Recent Topics

Ads

2h Chosen or 2h BG?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
deathkylem
Suspended

Re: 2h Chosen or 2h BG?

Post#51 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:29 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:36 am
Tesq wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:18 am
Torquemadra wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:13 pm

So? Orders crit was reduced, you gained.

Again, it was an offensive tree tactic grabbed by S&B and was grossly out of place.

i think he's refering to the point that CS was the only way a 2h chosen could survive other than bring a suppor tool, It's probably impossible play it in Orvr in that way right know, yes there were some abuse with the stack of CS but the change basically mean Orvr is out of question for a 2h chosen, push into zerg with a 25% parry and no other with good updatedtime def stuff is not going to take you anywhere, bg can do a better job than chosen right know it is more reliable in 2h than ch, simply because it have is own tool plus chosen/bo dmg reduction stuff to survive in 2h mode (either res aura or save me hide). Basically 2h chosen is relegated to sc in a way of take or leave not necessary wrong but there was still more freedom of build/playstyle before.

p.s. i think problem with cs were due how dmg reduction stuff stack on ror , in live they where not perfect additive ,hence it never was a prob, tought it didnt neither stack with challenge...
How does a 2h knight function? strike through was nerfed, efficient swings is a joke, they also have less damage forward capacity of the Chosen DPS tree especially post changes where the chosens get to debuff with CS and relentless doing spiritual damage. Im not sure why you think you should be a deftard with a 2h but ignoring that and you have a massive amount of defense with suppression AND all the auras. This attempt to make out that chosen, be it with 2h or otherwise is junk is bad comedy.
Sorry now you are right, KOTBS 2H is worse than Chosen =). Now im waiting for elemental damage with Myrmida like chosen has...

Ads
tyrell

Post#52 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Torquemadra wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:58 pm
Panzerkasper wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:42 pm 2h Chosen died with the CS nerf and its following removal.
Chosen basically became an aura trash mob.
CS was repurposed to the point of the tree that it is in, that being "A mastery path focused on offense" and not a low hanging fruit that S&B chosens could run, lol and apply on people.

For reference Crippling Strikes places a 10% increased chance to be critically hit on the enemy player which stacks with other crit increasers, is apt for its tree and is more than powerful enough.
Given a target with 0% chance to be crited (easily achieved from gear + rr) what would be the effect of the re-purposed CS on the enemy target? Is it an additive -10% term or is it multiplicative as insinuated by others 10% of 0% hence 0%?
Been away from game far too long, played in live, not so much in ror, getting back and trying to follow up on changes.
Thanks in advance.

Skavok

Post#53 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:10 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:17 pm Does CS work properly now then?

Last time i checked it increased chance to be crit by 10% and not with 10%.

For example if your chance to be crit was 5% then it increased it to 5,5% And if it was 50% it increased it to 55%. If it was 0 the tactic was just not doing anything.

Even at 10% flat it requires critstacking which means you kinda need to run two tactics for it, the usefullness is debateble but imo not worth it.
CS in its current form is not worth wasting a skill point and a tactic slot. Works ok in PvE but against actual players its garbage tier tactic. Lots of better options to go with.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#54 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:17 pm

Is Relentless worth it now that it does spirit damage with tactic? Or still worthless?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Skavok

Post#55 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:19 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:17 pm Is Relentless worth it now that it does spirit damage with tactic? Or still worthless?
Against low resist targets its pretty phenomenal