Recent Topics

Ads

2h Chosen or 2h BG?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Grock

Re: 2h Chosen or 2h BG?

Post#31 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Eigar wrote:I would prefer a game without defensive cooldowns which puts more focus on supporting archetypes over a game with defensive cooldowns and no supporting archetypes.
But why not both? Defensive cooldowns with good supports, if every class has some form of self-defence and self-healing that also takes off some weight from healers/supports, giving them time to do other things besides healing spam :P
but whatever, this is off-topic anyway
Eigar wrote:Anyway: smallscale a 2h chosen is better than 2H BG
largescale both suck, best to go BO
Why? BG has strong AoE debuffs, what does BO have?
I was thinking about making 2h tank alt and was looking at ib/bork :o
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#32 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:03 am

Grock wrote:
Eigar wrote:I would prefer a game without defensive cooldowns which puts more focus on supporting archetypes over a game with defensive cooldowns and no supporting archetypes.
But why not both? Defensive cooldowns with good supports, if every class has some form of self-defence and self-healing that also takes off some weight from healers/supports, giving them time to do other things besides healing spam :P
but whatever, this is off-topic anyway
Eigar wrote:Anyway: smallscale a 2h chosen is better than 2H BG
largescale both suck, best to go BO
Why? BG has strong AoE debuffs, what does BO have?
I was thinking about making 2h tank alt and was looking at ib/bork :o
I have Both IB and BO 2h tanks, and i can say with confidence that BO is only for the lulzdps or Big Swing spam bot. Lulzdps build works pretty well in random scs because you aren't targeted that much since you're still a tank. If your team has some guarded Mdps and a few heals you're pretty much going to be ignored all the match and be able to put out some big dmg every time your KD is off-cd, but that's all there is to it pretty much. You might aswell go Mdps at that point, unless you want some style points...cuz 2h Bo are da best.

Meanwhile 2h IB actually serves a purpose, has an insane amount of utility, defense and a good damage with the right build. You're way more tankier than a BO with triple the amount of utility you bring to your team (all the IB buffs compared to BO war bellows)
and still do some nice damage. 2h Ib from what i've seen is better in almost every case compared to 2h BO, vastly superior in almost everything
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Zaorish

Post#33 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:01 pm

I'm new to the game, but as I understand nothing have changed in this question. 2h chosen still not worthy as now he applies exactly the same debuff as BG, and BG just do it better.

Right?

Tesq

Post#34 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:09 pm

Chosen need crit and is more build restricted for just cripple atrike, aka you take the whole package including

Rending blade
Crit tacti
Cripple strike

Or it not gona work, bg is more flexible and.more durable while 2h ...since Ch CS was chaged full left mastery chosen is a lot easier to kill now compared to BG which have tools which work fine even in 2h and are easier to access

orillah
Suspended

Post#35 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:45 am

2h bg is still the best tank in game, but now 2h chosen+2h bg is funny combo.

Skitup

Post#36 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:58 pm

It's been a few months since this has been replied too, are 2h Chosen viable again? I've leveled mine to 16 and was just wondering.
Skitup - Marauder 73
Skeej - Black Orc 71
Skeec - Shaman 54
Atf - Sorceress 50

roadkillrobin

Post#37 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:44 pm

Skitup wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:58 pm It's been a few months since this has been replied too, are 2h Chosen viable again? I've leveled mine to 16 and was just wondering.
Not really.
Serves no purpose other then PVE tbh.

Panzerkasper

Post#38 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:42 pm

2h Chosen died with the CS nerf and its following removal.
Chosen basically became an aura trash mob.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Thifall

Post#39 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:52 pm

I played a lot of 2h chosen, and one thing I've realized about 2h chosen is that, you don'r build 2h chosen for dps. BG does it better, but BG doesn't aoe debuff which is one of the most powerfull chosen utility (especially here on ror, where auras are buffs). But then again in big zerg fights, shield may help you survive longer, and provide solid morale build, which makes 2h chosen not valuable as a front line tank(sieges/straight forward engages). But if you got 3-4 fight group, that rely on kitting/flanking and breaking enemy formation, then 2h chosen is a solid option. His debufs will apply to most of enemeis that won't stop chasing, which makes it easy to turn back and focus with mdps/rdps. Also new CS, which increase target chance to be critically hit is good for those scenarios. Also as i said, if you don't spec for lol dps, but for that utility, that will make you able to survive this kind of engages with less enemy number.

TL;DR;

2h bg > 2h chosen in most cases

peterthepan3

Post#40 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:10 pm

both are viable. People will tell you 2h chosen is the worst class in the game; it isn't. For smallscale, I would always go 2h on either class.

go 2h bg if you like good rotations, high damage and a bitchpunt. go 2h chosen if you like to be the foundation for your group, and nigh unkillable.