Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Looking for THE build

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Panodil

Re: [Magus] Looking for THE build

Post#71 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:45 pm

Just go ST and kill stuff, disrupt is not a big problem unless you spam aoe dots everywhere..ofc you will get alot of disrupt if you put aoe dots on everything.
Dot,Dot, BoC, SVF and then one tick of IFoC and most targets are dead if in a group assisting each other. Can also sit in keep on defence and pick of puggies. If you go solo roam stack that toughness and try to take on some mdps, its kinda fun.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads
Darks63

Post#72 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:05 pm

catholicism198 wrote:
Darks63 wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:
Engi has no issues at the moment except lack of heal debuff and the gigantic nerf to keg maybe...it's still possible to dominate everything except a coordinated 6 man.

Magus on the other hand...is fluff at it's finest at the moment.
I guess my main issue atm is gear and levels then since im Rank 33 RR39. Hopefully with more gear and the full range of abilities it will get even better not that i hate the class even now. Your right about the magus though I was leveling mine after the changes got 4 disrupts in a row vs grey mobs it was very disheartening.
Don't hold your breath. Mine is at 40/62 with soft capped- or close to- intelligence and minus disrupt chance gear, but I still get a seemingly endless amount of disrupt messages.
The only time you get to even attempt to pull off your S/T rotation (at max (non-fluff) damage) is during SCs or Keep Sieges- even then it's success rate is ****.
It's easier to just spam Firestorm.
I meant my engie was 33 i stopped my magus at 16 since the disrupt change seemed like a pretty hefty nerf overall.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Akalukz

Post#73 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:06 pm

Nerf Magus.
-= Agony =-

eVren

Post#74 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:04 am

Hi, most of my spells from change line and havoc line the distance range fluctuate 100 to 125 and 65 to 81 respectively.
Anyone experience this problem?

Glorian

Post#75 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:26 am

eVren wrote:Hi, most of my spells from change line and havoc line the distance range fluctuate 100 to 125 and 65 to 81 respectively.
Anyone experience this problem?
These are the Turret/Deamon buffs.

Pink gives Range for example.
Search the Forum a little for the changes. Or when you log in there is a message to type .abex or something similiar to see the changes on your class from live.

eVren

Post#76 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:10 am

thanks

Crumbs

Post#77 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:23 am

Both engi and magus are in a bad place, engi has no use vs a good team except group damage tactics. Because people’s “claims” about Armor pots nullifying an engis damage is actually true. You will do no damage, and killing pugs don’t count. Every time I’ve fired off a boc or any of the magus’ equivalent spells, Ive done more damage than on my engi. Highest I’ve crit on pugs with snipe is 2.3k. Vs armoured (armored can literally be anyone not just tanks) it’ll barely be a 1200-1400 crit tops with 500ws 40% crit and 1100 bs. Every single time I’ve crit with magus boc unless the target had rediculous resists or guard, it’s been for at least 2k. I’ve even had blue fire crit for 2.2k on pugs. Also magus can fire off a surging violet fire after basically every cast + crit damage modifiers and you have an instant cast that Crits for 1.2k + on a 3 sec cooldown that you can also skip gcds with.

I remember someone comparing ifoc to FF saying that FF was way faster yada yada. I’ve had IFOC do more damage in one single tick, than an entire FF stream. Engi is no faster than a magus. Magus’ real weakness is... you’ll never actually hit anything. Literally
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Tankbeardz

Post#78 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:23 pm

Crumbs wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:23 am Both engi and magus are in a bad place, engi has no use vs a good team except group damage tactics. Because people’s “claims” about Armor pots nullifying an engis damage is actually true. You will do no damage, and killing pugs don’t count. Every time I’ve fired off a boc or any of the magus’ equivalent spells, Ive done more damage than on my engi. Highest I’ve crit on pugs with snipe is 2.3k. Vs armoured (armored can literally be anyone not just tanks) it’ll barely be a 1200-1400 crit tops with 500ws 40% crit and 1100 bs. Every single time I’ve crit with magus boc unless the target had rediculous resists or guard, it’s been for at least 2k. I’ve even had blue fire crit for 2.2k on pugs. Also magus can fire off a surging violet fire after basically every cast + crit damage modifiers and you have an instant cast that Crits for 1.2k + on a 3 sec cooldown that you can also skip gcds with.

I remember someone comparing ifoc to FF saying that FF was way faster yada yada. I’ve had IFOC do more damage in one single tick, than an entire FF stream. Engi is no faster than a magus. Magus’ real weakness is... you’ll never actually hit anything. Literally
Neither class was ever any good at killing organized groups. Sure your snipe doesn't hit as hard but if you are ST spec you can also throw in phosphorus shells and hip shot into your finisher rotation and you can get it all of before a magus can. I have been playing magnet + snipe for lols lately and the finishers work fine even without phos shells. If you are having trouble killing most people you are doing it wrong.

Ads
Crumbs

Post#79 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:56 am

Tankbeardz wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:23 pm
Crumbs wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:23 am Both engi and magus are in a bad place, engi has no use vs a good team except group damage tactics. Because people’s “claims” about Armor pots nullifying an engis damage is actually true. You will do no damage, and killing pugs don’t count. Every time I’ve fired off a boc or any of the magus’ equivalent spells, Ive done more damage than on my engi. Highest I’ve crit on pugs with snipe is 2.3k. Vs armoured (armored can literally be anyone not just tanks) it’ll barely be a 1200-1400 crit tops with 500ws 40% crit and 1100 bs. Every single time I’ve crit with magus boc unless the target had rediculous resists or guard, it’s been for at least 2k. I’ve even had blue fire crit for 2.2k on pugs. Also magus can fire off a surging violet fire after basically every cast + crit damage modifiers and you have an instant cast that Crits for 1.2k + on a 3 sec cooldown that you can also skip gcds with.

Neither class was ever any good at killing organized groups. Sure your snipe doesn't hit as hard but if you are ST spec you can also throw in phosphorus shells and hip shot into your finisher rotation and you can get it all of before a magus can. I have been playing magnet + snipe for lols lately and the finishers work fine even without phos shells. If you are having trouble killing most people you are doing it wrong.
Yes they both aren’t that good at organised groups, however a magus is much better at damage and burst and always will be.
For a max damage close range rotation, Magus fires off boc (3k+dmg), Surge of insanity(1.3k+), surging violet (1.3k+), and ifoc (1.3k+ per tic) and then you use 3s surging violet fire again for a potential 1.3k again. You can make all of this damage land almost all at once up until the last surging violet. That’s a potential 8k 1-2s time stamped burst follows by another 1.3k 2 seconds later. Don’t get me started on m2 and throwing blue mutating Fire in the mix.

Show me a engi rotation that even comes close to doing that much damage/burst. No engi can reach that burst potential, even if every one of their hits was just crits, it wouldn’t beat it. Also just FYI I pretended as if the magus landed all of their attacks and crits, which normally would never happen ofc.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Tankbeardz

Post#80 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 am

Crumbs wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:56 am
Tankbeardz wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:23 pm

Yes they both aren’t that good at organised groups, however a magus is much better at damage and burst and always will be.
For a max damage close range rotation, Magus fires off boc (3k+dmg), Surge of insanity(1.3k+), surging violet (1.3k+), and ifoc (1.3k+ per tic) and then you use 3s surging violet fire again for a potential 1.3k again. You can make all of this damage land almost all at once up until the last surging violet. That’s a potential 8k 1-2s time stamped burst follows by another 1.3k 2 seconds later. Don’t get me started on m2 and throwing blue mutating Fire in the mix.

Show me a engi rotation that even comes close to doing that much damage/burst. No engi can reach that burst potential, even if every one of their hits was just crits, it wouldn’t beat it. Also just FYI I pretended as if the magus landed all of their attacks and crits, which normally would never happen ofc.
1 Word - Disrupt. Magus used to be way better and long distance burst. Engi is now king.