Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] 2H spec for smallman

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: [Chosen] 2H spec for smallman

Post#21 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:05 pm

rmarcoux86 wrote:Damn, even with how I prefaced my post, I still seemed to attract all the haters/naysayers. I 'd like to commend the individuals who could see past that and post highly, informative information!

So it seems the consensus is that the Corruption tree is a very important when it comes to putting out adequate damage... good to know! The knockdown is nice in the Corruption tree, but I will be running with others who have it, so it may not be as big a deal? If anything, I can respec for it if I find that I'm needing it.

Thanks everyone!
No one here is a hater. Just realistic. Play how you want, but know what you're getting into. Also, I strongly advise taking the knockdown. Even if someone else in the party has a KD, it's always nice to have more than one, for a variety of reasons. Also, there is really nothing else to spec for in it's place, so why not take it?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Penril

Post#22 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:09 pm

I like running CS/Stagger when 2H. Stagger is awesome for catching kiters, then you superpunt them back.

Oh, and what people fail to tell you here is that CS is actually stronger in RoR than on live since it stacks with Challenge, making it better for small scale. Sure, the "nerf" killed its viability for large scale, WB vs WB combat (Rending Blade is pointless at the moment, agreed on that).

But OP specifically asked for small scale so... CS is still good.

Something like this, with AP/Resist/Str auras, Beastlord gear and as much + parry as you can get:

http://www.ror.builders/career/chosen/s ... ,4777,4800

I liked Tainted Wound back when ab ex AM was OP. It proc'd off lifetaps together with Discordant Fluctuation, messing them up badly. It is still ok I guess, but you can always replace it with Flawless Armor (if you feel squishy) or Unstoppable Juggernaut (my fav).

Panzerkasper

Post#23 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:30 am

ashton007 wrote:If you want a nice balance of damage and tankiness, this is the build i have found most effective. The Subjugator 2h weapon helps with being kited if you can get lucky enough..
For small scale fights such as SC's crippling strikes is still decent because it still stacks with challenge. You lack the knock down but you dont really get much out of the path of corruption other than the KD. http://www.ror.builders/career/chosen/s ... ,4793,4784
If you are going for small scale, take the ap aura over the healdebuff aura. The hd-aura doesnt stack with normal hd so it's utterly useless when focussing targets since you should always have a 50% hd in your group. In Zerg situations, if you run a bomber group in orvr it's a viable option, but not in the small scale OP want's.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

footpatrol2

Post#24 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:33 am

Does crippling strikes still trigger off of Rending blade? I feel like Rending Blade's purpose is to pass around crippling strikes. I could see that blast wave doesn't trigger it but rending blade should imo.

If crippling strikes does trigger off of rending blade then the nerf to crippling strikes isn't too bad. If rending blade doesn't trigger off rending blade then... sad times.

Panzerkasper

Post#25 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:35 am

footpatrol2 wrote:Does crippling strikes still trigger off of Rending blade? I feel like Rending Blade's purpose is to pass around crippling strikes. I could see that blast wave doesn't trigger it but rending blade should imo.

If crippling strikes does trigger off of rending blade then the nerf to crippling strikes isn't too bad. If rending blade doesn't trigger off rending blade then... sad times.
It was changed to not trigger of aoe attacks, wich means RB is utterly useless.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

footpatrol2

Post#26 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:37 am

ya... I thought so... I don't agree with that decision. Kinda the purpose of 2hnder chosen is based on crippling strikes...kinda guts the spec.

Kyran

Post#27 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Hey, is it better to use "Cleave" or "Ravage" as a filler for a 2H chosen?

PS : I also have an issue with my RR. When i'm trying to respecialize, I got a message "respecialize will cost", then i click yes but nothing happens (it cost me nothing, and my RR points are not reinitialized).

Tesq

Post#28 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Kyran wrote:Hey, is it better to use "Cleave" or "Ravage" as a filler for a 2H chosen?

PS : I also have an issue with my RR. When i'm trying to respecialize, I got a message "respecialize will cost", then i click yes but nothing happens (it cost me nothing, and my RR points are not reinitialized).
depend from the target usually on soft target cleave do slight more dmg since either kobs and am will boost ppl resistences; it can vary from ppl to ppl tough, on enemy with high parry chance but soft (like slayer) it get better.

Ads
Kyran

Post#29 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:31 am

@Tesq : Thanks !

On another note :
Chosen

Tactic - Hastened Dismissal now grants the cooldown reduction of Repel only if you are weilding a Great Weapon, super punt effect remains regardless of weapon used.
Tactic - Crippling Strikes will now work on aoe again but the damage reduction that it gives is now 10% (down from 25%)
Is 2H Chosen viable again?

TenTonHammer

Post#30 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:03 am

Yeah

I don't know for small man but definatly for wb play