Recent Topics

Ads

Chaos Chosen Aura/Curses mechanic question

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ghost49X

Chaos Chosen Aura/Curses mechanic question

Post#1 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:47 am

Hi,
I know the mechanics for the auras are different than live. I played around with them and noticed a few things that I'm curious about. When I activate a curse, it gives the buff for all my allies in range and the debuff for all enemies in range, though once the curse is cast, people can move out of range and keep the buff/debuff. Hell I can even die and people don't lose it and I don't think they lose it if they die either. Similarly people who weren't around when I used it don't gain it when they enter within range (both enemies and allies). Is all this intended? How do I play with this?

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Re: Chaos Chosen Aura/Curses mechanic question

Post#2 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Are you referring to the standard unitframes buffs? That often shows ghost buffs (ie buffs that's no longer relevant or existing on the target)
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Ghost49X

Post#3 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Is there a way to know if they're actually on a target or not? Also is the opposite true where you can gain buffs and them not showing up on the UI?

Luuca

Post#4 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:03 am

Ghost49X wrote:Is there a way to know if they're actually on a target or not?

If you are alive, they are within range, nd the buff is showing, its a 99% certainty that they are buffed/debuffed.
Ghost49X wrote:Also is the opposite true where you can gain buffs and them not showing up on the UI?
Yes as even in Live this did happen sometimes as the UI bugs out or you are lagged etc. Remember - Alpha server ;)

Tesq

Post#5 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:55 pm

if they are in range it always show, do / rel fix it out of battle

in alternative use an add on to correctly display it daoc buff debuff

Ghost49X

Post#6 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Tesq wrote:if they are in range it always show, do / rel fix it out of battle

in alternative use an add on to correctly display it daoc buff debuff
Which addon does this? While you're at it, does this addon also fix people's health bars? The UI health bars doesn't always reflect the current health of allies.

Tesq

Post#7 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:36 am

i think is called "Daoc buff"? well lf something called daoc i think is the only one.

for healt bar if you mean the healt voer the character i dont think there is nothing which fix that i would be glad to have it; if you mean party ui use "enemy" add on