Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] So many questions, where to begin.

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
szejoza

Re: [Chosen] So many questions, where to begin.

Post#31 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:51 am

Avatarbob wrote:Thanks, I've got some decisions to make at end game it seems. Though now I wonder how hard it is to hit those caps. Gear scaling in this game is still unknown to me. I also imagine it gets more complicated with the chosen's aura choices in unison with gear...
No idea how it is for chosen and what spec you will be aiming for but hitting soft cap at 40 with KoTBS (Chosen mirror) is pretty hard, even with having access to Runefang tactic (+240 STR/WS/INI stats), I'm far from being geared towards the cap but my wild guess is that it's much harder than on other pure dps/healing classes (well, maybe except for Toughness which might be easy to get as a full defensive SnB tank with proper talis).
Of course you can do some mix of item sets for flat stats bonuses if you wish later on r see how the stat difference affects your gameplay, overall, don't be afraid to experiment with your character as you level, nobody asks you to play cookie cutter build straight from level 16, have fun with the game.

Link to the item sets and their stats for chosen if you are into doing some math, you can always make a spreadsheet beforehand to see what items you will be aiming for ^^
https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... Equipments
Spoiler:

Ads

Re: [Chosen] So many questions, where to begin.

Post#32 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:46 am

Thanks for the link :)

I don't know where my journey will take me; I'm still deciding of what kind of Chosen fits me the best. So far Tank has been very optimal, but I also know that a 2-handed dps build of sorts would definitely be a route worth exploring. Each build will definitely have a different emphasis.

As with other MMOs, there is always a certain stat that needs to be addressed first - normally hit rating. This of course is for the PvE scene. For PvP I'm sure I will need to do a completely different mix of stats based on build type. Some of this might be looking into how armor pen works vs how much the average end game tank walks around with. How much weapon skill is too much? how much block/parry/dodge is necessary for Chosen to not get wrecked by high lvl players. Theres a lot I will have to play around with. And we haven't even gotten into visual aesthetic! lol

Also, a tactic that gives 240 to all stats, holy heck! :shock: