Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Looking for THE build

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nidwin

Re: [Magus] Looking for THE build

Post#61 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:07 am

I wasn't aware the flamer also reduced some tick intervals, will have to check that one.

Hybrid builds never worked on Magus, even RR100 on live, so I agree with Neut that we have to make a choice and focus on one tree.

I presume it's pointless to go Daemonology support build in pug scenarios as folks have no clue and you won't get any tank/heal support as a Magus?
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Waaghaa

Post#62 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:13 am

Daemonology in WB PuGs or SC where you join solo is pointless, yes.
That tree is only viable in a guild that knows what they are doing.
Spoiler:

Renork

Post#63 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:04 pm

I'm actually surprised with the high amount of magi I encountered lately :> I seen more magi than sorcs in orvr, which is quite surprising.

catholicism198

Post#64 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:32 pm

neutrino wrote:Most of my dmg is hitting through all this disrupt ****. I run a very high int and reduced disrupt build. I do hate how slow the dots tick but I think using the flamer more helps that. Overall dmg still needs to be buffed or give the 40% of damage to the magus full time and take it off the pet bonus.
40% is overkill- but it would be nice if we at least started with 4 stacks when we summon a new Daemon- 20%. It'll still cost 1 GCD but at least it'll increase viability and mobility.

Darks63

Post#65 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:19 pm

Renork wrote:I'm actually surprised with the high amount of magi I encountered lately :> I seen more magi than sorcs in orvr, which is quite surprising.
Its a pretty cool class with alot of possible potential if buffed. Its mirror is similar in that respect.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Tankbeardz

Post#66 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Darks63 wrote:
Renork wrote:I'm actually surprised with the high amount of magi I encountered lately :> I seen more magi than sorcs in orvr, which is quite surprising.
Its a pretty cool class with alot of possible potential if buffed. Its mirror is similar in that respect.
Engi has no issues at the moment except lack of heal debuff and the gigantic nerf to keg maybe...it's still possible to dominate everything except a coordinated 6 man.

Magus on the other hand...is fluff at it's finest at the moment.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#67 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:32 pm

As someone who plays neither class (melee4lyfe), how are engi and magus so different in terms of viability? On paper they look like two of the closer mirrors in terms of kit, so it seems odd that magus seems so lackluster while engi does fine.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Tankbeardz

Post#68 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:47 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:As someone who plays neither class (melee4lyfe), how are engi and magus so different in terms of viability? On paper they look like two of the closer mirrors in terms of kit, so it seems odd that magus seems so lackluster while engi does fine.
Engi has a much faster burst rotation in ST (1 second channel burst, phos shells doing non-physical damage on a 1 second cast on the run). People who claim the class is easily handled with armor pots clearly have not played the class very long.

Magus - Disrupt changes have really hit the magus hard. Magus relies on a steady build up of dots because the burst is slower. The tornado change was nice, I guess, but it doesn't change the fact that the dot situation has completely gimped the burst potential.

Ads
Darks63

Post#69 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Tankbeardz wrote:
Darks63 wrote:
Engi has no issues at the moment except lack of heal debuff and the gigantic nerf to keg maybe...it's still possible to dominate everything except a coordinated 6 man.

I guess my main issue atm is gear and levels then since im Rank 33 RR39. Hopefully with more gear and the full range of abilities it will get even better not that i hate the class even now. Your right about the magus though I was leveling mine after the changes got 4 disrupts in a row vs grey mobs it was very disheartening.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

catholicism198

Post#70 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:15 pm

Darks63 wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:
Darks63 wrote:Its a pretty cool class with alot of possible potential if buffed. Its mirror is similar in that respect.

I guess my main issue atm is gear and levels then since im Rank 33 RR39. Hopefully with more gear and the full range of abilities it will get even better not that i hate the class even now. Your right about the magus though I was leveling mine after the changes got 4 disrupts in a row vs grey mobs it was very disheartening.
Don't hold your breath. Mine is at 40/62 with soft capped- or close to- intelligence and minus disrupt chance gear, but I still get a seemingly endless amount of disrupt messages.
The only time you get to even attempt to pull off your S/T rotation (at max (non-fluff) damage) is during SCs or Keep Sieges- even then it's success rate is ****.
It's easier to just spam Firestorm.