Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen set

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Osred

Re: Chosen set

Post#11 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:45 am

Spoiler:
Collateral wrote:
Osred wrote:The important question is how is he getting it into the game in the first place. I dont believe even the devs know how, as I'm personallly interested in updating the existing textures of armor.

And yes, that helmet is clearly DE stuff. The armor is from one of the chaos generals in TW warhammer.
There's a thing called photoshop ;)
Its more the textures being used by the client arent individual texture files available in the folder unpacked. Theyre packed and compressed into the myp files. I'm well aware of photoshop, 3dsmax/Maya etc.

I'm wondering how hes managed to get a model into the a game filetype not fully understood yet, fully textured.
edit:
Collateral wrote:
Osred wrote:Digress. What software are you using to model, texture, rig and implement that into the game. I believe the devs were wondering how in order to update the textures.

ps. pls use the snippet software that comes with windows to take a screenshot.
He is not implementing anything into the game, he can't do that without access to the client. I'm pretty sure it's just photoshop.
Just seen this. Thanks for clarifying Paura. It just got my hopes up is all.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Ads
mogt

Post#12 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:55 am

that is photoshop.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#13 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:04 pm

But if open .myp is possible edit to more qualit?

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#14 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Alfinnete wrote:But if open .myp is possible edit to more qualit?
I think yes, but for yourself only.
Devs refused to change game files for many many times....
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!

szejoza

Post#15 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:50 pm

model like that is quite high-poly, add to that normal maps and we have the 'how to lower your and your enemy fps to 0 using a warband of chosens'
and there is something that is the uniformity of style, if we were ever to implement stuff like that into game then whole game would have to be redone to have the matching quality (just look at the boots)

not to mention the bad client optimisation :d

edit: I knew I have seen it somewhere, stealing other people artwork is bad, if you ever want to work as an artist drop it immidiately
Spoiler:

qwerty113

Post#16 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:13 pm

szejoza wrote:model like that is quite high-poly, add to that normal maps and we have the 'how to lower your and your enemy fps to 0 using a warband of chosens'
and there is something that is the uniformity of style, if we were ever to implement stuff like that into game then whole game would have to be redone to have the matching quality (just look at the boots)

edit: I knew I have seen it somewhere, stealing other people artwork is bad, if you ever want to work as an artist drop it immidiately
Holly **** this is so epic !!!!!!!!!! Make some for wh or bw
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Paura

Post#17 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:14 pm

Osred wrote:
Spoiler:
Collateral wrote:
Osred wrote:The important question is how is he getting it into the game in the first place. I dont believe even the devs know how, as I'm personallly interested in updating the existing textures of armor.

And yes, that helmet is clearly DE stuff. The armor is from one of the chaos generals in TW warhammer.
There's a thing called photoshop ;)
Its more the textures being used by the client arent individual texture files available in the folder unpacked. Theyre packed and compressed into the myp files. I'm well aware of photoshop, 3dsmax/Maya etc.

I'm wondering how hes managed to get a model into the a game filetype not fully understood yet, fully textured.
edit:
Collateral wrote:
Osred wrote:Digress. What software are you using to model, texture, rig and implement that into the game. I believe the devs were wondering how in order to update the textures.

ps. pls use the snippet software that comes with windows to take a screenshot.
He is not implementing anything into the game, he can't do that without access to the client. I'm pretty sure it's just photoshop.
Just seen this. Thanks for clarifying Paura. It just got my hopes up is all.
I have now access on all the texture of the game, and I can implement everything......... like this

Paura

Post#18 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:30 pm

szejoza wrote:model like that is quite high-poly, add to that normal maps and we have the 'how to lower your and your enemy fps to 0 using a warband of chosens'

I did not need your lessons, just read the post, I wrote that it was a concept to show that I can change the textures, learn the respect

Ads
Collateral

Post#19 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:47 pm

It's not stealing, it's modding. While I agree that modding is a pretty loose term, there are so many mods out there that borrow assets, no one really knows where the boundary of 'stealing' is.

Also, as far as my knowledge of games goes, this can't increase the poly count on meshes, it's impossible. This is a texture, nothing else. But of course, the higher the resolution and quality, the more memory it takes to process. So while szejoza mixed himself up a bit, it's true that better textures will effect performance. Of course, you could introduce new meshes as well, but I'm fairly certain that requires client control. Same goes for textures probably.

Paura

Post#20 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Collateral wrote:It's not stealing, it's modding. While I agree that modding is a pretty loose term, there are so many mods out there that borrow assets, no one really knows where the boundary of 'stealing' is.

Also, as far as my knowledge of games goes, this can't increase the poly count on meshes, it's impossible. This is a texture, nothing else. But of course, the higher the resolution and quality, the more memory it takes to process. So while szejoza mixed himself up a bit, it's true that better textures will effect performance. Of course, you could introduce new meshes as well, but I'm fairly certain that requires client control. Same goes for textures probably.
Client control is not necessary