Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder gear?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
karuthebear

Marauder gear?

Post#1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:45 am

Hi friends, just about to hit 40 on my marauder and haven't really taken the time to do a bunch of research on gear sets yet. I've seen multiple specs, but haven't seen what to actually wear or how to obtain it (guessing RR). I've seen the split spec where you debuff and then switch forms to dmg, the aoe morale drain specs, and the just straight crit damage builds...what would I wear if I wanted to do the debuff/dmg spec or the high crit/straight dmg spec?

Ads
diedrake

Re: Marauder gear?

Post#2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:52 am

Damage is conc gear more survival is dominator aka sc gear.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Akilinus

Post#3 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:23 am

I run with a mix of conq ruin and bl
Playing both st and aoe with that gear
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:26 am

diedrake wrote:Damage is conc gear more survival is dominator aka sc gear.
except you know...there is also beastlord, ruin, gunbad set etc

@op the best way to gear is to mix and match set pieces for maximum strength bonuses from 2/3 piece set combos

diedrake

Post#5 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Sry i am pure pvp player only set thats worth the small grind is bl for the back tink pocket.

Mis matching only good if u want max in stat. In my eyes full set is better then mis matching.

Ruin about the same as anni, GB gear lower then conc, not worth the grind to me. But thats my preferred way i play.

Trinks i either use the tome of knowledge set and either offence or defence gen gear.

Weapons is either sub and after grind of scs the sc weapons
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

diedrake

Post#6 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:28 am

And 3 pc bonus is nice on a mara but the tactic that egnores 50% armor with abil's requiring mutation, dont absolutely need BL gear.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:42 am

diedrake wrote:And 3 pc bonus is nice on a mara but the tactic that egnores 50% armor with abil's requiring mutation, dont absolutely need BL gear.

you know that the weapon skill armor penetration value stacks on top of 50% ignore for piercing bite right? along with the armor ignore for impale back attacks?

in this day and age with everyone and their mother slotting lots of armor tallies have more armor ignore/penetration is a bad thing at all

so there's nothing wrong with doing 4 peice BL for str and WS bonus along with 2 peice conq/ruin etc

diedrake

Post#8 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:55 am

Absolutely nothing wrong with your setup. Gear how u want, main thing is do what you enjoy to do.
My mara hasnt stacked any WS for pvp, currently use him for farm bot, but yes i know the two stack... Mara hasnt changed much at all sense live. But anyhoo off top my head its about 25 or 35% ish armor pen on top of the tactic.

But yes its however you wish to gear up and the means to get there you find enjoyable is most important.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Ads
Akilinus

Post#9 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:12 am

diedrake wrote:Absolutely nothing wrong with your setup. Gear how u want, main thing is do what you enjoy to do.
My mara hasnt stacked any WS for pvp, currently use him for farm bot, but yes i know the two stack... Mara hasnt changed much at all sense live. But anyhoo off top my head its about 25 or 35% ish armor pen on top of the tactic.

But yes its however you wish to gear up and the means to get there you find enjoyable is most important.
Were you not a 100% pure pvper?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

diedrake

Post#10 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:27 pm

I am just about 95% pvper, have to take a break once in awhile to make str/bal/health/ and armor pots.
I played mainly my squiggy lately so mara is farm bot right now for lizard scale. When i make another char squiggy will be my pot maker and be set on the back burner for a bit
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x