Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Monstrosity Spec

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GeiztZwei

[Marauder] Monstrosity Spec

Post#1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Wanting to try something different with my Mara and want to know if there is a viable Monstrosity Spec that works with soloing. Wanting to see how the healing/armor pierce resist in Monstrosity works maybe going more defensive.
I know leaving out CC is a big no no, but just want to try to change it up a bit.

Thanks, also which tactics would be helpful as well.

Ads
diedrake

Re: [Marauder] Monstrosity Spec

Post#2 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am

Main issue with monsto solo, pvp wise, is that yes you are way more survivable but ypur damage output is not so great. If running solo you want to kill the oppenent fast b4 backup arrives. I am sure you already know that though.

Test it out though if u like it cool :) not in game and its been a min sense i have played mine in the lakes. I have him as grind bot when i am low on money or tali making items.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:24 am

When it comes to oRvR i realized all im gonna be doing is throwing out AoE and waiting for great fang or Flames of fate CC/Sever Nerve to be up

because im not really bothering with trying for solo pick off vs premades and warbands

So i went this full retard build: http://www.ror.builders/career/marauder ... ,5188,5187

diedrake

Post#4 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:34 pm

RoR.builders - Marauder

I would try this out personally

Tactics: flanking, piercing bite,growing instability, and hulking brute.

I think it work with crit gear with toughness tallis if u dont have conc.

I did sometging like this in a small grp that the other mara was claw spec
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

billziegler

Post#5 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:20 am

I was messing around w a mostly monstro build, but went into brut for mutated aggresor.. just looking for feedback on that vs the insane whispers tactic i gave up to buy mutated aggress. which is preferred? i just run RvR lakes, havent done a scenario on this server yet..RoR.builders - Marauder

Haojin

Post#6 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:08 am

Spoiler:
billziegler wrote:I was messing around w a mostly monstro build, but went into brut for mutated aggresor.. just looking for feedback on that vs the insane whispers tactic i gave up to buy mutated aggress. which is preferred? i just run RvR lakes, havent done a scenario on this server yet..RoR.builders - Marauder
is it a bad joke or what ?
Take an xmas break
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Shooshpanzerer

Post#7 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:03 am

my pick - full power level
RoR.builders - Marauder

40/40
RoR.builders - Marauder

billziegler

Post#8 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:28 am

Haojin wrote:
billziegler wrote:I was messing around w a mostly monstro build, but went into brut for mutated aggresor.. just looking for feedback on that vs the insane whispers tactic i gave up to buy mutated aggress. which is preferred? i just run RvR lakes, havent done a scenario on this server yet..RoR.builders - Marauder
is it a bad joke or what ?
So, instead of trying to be helpful and lend some advice, you add a snide, condescending remark that means nothing and simply shows what? Thanks, you can go now.

Ads
Axerker

Post#9 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:49 pm

If you're planning on going 1v1 with Monstro, keep in mind that you should always be using Ferocious Assault for +STR/TOU. I believe as you put more points in the tree, the bonus gets higher (I think its Base 125 each at Lv 40, so it will probably get at least +1 stat per point in the tree, but I would guess between 2-4 per point [if its 3, that's 18x3 = 54 + 125 = 179].

This means your gear can reliably require about 200 less than cap (1050 - 200 = 850), so you can spread your points more, instead of aiming to reach 1050 Strength.

Your 1v1 strategy will pretty much be timing CC's as perfectly as you can (depending on target), standing behind the enemy to avoid Block/Parry, and spamming Flail until they die. Make sure to always keep Corruption up and Tainted Claw if they are a healer (otherwise it isn't worth the stance-dancing, in my opinion).

There's a few videos around of players fighting some Monstro Marauders (I think Volgograd has one in one of his recent videos) where the Monstro Marauder barely loses the trade. Search for them, check out their gear on Armory, and send them a message in game to discuss their build. :)

billziegler

Post#10 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:10 am

Not planning on doing 1v1, or even scenarios, mostly just massive war. Still wondering about the value of Insane Whispers VS the Mutated Aggressor buff. I like the passive, always there effect from the tactic, curious about it's value though, against trying to throw another button into a relatively fast rotation. Does the 10 sec duration hobble Mutated's value?