Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Looking for THE build

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: [Magus] Looking for THE build

Post#51 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:55 pm

...who said Int doesnt affect dot damage? Pretty sure it does, or else dots wouldnt scale at all.

Do dots not scale?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#52 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:27 pm

Waaghaa wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote: I've tried everything...way over CAP int + 8-9% reduce chance to be disrupted...it doesn't do anything. Your best bet is to just raise your DPS and hope to get lucky.
I dont know how to raise that, I thought that INT had something to do with our "dot" damage, as it dont, how can it be raised?
INT def affects your dot damage. I was talking about reducing the amount of times that your dots get disrupted and I haven't found a solution for that.

peterthepan3

Post#53 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Well you're playing wrong tank coz I can get 500k damage with 1 kb as a change magus so class is definitely viable

Raefar

Post#54 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 am

Since this thread seems the cover everything, what do you guys feel is the current BiS? I'm currently stacking Disrupt bypass from 5 BL, 3 Gen and 3 Conq

Tankbeardz

Post#55 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:27 am

peterthepan3 wrote:Well you're playing wrong tank coz I can get 500k damage with 1 kb as a change magus so class is definitely viable
Touche.

Nidwin

Post#56 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:48 am

Magus dots are way too slow with the lower gcd compared to live. Those dots need to tick faster from 3s tics to 2s tics. Lower gcd means also faster healing and cleansing from healers adding to the Magus misery.

Nothing works against disrupts, tried my best too but always the same results. (see Tankbeardz comments)

Rift, Pand, Glean Magic, FrF (+ Fiery Winds), Surge (interrupt), Seed of Chaos are all nerf batted the hard way (same old story) with the disrupt changes.
I was fine with the rift delay to have it on par with magnet. I'm not anymore with the new disrupt system. I'm not happy here, not upset but just not happy.
For the other mentioned skills, if the target disrupts it's nada and just a waste of cd/time/AP for no gain.

On a side note.
Sorc PoS needs LoS to be able to drop the pit. No LoS no way to drop the pit. I know, I've finaly rolled a Sorc. :P

No issue with a new system (disrupts) but Magus needs a bone here. Faster ticking dot's (some 3s tick ones) and lowering AP costs on impacted skills (as we have to reapply after disrupt). Magus eats AP like crap and we only have 4 tactic slots, like everyone else.

Edit 1
Disrupt and not interrupt.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Raefar

Post#57 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:14 pm

Nidwin wrote:Magus dots are way too slow with the lower gcd compared to live. Those dots need to tick faster from 3s tics to 2s tics. Lower gcd means also faster healing and cleansing from healers adding to the Magus misery.

Nothing works against disrupts, tried my best too but always the same results. (see Tankbeardz comments)

Rift, Pand, Glean Magic, FrF (+ Fiery Winds), Surge (interrupt), Seed of Chaos are all nerf batted the hard way (same old story) with the disrupt changes.
I was fine with the rift delay to have it on par with magnet. I'm not anymore with the new disrupt system. I'm not happy here, not upset but just not happy.
For the other mentioned skills, if the target disrupts it's nada and just a waste of cd/time/AP for no gain.

On a side note.
Sorc PoS needs LoS to be able to drop the pit. No LoS no way to drop the pit. I know, I've finaly rolled a Sorc. :P

No issue with a new system (disrupts) but Magus needs a bone here. Faster ticking dot's (some 3s tick ones) and lowering AP costs on impacted skills (as we have to reapply after disrupt). Magus eats AP like crap and we only have 4 tactic slots, like everyone else.

Edit 1
Completely agree, additionally I also rolled a Sorc (Disrupted) , currently still a lowbie at 40/44. I'm still getting disrupted a lot but its more manageable as I'm not losing 75% of my damage.

Waaghaa

Post#58 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:31 pm

You guys should try Chosen, as you can have 3 auras active at the same time and often in WB's there are several chosens, I usually go for:

Discordant fluctuation and Dreadful Agony

These 2 auras has everything a change Magus could wish for (although damage output is kinda low, but in the long run as a Chosen SnB is quite hard to kill, it does actually do quite alot of damage and the range is quite nice also)

These auras, cannot be disrupted, cannot be cleansed, making the Chosen an armored, change-specced Magus lol.

Add to that Bane Shield and Blast Wave
Spoiler:

Ads
catholicism198

Post#59 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:37 pm

Nidwin wrote:
Spoiler:
Magus dots are way too slow with the lower gcd compared to live. Those dots need to tick faster from 3s tics to 2s tics. Lower gcd means also faster healing and cleansing from healers adding to the Magus misery.

On a side note.

Edit 1
If you're actually trying for a "dot" build you should be using the Flamer daemon as I believe it lowers the dot interval ticks for Changing and Daemonology abilities- (haven't tried it in months) - although it won't change the endless disrupts. ...and it takes ages to get 8 stacks of unholy empowerment for it to be worth it...

If you're tired of getting disrupted then slot Flame's Kiss and spam Flickering Red Fire.

neutrino

Post#60 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:03 am

Most of my dmg is hitting through all this disrupt ****. I run a very high int and reduced disrupt build. I do hate how slow the dots tick but I think using the flamer more helps that. Overall dmg still needs to be buffed or give the 40% of damage to the magus full time and take it off the pet bonus.

Some of you try for this hybrid crap where you're trying to balance survivability yet still be able to singularly take down a target. IMO its better to be one or the other versus mediocre in both. Magus is a situational spec/utility class. That's what makes it really fun is its versatility and unique game play. It's not meant to be a sorc but it excels in **** a sorc simply cannot do.

I think if I can recommend one thing to all of you is that your abilities are really timing sensitive and you benefit to load up damage and then drop some burst on targets. Where sorcs are for flame broiling fillets, magus are for smoking large slabs of ribs and brisket. It takes some patients and thought. One of the biggest benefits the magus has is being able to do some serious damage from about as far a distance as the game allows for a range. I'm not sure many magus try to bomb back line targets versus just hitting the first think in front of them. I'm in scens with many that die over and over always under estimating their maneuvering capability to how fast front-liners can close gaps.

If I can give you any tips worth a crap is to use your +15% crit tactics, spec into int if you can stay away from getting caught, and pick a single mastery to either be strong in single target, aoe, or close-quarter aoe. Use swift flames and SVF for single target, use endless pande for aoe builds. If you want a good amount of dmg - try mutating, perils, SOI, BOC, Flicker, with SVF interwoven in between and in various orders. Remember your travel time on some abilities and time them with short casts.

So footpatrol when is this epic magus group happening?

Neut.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!