Chosen tank build

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fallenkezef

Chosen tank build

Post#1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:25 am

So I've started to level my first Dessie char and went for a Chosen of Nurgle. I don't want to go dps route, I just think a tank should be a tank.

What general path/spec is best for a tank chosen?
Alea iacta est

Ads
TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Re: Chosen tank build

Post#2 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:13 am

Introducing full orthodox vanilla SnB morale pump chosen in the missionary position with the approval of a local minister for the sole purpose of support and protection.
RoR.builders - Chosen

If you are not fighting in large scale you may want to throw raze in the trashcan and then pick amplification and then throw destined for victory in the same can and grab critical supression (or hastened dismissal, if you are into that sort of thing, i don't judge)

Slot armor talis if you can afford them (or go tufnes, if you can't)
RR spec should be block>parry/dodge-disrupt/less crit whatever strikes your fancy
Your auras are tufnes/resists/AP

Always remember to open the fights with blast wave, challenge the dps, apply slow, keep your supression buff up, use tooth of Tzeentch and i suppose use Withering blow on AMs/RPs, but it's not really going to affect them unless they are chain AoE healing and apply touch of palsy on mdps (deceptively effective), apply your dot, then you may spam ravage like a @%^$!* if you have nothing better to do, but it will be a bit of a drain in your AP and you kinda need that to do other, more important stuff.

And i suppose it goes without mention, always guard someone giving priority to mdps and stay within 30 feet of them and hope to Tzeentch that they are not a bunch of %$^#*@# that start retreating like a chicken the moment the enemy so much as farts in their direction, in which case stop guarding them and kindly tell them that they should go back to order. Also remember to switch guard if someone is getting focused.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:13 pm

That build dosnt let you tank anywhere near hard enough

You should go go mid tree up to oppression if you want to be ded ard

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=cho ... 5:;0:0:0:0:

normanis

Post#4 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:28 pm

dous cripling strikes + oppression stack togather make 600 armor + 30 reduces damage taken. or they only replace each ather. so u all time have only 15% reduced damage taken?
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:34 pm

normanis wrote:dous cripling strikes + oppression stack togather make 600 armor + 30 reduces damage taken. or they only replace each ather. so u all time have only 15% reduced damage taken?
Crippling strikes reduces the damage THEY do, while oppression reduces the damage YOU take, thus they "stack" with eachother (They do only 90% of their damage, and then you only take 85% of that damage, bringing it down to 76,5% of the original damage, assuming this happens before tufness/resist/armor reductions apply)

normanis

Post#6 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:57 pm

thx i thought diferent byt thx for info
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Erolgamer

Post#7 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:30 am

As a Wb tank, stack toughness, stacking armor before toughness doesn't make sense for a WB tank supposed to get damages from many sources ...