Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen set

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Osred

Re: Chosen set

Post#21 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Can you take us through the process you go through to extract and re apply the textures. Id like to see something you personally changed in a texture reimplemented.

For example, a bright pink smiley face atop a breastplate on a chosen armor asset.
Last edited by Osred on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Ads
Paura

Post#22 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:58 pm

Osred wrote:Can you take us through the process you go through to extract and re apply the textures.
soon I upload a video with re-made mounts

qwerty113

Post#23 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Spoiler:
Its more the textures being used by the client arent individual texture files available in the folder unpacked. Theyre packed and compressed into the myp files. I'm well aware of photoshop, 3dsmax/Maya etc.

I'm wondering how hes managed to get a model into the a game filetype not fully understood yet, fully textured.

edit:
Collateral wrote: He is not implementing anything into the game, he can't do that without access to the client. I'm pretty sure it's just photoshop.
Just seen this. Thanks for clarifying Paura. It just got my hopes up is all.[/quote]

I have now access on all the texture of the game, and I can implement everything......... like this

Image[/quote]
This guy have potential, give him a chance !
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

szejoza

Post#24 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:32 pm

I'll take everything back once I see what you want to do exactly and how you do it, cause as you said yourself, you want to work on a textures, yet you are showing work that is not your own.
I get it, it's a concept, but you just mixed 3 images from different sources and didn't even photobashed or edited them to look original. And concepting is pretty far from texturing

Note about reusing GW stuff, it's risky here, it was brought up in some other topics about using TW:Warhammer models etc. that even if GW is fine with devs giving a life to an already dead game they might not be blind if we were to have TW models in here as it is their milking cow atm.

About polycount - just look at the fur on the shoulders, each small batch of the fur is a separate plane, and the whole back looks like it, probably the polycount of such character (not to mention more detailed armor and body) would be a couple of times bigger than what we have now. Another thing are normal maps, they need resources too, but even for the sake of server, if we were to have just stylized textures without normal maps then it would take ages to redo everything to be matching to the general style. Honestly, if we will have access to stuff like that we would be better off fixing existing textures so they tile properly(lava in TM is terrible, and it's reused in tons of other places)

I'm off, I'll wait patiently to see your work and will apologize if it fits the theme, maybe I underestimated your skill, but we will see
Spoiler:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#25 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:29 pm

What is commonly referred to as Client Control is the ability for the team to send out client patches, where modifications like this are pushed via the patcher to everyone involved. We can certainly modify myp stuff, but that doesn't mean we're going to leave it as an open download for people that want it. Stuff will either be patched for everyone, or for no one.

Client Control also implies that if you're logging onto the server, we will be doing hash checks to make sure your version of the client matches ours, so side-modifications like this will be invalidated and overwritten. Certainly a good thing to experiment with and be familiar in how to do the modifications, but don't expect them to last very long once we start checking for things.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Paura

Post#26 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:06 pm

wargrimnir wrote:What is commonly referred to as Client Control is the ability for the team to send out client patches, where modifications like this are pushed via the patcher to everyone involved. We can certainly modify myp stuff, but that doesn't mean we're going to leave it as an open download for people that want it. Stuff will either be patched for everyone, or for no one.

Client Control also implies that if you're logging onto the server, we will be doing hash checks to make sure your version of the client matches ours, so side-modifications like this will be invalidated and overwritten. Certainly a good thing to experiment with and be familiar in how to do the modifications, but don't expect them to last very long once we start checking for things.
Of course, the changes I make are just graphic editing, I do not add animations, so I do not change the Hash but keep the existing ones, all I do is for fun purposes only, I completely agree with you.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#27 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:36 pm

I for one welcome our new Archaon overlord.

Tesq

Post#28 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:29 am

pau fammi uno scudo per chosen che sia grande e che nn abbia un buco nel mezzo come quello della epic quest degli elfi please , scommetto che è per quello che i mi chosen c'ha solo un 28% di blocco xD

Ads
Paura

Post#29 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:25 am

Tesq wrote:pau fammi uno scudo per chosen che sia grande e che nn abbia un buco nel mezzo come quello della epic quest degli elfi please , scommetto che è per quello che i mi chosen c'ha solo un 28% di blocco xD
:D

Darosh
Banned

Post#30 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Please tell me that this helmet never makes it into the game ~ it'd be horrible to be forced to reroll chosen. .-.