Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Looking for THE build

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
neutrino

Re: [Magus] Looking for THE build

Post#31 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:39 pm

Please buff magus. It has fluff damage.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#32 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:43 pm

neutrino wrote:Please buff magus. It has fluff damage.
It's beyond bad at the moment.

Renork

Post#33 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:IFOC on tanks with any more than 30% health is futile. You should only ever really use IFOC as a finisher/snipe, imo, otherwise rend winds spam will provide more burst in a heavy change spec.

Changing Magus will literally offer 0 threat against any healed tanks (or other targets, for that matter). If Mist was somewhat potent, like it was a while ago, then I could see it working - particularly with rolling winds M2, as you said.

Don't get me wrong: the spec can work against pugs/unhealed targets (which is what I think you refer to?), but should we be advocating specs that work only when the opposition has a bad assortment of classes/specs? On the other hand, this tends to be 99% of the time so...meh! Use whatever works for you.
Mist + RW was fabulous before they touched the magus class :> It sounds like the class has become even more mediocre. As you said, you can roll pugs easily with the magus (and any class really) but that's not a good indicator of how well the class performs versus a competent setup.

geezereur

Post#34 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:11 pm

Remember how decent it was before those changes?
Now its just sad....

Panodil

Post#35 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 pm

ohh yea, buff it. damage is so bad ;)
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Mcz

Post#36 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:39 pm

Having dust of my Magus as i needed soem cultivation done i came here to look at what changed since i last played him and what builds are used now. And now im wondering...ingame i dont see the snare aspect of the storm spell. Has this been changed again since the builds have been posted here or am i missing something?

Sorry for asking this again but would someone be so kind to list the ST build best used atm, unless the ones listed above by Jono and panodill still aply

Big thank u

Tankbeardz

Post#37 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Mcz wrote:Having dust of my Magus as i needed soem cultivation done i came here to look at what changed since i last played him and what builds are used now. And now im wondering...ingame i dont see the snare aspect of the storm spell. Has this been changed again since the builds have been posted here or am i missing something?

Sorry for asking this again but would someone be so kind to list the ST build best used atm, unless the ones listed above by Jono and panodill still aply

Big thank u
Snare works fine.

Disrupt changes = RIP Magus :cry:

ToXoS

Post#38 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Tankbeardz wrote:
Mcz wrote:Having dust of my Magus as i needed soem cultivation done i came here to look at what changed since i last played him and what builds are used now. And now im wondering...ingame i dont see the snare aspect of the storm spell. Has this been changed again since the builds have been posted here or am i missing something?

Big thank u
Snare works fine.

Disrupt changes = RIP Magus :cry:
Magus can have up to 3 undefendable abilities with the right tactic, and two of them are spammable. Magus is probably the class that is the less affected by these new changes.

But hey, Rdps is already the safest and easiest archetype, so personally I welcome this kind of changes.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#39 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Yeah, it's not like Magus has 1000 DoTs, or a tree dedicated to DoTs....

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#40 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:20 pm

I dunno that I have ever died to rend winds or flickering red fire outside of t1, anyways. Disrupting those Magus dots, or Indigo Fire of Change however...

Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!