of emphasis on having healers and guarding tanks to keep everyone alive

but their protection constant and not limited by duration/cooldowns, which leads to very big contrast in TTK times, when you dont have guard/healer or have a bad one you can die in few seconds even against single opponent, but when you have proper guarding/healing you can withstand assault by multiple enemies for a very very long time until your healer get staggered and tank get punted out of guard range

this sways the balance even more in favor of hardcore/coordinated groups (on top of many other ways they can gain advantage over casuals/PUGs)

i think in the end it just makes the game less fun

of course some classes have those and there are morales/detaunts, but morales aren't always readily avaiable and detaunts don't work if you attack the target, plus the game is already "balanced" around constant healing...
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Eigar
Banned

Post#30 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:46 pm

I would prefer a game without defensive cooldowns which puts more focus on supporting archetypes over a game with defensive cooldowns and no supporting archetypes.

Anyway: smallscale a 2h chosen is better than 2H BG
largescale both suck, best to go BO