Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] 2H spec for smallman

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Luuca

Re: [Chosen] 2H spec for smallman

Post#11 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Panzerkasper wrote: Root, quake, snare and flee+ap pot are your anti kiting tools. Throwing axes also proc the covenant, they have a higher range and a lower cooldown. So before sinking points in the dread tree just for RB, I would rather invest it in discord tu push the res aura.
Point taken. It's generally accepted that Discord up to Quake is sufficient for the resist buff/debuff; however, in my experience, you are correct - you can never have too much resists. That said, I do like the "Undefendable" nature of RB for those classes with very high Block, Dodge, Parry as well as to finish off that kiter who is just out of range (assuming Quake is on CD or they have immunity).

RB is situational at best and fluff damage at worst in larger than 6v6. Your point about better discord is probably the smart play. Then again, we are talking about maining a GW Chosen - the opposite of smart play.
GodlessCrom wrote:A bit off topic, but what would you fellas like seeing done to 2h chosen to make it more viable (short of reverting CS nerf). I agree with Panzer that it's the worst spec of the most boring class in the game (even knight is more fun, and better in basically every way, especially but not only as 2h) which is a shame because it's one of the coolest classes from a lore and looks standpoint.
I have never mained a GW Chosen. I have almost always been SnB support. The times I did rock the GW in SCs for fun, I found the damage to be lackluster. That said, I had moderate GW specific Gear and was not well practiced at the art. There are a lot more experienced GW Chosen players out there who can give you what needs to be changed an specific detail. For me, I'd like to see a Focused Offense tactic without the 33% armor debuff or a FO tactic that is greater than 15% (say around 25%) damage increase for equal percentage of armor loss 25/25%, 30/30% but make it only apply when using a 2-handed weapon. The Chosen is touted as "easy mode" because of the aura change and the purely defensive role the SnB specs do very well in game. That said, to really contribute on a def spec chosen, you need to do more and be more than just a guard and KD bot. It's not the most challenging class to play, but it's still challenging to play well.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:26 pm

I think Chosen and Knight get touted as easy mode because compared to the other tank classes, they have less mechanics and so can focus more on the "essentials" of tanking without having to worry about stance switching or grudge management. Their CC also has no conditionals, and their punt is the best in the game and has the shortest CD (with tactic, but everyone takes it). It's not that tanking well is easy mode (It's all relative I suppose, but just look at the amount of tanks who don't guard swap or think that sitting on a healer all day is "pushing the backline") but that Chosen/knight have the least amount of stuff in the way of concentrating on their tanking: guard swaps, snares, CC, dps assist, interrupts, etc. Plus their buffs are aoe, permanent, and as good or better than those provided by single target buff tanks like Ironbreaker/Black Guard.

This makes them easier to play than their fellows, and so easier to play well. But also more boring at times. Chosen in particular is boring because at least knight has a few more tricks (arcing swing needs to be aimed since it is conal aoe rather than pbaoe like blast wave; vicious slash is 2nd interrupt that can be used in melee range so can be useful for hitting channels or rezzes) that might require better positioning or timing, whereas Chosen feels a bit more static and one-dimensional.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Panzerkasper

Post#13 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Luuca wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote: Root, quake, snare and flee+ap pot are your anti kiting tools. Throwing axes also proc the covenant, they have a higher range and a lower cooldown. So before sinking points in the dread tree just for RB, I would rather invest it in discord tu push the res aura.
Point taken. It's generally accepted that Discord up to Quake is sufficient for the resist buff/debuff; however, in my experience, you are correct - you can never have too much resists. That said, I do like the "Undefendable" nature of RB for those classes with very high Block, Dodge, Parry as well as to finish off that kiter who is just out of range (assuming Quake is on CD or they have immunity).

RB is situational at best and fluff damage at worst in larger than 6v6. Your point about better discord is probably the smart play. Then again, we are talking about maining a GW Chosen - the opposite of smart play.
As long as SMs have a stacking spirit resist debuff (for whatever stupid reason) i like to have every precious point on resist I can have. And even in Zerg situations it does overall more for your group then RB would ever (after CS nerf ofc). If you explicit run 1vs1 it may be considerable, but only then.
GodlessCrom wrote:A bit off topic, but what would you fellas like seeing done to 2h chosen to make it more viable (short of reverting CS nerf). I agree with Panzer that it's the worst spec of the most boring class in the game (even knight is more fun, and better in basically every way, especially but not only as 2h) which is a shame because it's one of the coolest classes from a lore and looks standpoint.
First thing would be to bring back CS as it used to be. I never understood the logic behind that nerfs. If you look at the Knight, wich in his original form was completly overpowered, he got tuned down. The crit buffs for his group got tuned down, some requied a great weapon now etc. I mean he took some heavy blows with the nerf club, but he is still the best damn tank in the game.
Now instead of doing this with the Chosen too, the 2h Chosen got kicked in the trash bin. Why not do the same? Tuning down the value of CS to like 20% damage reduction and see how it works, if its still to strong go to 15% and see.

I had some ideas for the chosen, one of the biggest differences between the knight and the chosen was the aura buff tactics. The knight has 3 tactics he can chose from to further buff his group with the aura (crit, crit and heal) the chosen has none. I would give him such tactics (and not just mirrored).
Change for Relentless, making it interrupting for the duration, making it some kind of "soft silence"
Changing Tainted Wound tactic to affect the healed and not the healer, either by making the healed taking the damage (icd would be needed i think) or go a new way, and make it a flat heal reduce wich takes, idk lets say 150 hitpoints away from every direct heal (counted before crit is applied, also means hots are not affected). I may not say how strong this would be, but i would like to test it.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:22 pm

The Relentless and Tainted Wound changes sound cool. I know the devs are probably waiting until client control (that was stated reason for CS nerf iirc: it stacks with challenge and the devs don't like that but can't make it not stack with challenge until client control) but those would be fun to test. Relentless one in particular sounds good because it gives a useless skill (all tanks channel attacks except Blorc/SM and maybe BG are) a cool and unique purpose that still has counter play (from other tanks no less.)
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Tesq

Post#15 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:39 pm

-revert aoe nerf
-change dmg and dmg reduction stacking rule to perform as in live proportionally instead additive.

CS+ challenge +M3here is 25+30=105% dmg reduction
cs+ cghallenge in live was a % of a % so in this case

25% + x+ y
higer dmg reduction apply first pure then the rest in % of a % from the higer to to lowest (inreality the results wont change if you apply the lower as first reduction)
x= remainign dmg %output :100 x challenge
y= remainig dmg %output after "x" got subtracted :100 x CS value
z= etc

/////////

100%-50 from m3= 50 --> 50 :100 x30 = 15+50 of before =65%--> 45 remaining after second reduction :100 x 25=16,25+65=81,25%

81,25% as in live vs 100% (105%) as currently in ror dmg reduction

etc this way any dmg reduction can never reach 100% of dmg reduction.

dmg redution on enemy will work with dmg reduction on friendly target as inc/out heal debuff

so 15% dmg reduction from oppresion and 30% from challenge as 70% :100 x15= 10.5 -> 40,5 dmg reduction vs 45% here

basically dmg reduction should work as inc/out heal debuff, no more no less

@panzer; cant happen thats how BG and kobs are balakced with tatctcs linked to specific mastery skill. Chosen is more balanced with SM and part of IB

Panzerkasper

Post#16 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:14 pm

Tesq wrote:@panzer; cant happen thats how BG and kobs are balakced with tatctcs linked to specific mastery skill. Chosen is more balanced with SM and part of IB
Just with the "little" difference, that BG doesnt buff his whole group :(

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Tesq

Post#17 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:
Tesq wrote:@panzer; cant happen thats how BG and kobs are balakced with tatctcs linked to specific mastery skill. Chosen is more balanced with SM and part of IB
the fact that dosen't buff the whole group is becasue bg is not a wide effect bufff tank, one thing is what class do another is "how" it do it. They are simple different kobs is more passive bg is more active. tough both have tactics linked to mastery buff/debuff.
BG left mastery have an aoe woudns debuff anyway, that is a working type of debuff/buff for group wide effect range

Panzerkasper

Post#18 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Tesq wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:
the fact that dosen't buff the whole group is becasue bg is not a wide effect bufff tank, one thing is what class do another is "how" it do it. They are simple different kobs is more passive bg is more active. tough both have tactics linked to mastery buff/debuff.
BG left mastery have an aoe woudns debuff anyway, that is a working type of debuff/buff for group wide effect range
I understand what you mean, the BG is just a complete different concept of a tank. The issue is Chosen and Kotbs are mirrors in fact that they are area buff tanks. The problem is, the Kotbs is way better in it and that's why the concept link between Knight and Bg is completly irrelevant in this matter.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
rmarcoux86

Post#19 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Damn, even with how I prefaced my post, I still seemed to attract all the haters/naysayers. I 'd like to commend the individuals who could see past that and post highly, informative information!

So it seems the consensus is that the Corruption tree is a very important when it comes to putting out adequate damage... good to know! The knockdown is nice in the Corruption tree, but I will be running with others who have it, so it may not be as big a deal? If anything, I can respec for it if I find that I'm needing it.

Thanks everyone!
Preesh - 69 Bright Wizard
Preeesh - 72 Chosen

ashton007

Post#20 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:01 pm

If you want a nice balance of damage and tankiness, this is the build i have found most effective. The Subjugator 2h weapon helps with being kited if you can get lucky enough..
For small scale fights such as SC's crippling strikes is still decent because it still stacks with challenge. You lack the knock down but you dont really get much out of the path of corruption other than the KD. http://www.ror.builders/career/chosen/s ... ,4793,4784