Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] So many questions, where to begin.

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
szejoza

Re: [Chosen] So many questions, where to begin.

Post#11 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:54 pm

Avatarbob wrote: 3. I've read about caps on stats, can someone elaborate? Is there an actual stat cap? If so, is it a hard cap, or is this merely diminishing returns at work?
The soft stats cap is your level*25+50, so at 40 it's 40*25+50=1050, at 18 it's 500 (18*25+50), after that the bonus you get from stats is greatly reduced (don't remember the value tho), don't know if there is a hardcap for stats
Spoiler:

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#12 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Tesq wrote: call me when you wanna do this; also what about a rending blade wb :D
That'd require four choppas, or Blorc's (they got the CD reduction now, too, no?).
It'd break the Chaos schtick and reduce the amount of Rending Blade-ness, but the other
twenty, furiously spinning and bunnyhopping tin-can's would have a great time spamming away. :D

footpatrol2

Post#13 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:35 pm

Collateral wrote: You are playing the strongest destro tank
That is subjective.

There is A TON of reason's to run 2 chosen's in a group especially if the two chosen's are not spec'd the same as their aura's will be stronger. If you wish to be optimal, the two chosen's need to take complimentary spec's in accordance to each other depending on what you want to do with your group comp. Running two chosen's spec'd optimally for max stat contribution will not be the suggested cookie cutter spec. Because the cookie cutter spec is in assumption that you'll only bring 1 chosen.

The aura mechanic get's fairly complicated when you are running 2 aura tanks in a group, especially if the aura tanks pick up the additional spec aura's which will provide the group comp access to 9 different aura's. A lot of those spec aura's are situationally good. The aura tanks need to communicate to each other when they are swapping aura's and need to have the foresight on when to swap to one of the situationally good spec aura's. You need to communicate to the other aura tank on swapping aura's so you don't accidentally run redundant aura's.

gke96

Post#14 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:37 pm

Collateral wrote:
You can look at bane shield as a damage ability. Those abilities stack obviously. So yes, if you had 10 chosens with bane shield up, everyone would take damage from each chosen, because they are different instances of the damage ability. Same thing applies to DoTs.
Bane shield doesnt stack currently. They only refresh each other. Also 1 bane shield can only hit 5 times max (every2 seconds)(without tactic). It has a 2 second internal cooldown on the friendly target buffed, not on the enemy. Its trash ability overall.
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

footpatrol2

Post#15 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Chosen's with dire shielding tactic stacks. Run 8 chosen's in a warband time your dire shielding and your pushing out a lot of passive damage. That's chaos warband trick stuff thou.

gke96

Post#16 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 pm

footpatrol2 wrote:Chosen's with dire shielding tactic stacks. Run 8 chosen's in a warband time your dire shielding and your pushing out a lot of passive damage. That's chaos warband trick stuff thou.
It doesnt. I tested it only a month ago or something you are just running off your mouth randomly
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

gke96

Post#17 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:50 pm

footpatrol2 wrote:
Collateral wrote: You are playing the strongest destro tank
That is subjective.

There is A TON of reason's to run 2 chosen's in a group especially if the two chosen's are not spec'd the same as their aura's will be stronger. If you wish to be optimal, the two chosen's need to take complimentary spec's in accordance to each other depending on what you want to do with your group comp. Running two chosen's spec'd optimally for max stat contribution will not be the suggested cookie cutter spec. Because the cookie cutter spec is in assumption that you'll only bring 1 chosen.

The aura mechanic get's fairly complicated when you are running 2 aura tanks in a group, especially if the aura tanks pick up the additional spec aura's which will provide the group comp access to 9 different aura's. A lot of those spec aura's are situationally good. The aura tanks need to communicate to each other when they are swapping aura's and need to have the foresight on when to swap to one of the situationally good spec aura's. You need to communicate to the other aura tank on swapping aura's so you don't accidentally run redundant aura's.
For warbands 2 Chosen in same group is a good option. But absolutely trash idea for 6man. Chosen nerfed hard dont have too much utility atm and no damage to begin with. You need the extra damage from 2nd tank

Chosen+BO , Chosen + damageBG , utilityBG + BO are the only 3 possible setups

Any 6man with 2 chosen is a fail setup
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

Collateral

Post#18 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:55 pm

gke96 wrote:
Collateral wrote:
You can look at bane shield as a damage ability. Those abilities stack obviously. So yes, if you had 10 chosens with bane shield up, everyone would take damage from each chosen, because they are different instances of the damage ability. Same thing applies to DoTs.
Bane shield doesnt stack currently. They only refresh each other. Also 1 bane shield can only hit 5 times max (every2 seconds)(without tactic). It has a 2 second internal cooldown on the friendly target buffed, not on the enemy. Its trash ability overall.
What do you mean exactly? So if 2 chosens both have bane shield up and say a bw hits them with aoe, he won't take 200 spirit dmg (just hypothetically)? It's kinda pointless that it has an icd, especially 2 seconds. I didn't think it was a great ability, I just didn't expect it to be that bad.

Ads
gke96

Post#19 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:57 pm

Collateral wrote:
gke96 wrote:
Collateral wrote:
What do you mean exactly? So if 2 chosens both have bane shield up and say a bw hits them with aoe, he won't take 200 spirit dmg (just hypothetically)? It's kinda pointless that it has an icd, especially 2 seconds. I didn't think it was a great ability, I just didn't expect it to be that bad.
Can only be used in 1v1 or when you are really free. Otherwise it isnt worth GCD

I get 2 chosen with dire shield. I used bane shield on first one, then the 2nd one. It only refreshed the buff that was on us and didnt add a new one. Do u get it now?
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

footpatrol2

Post#20 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:57 pm

Dire shielding used to stack on this server and should. That's just RoR fixing things that ain't broken which they do often.
gke96 wrote: Chosen+BO , Chosen + damageBG , utilityBG + BO are the only 3 possible setups
I use two BO's in 6 man's and I do quite well in most situations.
Last edited by footpatrol2 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.