[Marauder] Full Brutality build?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ToXoS

[Marauder] Full Brutality build?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:45 am

Hi!

With my marauder I tried the cookie cutter Sav/Brut (apply debuff with Sav and then switch to Brut to maximize DPS) for quite a time:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=mar ... :;0:0:0:0:

It works well, even if it can be tricky to stance dance in the melee, where there is so much things going on.
And being a WB pug player (when I play in group) I'm not sure I should use a try-hard built if I can be more or less as much effective with a simpler gameplay. I mean, 50% of the time the enemy die before I could use the full Brutality rotation after the debuffs from Savagery (destro love its melee train :D).

So I wanna try a build with no stance dancing. More simple to maneuver in the middle of the melee, these builds are (imo) more for WB play.

I tried only Sav for ST:
It works fine as a debuff machine, but on longer fights I can feel the lack of dps output.

I tried only Monstro for AoE:
Excellent for AoE, but I'm afraid that's not my thing.

And now I want to try only Brut:
I know I could take cutting claw at 40/60 without the Brut M4, but remember that what I'm looking at is a built which doesn't have the need to switch between mutations.

What do you think of the only Brut build? I know this is not a common thing AT ALL, but I want to give it a try.
Anything I should change on the build? tactics? abilities?

Ads
Jaycub

Re: [Marauder] Full Brutality build?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:03 am

>It works fine as a debuff machine, but on longer fights I can feel the lack of dps output.

Sav only spec does about the same dmg, as long as you are getting 50% crit from brut and dmg buff.

Monstro Mara isn't about aoe dmg it's about aoe application of disorient (destro's mirror of engineer one), AP drain, morale drain, and aoe kd and ini debuff. And being survivable enough to be on front lines. Idk if you have ever played a caster but the 50% disorient esp from engineer just ruin your day.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

ToXoS

Post#3 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:21 am

Jaycub wrote:>It works fine as a debuff machine, but on longer fights I can feel the lack of dps output.

Sav only spec does about the same dmg, as long as you are getting 50% crit from brut and dmg buff.

Monstro Mara isn't about aoe dmg it's about aoe application of disorient (destro's mirror of engineer one), AP drain, morale drain, and aoe kd and ini debuff. And being survivable enough to be on front lines. Idk if you have ever played a caster but the 50% disorient esp from engineer just ruin your day.
With the Sav only spec, after you've applied the debuffs, you just have to spam Rend/Corruption/Flail until the debuffs are up again. Apparently it varies amongst people, some like myself will prefer to spam Rend, because it needs a mutation so with Piercing Bite it ignores 50% of the armor, unlike Corruption or Flail.
Edit: it's best to use rend 3 times for the dot stacking and then use flail. If you keep spamming rend, the dot won't ticks.

With Sav/Brut, you have good filler and a nice finisher. Pulverize, Convulsing slashing (or Impale) and Guillotine. These 3 abilities will hit harder than any Rend/Corruption/Flail spam.

I know about Monstro, but I prefer ST overall. I have a 40/41 Sorc, I know the feeling of a disorient ;)
Last edited by ToXoS on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arteker616

Post#4 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:31 am

with the T blow nerf that doesnt make for it .

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:19 am

Arteker616 wrote:with the T blow nerf that doesnt make for it .
Still has huge tool tip dps

Still is the one of the largest and easiest to apply wounds debuff in the game giving you front load burst as well

If nothing else the ability or more specifically the wounds debuff component needs to be nerfed further

If you are looking for a filler you can easily swap over to impale which has great damage with ws, inherent armor ignore and broken pb Tactic

roadkillrobin

Post#6 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:12 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
Arteker616 wrote:with the T blow nerf that doesnt make for it .
Still has huge tool tip dps

Still is the one of the largest and easiest to apply wounds debuff in the game giving you front load burst as well

If nothing else the ability or more specifically the wounds debuff component needs to be nerfed further

If you are looking for a filler you can easily swap over to impale which has great damage with ws, inherent armor ignore and broken pb Tactic
Wounds debuff (all of em) are overperforming due to a deficiency of wounds in general. I had 20% more hp on every character pre 1.4 patch and around 40% more hp in rr100 gear while the debuffs are basicly the same. (168 at rr100 if i remember correcty)

I think a overall wounda buff of around 20% would be better for the game as it would solve other problems aswell. (I actually think Wounds pools should be increased by around 50% in all but 6v6 scenarios)

Bobbiom

Post#7 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:14 am

If you absolutly want to run in a Brut only build then I recommend this one.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=mar ... :;;0:0:0:0:

Wave of terror is potato and brut m4 is cool and all but when will a marauder ever reach m4 in time to use it?

Only sav build is far better, with proper build your autoattacks can hit for 1k+ but you are going to need a few pieces of Beastlord, scything talons tactic and flanking tactic.

Haojin

Post#8 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:38 am

Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Ads