Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder Rotation

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
larsulu
Suspended

Re: Marauder Rotation

Post#11 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:29 am

Yardy wrote:Cheers bloke, would never of tried tainted claw first.....i'm always scared of that cleanse. And what about rend? i use it all the time thats probably why i fail? haha (i'm just a scrub)
dont know if is worths using rend ( after the patch that you can " parry " dot dmg ).
i'm pretty sure is bad for 6 premade sc/rvr and u have lots of stuff to use as marauder ( alll debuffs ), also the dps rate of rend is very low ( especially if u are a mdps )
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
Yardy

Post#12 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:33 am

larsulu wrote:
Yardy wrote:Cheers bloke, would never of tried tainted claw first.....i'm always scared of that cleanse. And what about rend? i use it all the time thats probably why i fail? haha (i'm just a scrub)
dont know if is worths using rend ( after the patch that you can " parry " dot dmg ).
i'm pretty sure is bad for 6 premade sc/rvr and u have lots of stuff to use as marauder ( alll debuffs ), also the dps rate of rend is very low ( especially if u are a mdps )
Cheers mate, I figured as much. It's good to get a reason to explain though, makes it good for my brain to understand
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc

Toldavf

Post#13 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:40 am

I mean if you are worried about cleanse by all means leas with a rend worst case scenario you loose a little time.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Npkw

Post#14 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:30 am

Toldavf wrote:So recently after changes I've made an adjustment to my rotation that is working out pretty well so i thought I'd share it with you and i'd like to hear what your running atm and why.

So looking at maximising my damage under the new marauder build i have been using tainted claw first. I know it seems like a weird choice but honestly it's been working out pretty well. The ability its self has 2 key virtues (aside from being a heal debuff) that make it an excellent opener.

Firstly it requires mutation which means you can get some extra damage out of it with piercing bite slotted.

Secondly its cool down is blisteringly short, at only 5 seconds it'd definitely in a great spot when it comes to reapplication. Now i know some people will be looking thinking but what about cleanse, well in a groups setting its perfectly viable to run 2 HD's and more over it's also pretty standard practice to make those debuffs 2nd 3rd or even 4th attacks in some case to avoid cleanse in competitive play. In a pug setting if a pug got cleansed more power to him but that heal debuff will be back in 5 seconds.

So onto the the second part of the rotation the armour debuff. We all know what this is for damage amplification and stealing death blows on high defence targets moving on.

Third in the rotation these days is thunderous blows and the reason for this is very simple we use it now to make use of its huge tool tip damage the debuff is irrelevant for this rotation. Vs very hard targets mind it can still be useful as first debuff but vs a more suitable target you can happily bring in a nice big crit a WL that slips his guard at the wrong time could easily even see 4 digits at this point in the rotation. If at any point also if you find yourself attacking something without guard this skill will always serve you better as the third skill.

4th is draining swipes largely filler dps it's debuff is ok but not what it once was, still wortg having but not at the expense of TB.

5th/6th Debilitate our hard hitting snare, or our heal debuff again which ever you would like generally heal debuff first though.

Special mention goes to our gut ripper which you should use as much as possible.

Then in to brutality! for 4 gcds
7th Pulverise
Because when guillotine gets parried it's upsetting so we should do everything possible to avoid that its also a mutation skill and a damn hard hitting one at that.

8th,9th and 10th Either a guillotine and 2 impales or 3 impales, Gyulotine is self explanitary and if you have read this far i will assume you know what it does, and imape is used because its cheap and better damage than anything you will get in savagery at this point (I'm looking at you flail you have one to many L's in your name)

Back to the beginning.

The key to executing this successfully is to not take them as rules because they are only guidelines. You have to judge each target as you go. Hope it helps and i look forward to being pulled apart or receiving your insight into how its best done.

TLDR
TC>CC>TB>DS>TC>Deb>Brute>Pulv>Gul>Imp>Imp
Thanks mate, interesting reading for sure.

What build do u use for this? Guess u are full conq, but which other gear u use?
ORDER - Npkw (SW)
DESTRO - Tunika (DoK), Pinkman (Mara), Kobelina (WE)

Twitch - www.twitch.tv/vii_tunika

Toldavf

Post#15 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:44 am

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... me=Khorlar My gear looks like that atm.

its pretty decent, i swapped to conq to keep a 2 merc pieces and I'm also running 4 beast lord as the 3rd/4th set bonuses have increased my dps grammatically.

I would like to swap some of my jewels for 2 genesis, but atm RNG is treating me poorly so i will have to wait, or get a tenth cloak :P

I am aiming to get my damage bonus over 230 with my current setup.

biqbox

Post#16 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:52 pm

Toldavf wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:44 am https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... me=Khorlar My gear looks like that atm.

its pretty decent, i swapped to conq to keep a 2 merc pieces and I'm also running 4 beast lord as the 3rd/4th set bonuses have increased my dps grammatically.

I would like to swap some of my jewels for 2 genesis, but atm RNG is treating me poorly so i will have to wait, or get a tenth cloak :P

You seem to have put some thought into Marauders.
I'm a new player and I'm getting my Mara up in levels.
I'm on track with your opener rotation for first few abilites. -heal, -armor, -wounds, cripple etc. What I'm having thoughts about is the final spam or "anytimes/fillers", namely Impale. If I can not 100% flank with Impale, which other attack should I use as a filler? You can't be "filling" that long since debuffs will start to wear off / get dispelled. Is Rend terrible? Is it worth spamming to 3x stacks?

From just looking at it (not high enough lvl to try it) it seems risky to leave Savagery Mut if I can't guarrantee backstabs with Impale. I could see switching to Brut for "execute" with Guillotine.

TL;DR: Is the point to debuff with Sav and sit in Brut for DMG, or can I sit in full Savagery and still kill things?

TenTonHammer

Post#17 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:32 pm

biqbox wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:52 pm If I can not 100% flank with Impale, which other attack should I use as a filler? You can't be "filling" that long since debuffs will start to wear off / get dispelled. Is Rend terrible? Is it worth spamming to 3x stacks?

From just looking at it (not high enough lvl to try it) it seems risky to leave Savagery Mut if I can't guarrantee backstabs with Impale. I could see switching to Brut for "execute" with Guillotine.

TL;DR: Is the point to debuff with Sav and sit in Brut for DMG, or can I sit in full Savagery and still kill things?

You dont need to worry so so much about getting the flank off with impale for its rear armor ignore

your already gonna be ignoring 50% of the targets armor cause impale requires a mutation; furthermore your going to ignore additional armor from your weapon skill penetration along with the armor debuff from cutting claw, on top of all that that you can trigger the brut stance proc for more AA attacks

rend isnt that great of an ability, as its mostly just used to cover debuffs from being cleansed

Toldavf

Post#18 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:29 am

biqbox wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:52 pm
Toldavf wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:44 am https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... me=Khorlar My gear looks like that atm.

I'm on track with your opener rotation for first few abilites. -heal, -armor, -wounds, cripple etc. What I'm having thoughts about is the final spam or "anytimes/fillers", namely Impale. If I can not 100% flank with Impale, which other attack should I use as a filler? You can't be "filling" that long since debuffs will start to wear off / get dispelled. Is Rend terrible? Is it worth spamming to 3x stacks?

Your other spamables basically fall flat damage wise, flail is horrible for anything other than procing your claws, corruption is low damage and a debuff type that is generally redundant because tanks have toughness debuffs that they use and rend is like most melee dots very weak both while applying and while ticking.

I have been known to use one rend when prepping a hard target, but you generally have a fair bit of time to kill those anyway (after all at this point the squishes should be dead). I would never use 3 stacks the damage increase is minimal and a waste of action points. The only time i've ever used more than one is when im messing about in pve.

As Ten said the thing you are looking for with impale is the piercing bite contribution to damage, if you can get the bonus ignore from the rear all the better, but it's not the end of the world as you should be chewing through plenty armour anyway.

And of course you are right leaving sav is a risk because that is where all the front loaded damage is, brutality has good burst under comparatively circumstantial and a very short lived duration (at best 2 gcd's and a borrowed TB then you are down to impale till swap) So timing of when you make the switch is up to you, because mistiming a switch can let a target escape at times.

The trick is to be flexible and open to learning especially from yourself.

Ads
biqbox

Post#19 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:52 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:32 pm
biqbox wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:52 pm If I can not 100% flank with Impale, which other attack should I use as a filler? You can't be "filling" that long since debuffs will start to wear off / get dispelled. Is Rend terrible? Is it worth spamming to 3x stacks?

You dont need to worry so so much about getting the flank off with impale for its rear armor ignore

your already gonna be ignoring 50% of the targets armor cause impale requires a mutation; furthermore your going to ignore additional armor from your weapon skill penetration along with the armor debuff from cutting claw, on top of all that that you can trigger the brut stance proc for more AA attacks

rend isnt that great of an ability, as its mostly just used to cover debuffs from being cleansed
The flat armor bypass from flanking Impale does not seem much when you put it like that :) Thanks for the clarification!

Toldavf wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:44 am

Your other spamables basically fall flat damage wise, flail is horrible for anything other than procing your claws, corruption is low damage and a debuff type that is generally redundant because tanks have toughness debuffs that they use and rend is like most melee dots very weak both while applying and while ticking.

I have been known to use one rend when prepping a hard target, but you generally have a fair bit of time to kill those anyway (after all at this point the squishes should be dead). I would never use 3 stacks the damage increase is minimal and a waste of action points. The only time i've ever used more than one is when im messing about in pve.

As Ten said the thing you are looking for with impale is the piercing bite contribution to damage, if you can get the bonus ignore from the rear all the better, but it's not the end of the world as you should be chewing through plenty armour anyway.

And of course you are right leaving sav is a risk because that is where all the front loaded damage is, brutality has good burst under comparatively circumstantial and a very short lived duration (at best 2 gcd's and a borrowed TB then you are down to impale till swap) So timing of when you make the switch is up to you, because mistiming a switch can let a target escape at times.

Thanks again for the clarification! I suspected that my low level didn't give me the full picture. I'm not yet able to use Piercing Bite tactic etc. So I can pretty much remove Rend, Corruption and Flail from my actionbar? (figuratively speaking)

Skitup

Post#20 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:54 am

biqbox wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:52 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:32 pm

The flat armor bypass from flanking Impale does not seem much when you put it like that :) Thanks for the clarification!

Toldavf wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:44 am

Thanks again for the clarification! I suspected that my low level didn't give me the full picture. I'm not yet able to use Piercing Bite tactic etc. So I can pretty much remove Rend, Corruption and Flail from my actionbar? (figuratively speaking)
I wouldn't remove those, their your spam abilities
Skitup - Marauder 73
Skeej - Black Orc 71
Skeec - Shaman 54
Atf - Sorceress 50