Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Monstrosity Spec

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
roadkillrobin

Re: [Marauder] Monstrosity Spec

Post#21 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Darosh wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:Wreckingball is extremly good utillity tool for procing morale/ap drains. At 4+ Mara in your warband with the tactic procs it becomes one of the best skills in the game for AoE combat as the advantage you gain vs the enemy is gamebreaking.

Channeled abilites are too easy for any a smart order to shut down
I wish that was a standard that one could nonchalantly apply... However, on the topic of countering it:
Multiple mdps slotting riposte in anticipation of it and/or KotBS with thorns-esque builds > interrupting it, I've seen Maras timestamping themselves by 'accident'.
Riposte got a ICD a while back (Why i stoped using it on my AoE build on choppa). The ICD is located on the class with Riposte slotted rather then the attacker so it can only proc 1 time during the ICD even if multuple classes attack the player with the slotted tactic. It's complete garabage tactic except for situational 1v1.

As for Kotbs OYG aura, it's had a ICD since live and the reason they gave back then they used Marauders as a convinient example why it was needed coz if a Mara (or any AoE melee ability) would AoE on muliple targets with OYG they took more damage back then they dished out themself.

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#22 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:
Darosh wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:

Channeled abilites are too easy for any a smart order to shut down
I wish that was a standard that one could nonchalantly apply... However, on the topic of countering it:
Multiple mdps slotting riposte in anticipation of it and/or KotBS with thorns-esque builds > interrupting it, I've seen Maras timestamping themselves by 'accident'.
Riposte got a ICD a while back (Why i stoped using it on my AoE build on choppa). The ICD is located on the class with Riposte slotted rather then the attacker so it can only proc 1 time during the ICD even if multuple classes attack the player with the slotted tactic. It's complete garabage tactic except for situational 1v1.

As for Kotbs OYG aura, it's had a ICD since live and the reason they gave back then they used Marauders as a convinient example why it was needed coz if a Mara (or any AoE melee ability) would AoE on muliple targets with OYG they took more damage back then they dished out themself.
Yeah, I should have noted that I am going by live memories ~ order wbs on RoR barely if ever run mdps, so even without the ICD on Riposte (didn't use the tactic on RoR yet, ICD sounds nasty tho) the thing would not see much use, its something that only properly works in bulk either way.

roadkillrobin

Post#23 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:48 pm

ICD should be placed on attacker rather then defender in the case for Riposte (if any at all)

Prayers/Covenants and BW/Sorc buffs with ICD should be placed on defender rather then attacker. Its a complete mess right now which making tons of stuff useless.

Theres just less and less of viable class builds around. Kinda kills the fun imo.

Renork

Post#24 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Riposte has an ICD?

Panzerkasper

Post#25 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:11 pm

Renork wrote:Riposte has an ICD?
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/9762

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#26 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:12 pm

...so it doesnt have an icd?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Panzerkasper

Post#27 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:11 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:...so it doesnt have an icd?
Why do you think 99% of the WHs on this server are running repel Blasphemy? Or solo slayers are so successfull?

I already talked about Riposte a few months ago and that it is indeed overperforming the way it is right now, but it got waved aside as 1vs1 issue, wich ofc doesnt matter for balance.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#28 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 pm

I know why people run it. Was confused as to why people were saying it had an icd when its common knowledge it does not.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
kindred4080

Post#29 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:15 am

Guys, so is it possible to run solo in a fun Surv build (Full Dominator+Genesis Everlasting, using 3rd tree) and kill the overwhelming amount of Guardian WL?
Shoom - Marauder
Nobguzzlah - Black Orc
Proud member of "No Remorse" :)

Dajciekrwi

Post#30 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:35 am

Change Crit for Parry and use Riposte on Groving Instability place. Maybe then You will have 0.001 chances :)