Recent Topics

Ads

Magi

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Renork

Re: Magi

Post#11 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:20 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Shalktonin wrote:
SilverWF wrote:And, please correct me if I'm wrong, I've noticed that DOT ticks removes detaunt :(
Makes sense to me. It should.

Queue Gnashing and wailiing
Here with said gnashing and wailing:

It doesn't make sense in any environment outside of solo play, given that there are damage classes who rely an incredible amount on dots (magus and dps am). I could write an essay further expanding on this, but I'll pass and instead say hi to renork:)
Hello there <3!

It sounds like there hasn't been any significant changes to the class outside the detaunt becoming dispelled if the target has dots. I thought they tried that on live but reverted it? But you're right, it makes no sense outside of solo play.

Guess I'll have to play a dok or resurrect Renorka for Github :^)

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#12 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:37 pm

Nidwin wrote:There was a reason why I dropped detaunt on the live server and post 1.4.x Magus detaunt was broken and only worked once in a blue moon.
It worked fine for me...That was the only way to make it through a BW rotation on live.

Renork

Post#13 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:30 pm

So basically if I aoe dot and a BW decides to focus me, I won't be able to detaunt him off as long as he has my dot on him, correct?

If that's the case, then for sure no magus :> eek.

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:04 pm

Renork wrote:So basically if I aoe dot and a BW decides to focus me, I won't be able to detaunt him off as long as he has my dot on him, correct?

It's just a completely unnecessary change that was not needed, quite significantly hitting dot classes.

Renork

Post#15 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:07 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Renork wrote:So basically if I aoe dot and a BW decides to focus me, I won't be able to detaunt him off as long as he has my dot on him, correct?

It's just a completely unnecessary change that was not needed, quite significantly hitting dot classes.
Yeah that's actually pretty bad, basically casting glean or pand will cause you more harm than good if you can't detaunt people off :/ oh well RIP sexy magi.

Nidwin

Post#16 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:58 am

Tankbeardz wrote:
Nidwin wrote:There was a reason why I dropped detaunt on the live server and post 1.4.x Magus detaunt was broken and only worked once in a blue moon.
It worked fine for me...That was the only way to make it through a BW rotation on live.
May be it was only broken for a certain time, the moment I dropped it and never slotted it back.

BW rotation was never an issue, except if I was caught by surprise and didn't notice anything. In that case nothing would have helped anyway.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Tankbeardz

Post#17 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:50 am

Renork wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:

Yeah that's actually pretty bad, basically casting glean or pand will cause you more harm than good if you can't detaunt people off :/ oh well RIP sexy magi.
Magus can be fun in an AOE group with a MDok because of the heal debuff...but ST spec is garbage now, utter garbage, and the detaunt change is pretty bad, as well.

Edit - It is still great 1v1, if you are into that...I guess.

ToXoS

Post#18 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:28 am

In pretty much all MMORPG, DoTs classes (or specs) are the worst pick possible for a DPS class (the only one good DoT spec that I can remember in a MMORPG is the poison class in Tree of Savior).
This game is the same. Even before the detaunt-on-DoTs change, the DoTs of the magus were garbage.
The Devs team tried to fix that with the flamer buff that makes DoTs tick faster, but even with that, the Changing spec magus was not viable, compared to the two others trees or other classes (heck, even a DPS AM/Shaman is better at DoTs than magus, even if it is a real DPS class).
Now with these changes, I'll suggest to not use any DoTs whatsoever if you think that the people you are fighting may attack you back (except for tanks ofc).
Right now, DoTs are a curse, but not for the target of it, for the one using it.
Since this is not a thread about WE/WH, I'm not gonna tell you the impact of these changes on these classes. All I can say is that people that keep playing as WE/WH are brave.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#19 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:55 pm

ToXoS wrote:In pretty much all MMORPG, DoTs classes (or specs) are the worst pick possible for a DPS class (the only one good DoT spec that I can remember in a MMORPG is the poison class in Tree of Savior).
This game is the same. Even before the detaunt-on-DoTs change, the DoTs of the magus were garbage.
The Devs team tried to fix that with the flamer buff that makes DoTs tick faster, but even with that, the Changing spec magus was not viable, compared to the two others trees or other classes (heck, even a DPS AM/Shaman is better at DoTs than magus, even if it is a real DPS class).
Now with these changes, I'll suggest to not use any DoTs whatsoever if you think that the people you are fighting may attack you back (except for tanks ofc).
Right now, DoTs are a curse, but not for the target of it, for the one using it.
Since this is not a thread about WE/WH, I'm not gonna tell you the impact of these changes on these classes. All I can say is that people that keep playing as WE/WH are brave.
Affliction Lock, Feral Druid, Shadow Priest and Unholy Death Knight have all been dominant in wow pvp at one point or another, and they are all dot reliant (depends on the patch for Unholy Dk).

But yeah, total bummer on the dot changes. Hope they revert them soon.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:20 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:
ToXoS wrote:In pretty much all MMORPG, DoTs classes (or specs) are the worst pick possible for a DPS class (the only one good DoT spec that I can remember in a MMORPG is the poison class in Tree of Savior).
Affliction Lock, Feral Druid, Shadow Priest and Unholy Death Knight have all been dominant in wow pvp at one point or another, and they are all dot reliant (depends on the patch for Unholy Dk).

But yeah, total bummer on the dot changes. Hope they revert them soon.

thisx2