Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Looking for THE build

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ToXoS

Re: [Magus] Looking for THE build

Post#41 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:30 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Yeah, it's not like Magus has 1000 DoTs, or a tree dedicated to DoTs....
Magus DoTs were **** even before the changes, so what does it matter if they got disrupted or not?
This game is still Rdps paradise. Not as much as before, but it still is.
So sorry not sorry to feel bad for them.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#42 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:33 pm

ToXoS wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Yeah, it's not like Magus has 1000 DoTs, or a tree dedicated to DoTs....
Magus DoTs were **** even before the changes, so what does it matter if they got disrupted or not?
Their dots have been exacerbated, that is the issue. If you can't see a problem in further gimping an already-gimp spec, then lulz.

Tankbeardz

Post#43 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:36 pm

ToXoS wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:
Mcz wrote:Having dust of my Magus as i needed soem cultivation done i came here to look at what changed since i last played him and what builds are used now. And now im wondering...ingame i dont see the snare aspect of the storm spell. Has this been changed again since the builds have been posted here or am i missing something?

Sorry for asking this again but would someone be so kind to list the ST build best used atm, unless the ones listed above by Jono and panodill still aply

Big thank u
Snare works fine.

Disrupt changes = RIP Magus :cry:
Magus can have up to 3 undefendable abilities with the right tactic, and two of them are spammable. Magus is probably the class that is the less affected by these new changes.

But hey, Rdps is already the safest and easiest archetype, so personally I welcome this kind of changes.
You are out of your mind. The tactics you lose gimp your damage. I'm glad you welcome these changes...but I ask you, how much experience do you really have playing the class?

Tankbeardz

Post#44 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:38 pm

ToXoS wrote:
The 2 single target dots were one of the most important factors to a burst kill. The key to killing on a magus is patience and timestamping all of your damage at once - just like a sorc, in double the amount of time.

peterthepan3

Post#45 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:40 pm

Tankbeardz wrote:
ToXoS wrote:
The 2 single target dots were one of the most important factors to a burst kill. The key to killing on a magus is patience and timestamping all of your damage at once - just like a sorc, in double the amount of time.

thank you

Waaghaa

Post#46 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:53 am

After having being constantly raped by 3 witch hunters in Badlands, not even being able to cast any spells before Tzeentch opened up his arms for the 20th or so time and after that with ranalds luck at my heels, I floated into a WL (or was it the other way around?) who was farming the same PQ as me, who raped me over and over, he and his pesky ***** cat where not inclined to share the PQ apparently... I would like to re-write some of my previous comments.

Tbh I wouldn't say no, to a bit more "Tzeentch"? in our dots, I mean since the dots can and is, interrupted constantly, then why cant the damage be increased ?

Because it really doesnt matter which class we encounter in our "intended" mode (Change ofc 8-) ) 10/10 times we die screaming, whilst our antagonist, shrugs off our laughable barrage of spells.

I also find it quite odd, lorewise, that the demons that we summon from another plane of existence, are blind as bats when it comes to WH that lurks in the shadows? They if no one else, ought to sense them, no?

But onwards to our other "powerful" spells in general...

As it is now, even if the dots arent interrupted, they seldom kills its hosts, our dots are as they stand now, damagewise, more like venereal herpes, uncomfortable and sometimes painful, but it doesnt kill you.

If the damage cant be increased for some reason, another thought is, rename the tactic "endless pandemonium" to "endless agony" (or something similar) and make all our dots have a base chance of xx % to re-apply itself.

In or near a WB, a change specced Magus can do some damage, however solo, we are as versatile and useful as the demons we summon up, we offer no challenge to any class. (we are just free x-mas gifts containing, RR and a medallion and an odd item now and then)

Is this old cliché still viable, for Magus?

"Just remember that everything u do as dps healer, true dps classes do it better"
Spoiler:

Waaghaa

Post#47 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Stupid question for some, I myself just had an eureka moment :idea:

I have been looking at this here text, something doesn't add up.

Intelligence: Increases Magic Damage, Reduces Chance that your attacks will be Disrupted.

When I first created my Magus, I was reading much about them, on almost all descriptions it says that on of our primary stats is INT, but is that really true for a Magus that is specced in the "Change" - tree?

High INT is for Direct Damage spells primarly, aint it?

That is why the same tactic is found on Sorcerers and Bright wizards that primarly uses DD spells.

But someone who relies on dots, do not need to have the Endless knowledge tactic first and foremost, nor does he / she need to have INT talis inserted into the gear, because dots use an entirely different mechanic than direct damage spells, true or false?
Spoiler:

Tankbeardz

Post#48 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Waaghaa wrote:Stupid question for some, I myself just had an eureka moment :idea:

I have been looking at this here text, something doesn't add up.

Intelligence: Increases Magic Damage, Reduces Chance that your attacks will be Disrupted.

When I first created my Magus, I was reading much about them, on almost all descriptions it says that on of our primary stats is INT, but is that really true for a Magus that is specced in the "Change" - tree?

High INT is for Direct Damage spells primarly, aint it?

That is why the same tactic is found on Sorcerers and Bright wizards that primarly uses DD spells.

But someone who relies on dots, do not need to have the Endless knowledge tactic first and foremost, nor does he / she need to have INT talis inserted into the gear, because dots use an entirely different mechanic than direct damage spells, true or false?
I've tried everything...way over CAP int + 8-9% reduce chance to be disrupted...it doesn't do anything. Your best bet is to just raise your DPS and hope to get lucky.

Ads
Raefar

Post#49 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:49 pm

Anyone have a complete change list for the magus? Asking because I didn't play one on live but I noticed the Pet tool tips do not explain what each one does IE:

Red: Increase range
Flamer: damage stack doesn't decease till you are further than 80ft vs (30ft?) like the others.
Blue: Increase dodge disrupt by 5% per stack, capping at 40% however decrease range by 50%?

Waaghaa

Post#50 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: I've tried everything...way over CAP int + 8-9% reduce chance to be disrupted...it doesn't do anything. Your best bet is to just raise your DPS and hope to get lucky.
I dont know how to raise that, I thought that INT had something to do with our "dot" damage, as it dont, how can it be raised?
Spoiler: