Recent Topics

Ads

Zealot Highdeas funscussion

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Athergic

Zealot Highdeas funscussion

Post#1 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:32 am

:mrgreen: Like what if, rituals were the class mechanic, man. And Marks were pointed into.

maybe zealot the class could have 2 marks self cast on themselves.

And/Or if harbinger of doom was mark of the harbinger and granted additional effects on your other marks.

So you could use 2 buff marks with the abilities associated, or use harbinger mark and buff mark with ability associated and additional effect which I haven't really thought of anything yet.

I like damage dealer zealot, its fun, so these thoughts come from that perspective.

it would benefit the healer Z if they could use resist buff and initiative/willpower or whatever combo they wanted. And maybe the harbinger mark could be beneficial to them who knows, this is all just rambling from a guy Whos about to eat a giant burrito.
peace and love :mrgreen:
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: Zealot Highdeas funscussion

Post#2 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:47 am

Would be enough If self buff Effekt has a massiv lower cooldown. A dot with 100 dps with 1 min CD is Well nothing...
DPS St Zealot Just has one Problem you Cant handle coorp resi execpt with morale 1 min CD for 15 seconds. But what ive Heard is that there dont will be a change. Proposal Was declined.
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Jaycub

Post#3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:08 pm

ST DPS zealot suffers from a lot of things making it totally unviable.

If we look at the 2 most successful healer classes in terms of viability in 6 mans when going "DPS" (really hybrid) they have a lot of things in common. DPS DoK and prenerf DPS AM, both dealed slightly less damage than say a mara or Shadow warrior, however it was completely offset by the fact they could while staying in DPS mode heal acceptably well in short bursts to carve them out a niche as a defensive option for groups. Of course being healers they also bring with them some nice utility/buffs and healer based morales and core abilities.

Zealot damage isn't even on the same plane of existence as DPS dok or DPS AM, but that's not even the problem. Their healing sucks without taking a 20 second break from dealing damage which cripples their viability. The extra rituals and marks, plus awesome m1/m2 and things like wounds buff and extreme self reliance/defense and possibility of even using things like armor buff on HoT makes their utility fine.

I have a lot of experience playing DPS AM in 6 mans, I really liked it and still believe it was perfectly viable in 3-2-1 groups. And If I asked myself what would DPS zealot need to be on par with that prenerf AM experience...

>Mirror of Madness buffed (outgoing HD increase CD to 30 sec OR friendly buff damage reflection)
>Harbringer CD reduced to 10 seconds OR transference now heals the entire group for 25% of damage dealt, and friendly target for an additional 75% (for a total of 100%). Caster (zealot himself) can't be considered a target for the extra 75%. I don't like harbringer it's just the AM/Shaman playstyle except dumbed down and more clunky.
>Mark CD reduced to 10 second for caster (the zealot)
>Scourge now has 100% crit chance when used with warped scourging tactic proc (need a somewhat reliant way to proc HD on demand)
>Mirror BW channel snare to storm of ravens

And tbh even with all those changes only a handful of people would even try DPS zealot in their groups, and even less would stick with it on a somewhat regular basis. DPS zealot would still get called every name in the book in PUG scenarios as well.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

wwright72

Post#4 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:37 pm

All St spec needs is;
-A snare
-15ish% dmg buff to ST spells(scourge/cry/maybe Ravens)
-a much lower cd on harbinger(to give ddzealot its niche)

With that I think people would be more receptive to trying it.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#5 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:03 pm

wwright72 wrote:All St spec needs is;
-A snare

jep
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Athergic

Post#6 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:54 pm

I don't think I put this idea in, but I was thinking about the stagger from alchemy, what if that was also a 6 second snare. so you could use the full stagger or, break and still have a few seconds of slow. idk just rambling, thanks for the replies guys.
Doom Diver front man

Jaycub

Post#7 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:04 pm

Athergic wrote:I don't think I put this idea in, but I was thinking about the stagger from alchemy, what if that was also a 6 second snare. so you could use the full stagger or, break and still have a few seconds of slow. idk just rambling, thanks for the replies guys.
6 sec stagger is plenty strong and completely overshadows every other 13pt ability for RP/Z except WoI in very special conditions which is really killing build diversity for all specs. Especially healing spec which is so cut and dry.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Athergic

Post#8 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:11 pm

-A snare

What if Harbinger increased damage and reduced healing?
Doom Diver front man

Ads
wwright72

Post#9 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:28 pm

It does.
Idrinth's WAR Tools

wwright72

Post#10 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:42 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
-A snare

It has a snare now
it has 15% crit on its bread and butter st attacks on a tactic
lower cooldown on harbinger would amplify the survivability of a dps zealot to an unacceptable degree
Yeah this post is a few weeks old. Disregard.
Idrinth's WAR Tools