Recent Topics

Ads

Need some help with zealot

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fireworks184

Need some help with zealot

Post#1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:02 am

Hey there guys! I am new to the WAR and seeing that I love support classes I decided to roll as a zealot. Can someone of you upstanding fellows help me with a guide, a build or maybe some tips on how to play better with this class. Thanks in advance.

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Re: Need some help with zealot

Post#2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Fireworks184 wrote:Hey there guys! I am new to the WAR and seeing that I love support classes I decided to roll as a zealot. Can someone of you upstanding fellows help me with a guide, a build or maybe some tips on how to play better with this class. Thanks in advance.
You might want to elaborate as to what you are struggling with.

In essence it comes down to general (positional) awareness, micro management and build up of burstheal (i.e.: pure gheal or flashheal =! healing), defensive stack (i.e.: armor, wounds and -ctbc [chance to be crit] stack), min-max via mix-n-match, macro management of hots (i.e.: not everyone needs 24/7 attention, or to be topped off 24/7 with AP costly heals), some AP regen stack and an effort to group up.

Look up Volgograd's healing guide for RP - 99% can be copied onto a zealot - if you fancy it.

Don't get used to pugging, and don't judge your performance based on healing pugs ~ they tend to play like utter ****; headless chicken simulator. If they shittalk you, just ignore it ... most pugs hardly unterstand what the ever loving **** they are doing and vent their frustration on supports, rather than upping their game.
Now, mind you, if someone is properly assisted on by +2 decent dps, you won't be able to singlehandedly heal through it (especially unguarded targets), so don't be too picky on yourself.
Learn to anticipate bursts and to drop your efforts (= save AP) to recover once someone gets instagibbed.
Don't rez unless you can afford it, healing healer > rezzing healer, no point rezzing one (often badly playing) pug if the rest of your team dies for it.
Make an effort to learn mechanics and roles ~ you rather rez and keep a tank alive than a dps, with a tank you can more often than not recover... with a dps you just keep on giving away freenown, essentially.
Make sure to help your folks peel for you, don't run mindlessly away ~ prekite, but don't kite towards IC, your tank really wants to guardswap for you; if a tank (-dps duo) has chase after you, you'll lose momentum and eventually get yourselves killed.
Trust your offhealer, your tanks and your dps, get into voice chat and farm pugs.

Fireworks184

Post#3 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:50 pm

I am looking mostly for healing tips and builds that I could use, like where do I put my points, what spells are mostly used. Noob stuff like that :lol:

oioigitface
Banned

Post#4 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:01 pm

Spec for stagger, ap ritual in left tree and 3rd tactic in the right tree(absorb one), rr futile strikes 3, quick escape 1

oioigitface
Banned

Post#5 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:02 pm

Also, dont use dark medicine, keep your hots up all the time, use group heal as a filler to proc your heal buff

Noiree

Post#6 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:37 pm

- Never underestimate the power of hots - keep them up and spread. They do more healing than you think.
- Learn careers - know who needs more attention than others and who is capable of damaging you more than others.
- Observe debuffs and positioning of your people - learn to see when healing will be needed before it is actually needed.
- Determine worth - learn to see who is worth of getting healed or even deserves special treatment. Rather let a low lvl die than the super killer uber-dps sorc next to you.
- Learn to run - when a fight is lost, go away before others decide you are good target (I fail at this sooo much...)
- Hide and Seek - avoiding damage is better than outhealing it.
- Gear up - good choices on your gear can help mask other problems.
- Fellow players - always memorize names of helpful players, like range dps actually taking care of peels, tanks coming back to guard you and healers who support you and not just their grp.
- Cross-healing is important - the other grp needs also help, not just your grp. Dmg spikes are hard to compensate so try to assist your fellow healers as they do for you.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

anarchypark

Post#7 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:12 pm

RoR.builders - Zealot
keep moving while using Tzeentch's Cordial and Flash of Chaos. HoT is pre-healing.
and long cast heals as emergency healing.
for stagger or aoe KB, You need 'buffhead' addon to avoid CC immune target.
and 'enemy' addon for better heal tagetting.
addons on the wiki.( or search idrinth tool )
I think it's enough for new player.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)