Recent Topics

Ads

Magus RVR WB

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
pistu

Magus RVR WB

Post#1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:32 pm

is better AOE, DOT o HAVOC?

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Magus RVR WB

Post#2 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:35 pm

rift demonology is the only spec to run in WB. depending on gear and competency of your group, you can choose to go offensive rifter and provide amazing pbaoe dps, or simply stick to the easier defensive rift tard.

wachlarz

Post#3 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Path of Changing>>Dissolving Mist + Pandemonium spam+ Demonic infestation + Flammer= watching kills

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:59 pm

so you're one of those cc immunity giving aoe dot spamming magi everyone loves!

akenatoth

Post#5 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:18 pm

I tried both Demo Rift builds and Havoc Firestorm build, and I really prefer the 2nd.
I roll on pug WBs, so I'm aware that Rift build could be more useful in a more organized (premades/voicecomms) situation.

Firestorm is just amazing, I normally hide out of LoS during keep sieges (both defense/attacks), pop a pink horror to increase the range and spam both firestorm and demonic infestation (usually on the healer group, because that's where ressed players with low hp will be). If it's not too dangerous I drop the AoE dots too but usually most of them get disrupted so there's not much point atm.

If you use Morale 2 Roiling Winds you can stack a lot of AoE (Demonic Infestation/Roiling Winds/Firestorm).

I really love the numbers and the kills I see popping and of all my characters at 40, my magus seems to be the easiest to rank up and one of the funniest to play with this build.

Also try to cap intelligence to reduce disrupt chances and get as much crit as you can after that.

pistu

Post#6 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:39 pm

ok ty for information

wachlarz

Post#7 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:54 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:so you're one of those cc immunity giving aoe dot spamming magi everyone loves!
If enemy attack no point of rift, if enemy run we win no point of rift. So make a lot of dmg that enemy run. Stun sec line to cut heals. Ps U are that Magus that rift Tanks when attack or run away ?

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:28 pm

wachlarz wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:so you're one of those cc immunity giving aoe dot spamming magi everyone loves!
If enemy attack no point of rift, if enemy run we win no point of rift. So make a lot of dmg that enemy run. Stun sec line to cut heals. Ps U are that Magus that rift Tanks when attack or run away ?

No point of rift...the point of rift is to pull a number of people to within your group/WB's AoE radius, to knock them down, and then to kill them while they are hopefully out of range of other groups/healers.

A well-placed stagger on the backline? Cool. A stagger for the sake of stagger, followed up by AoE dots? The most useless thing outside of AoE KB spamming SM/BO.

Ads
wachlarz

Post#9 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:27 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
wachlarz wrote:

No point of rift...the point of rift is to pull a number of people to within your group/WB's AoE radius, to knock them down, and then to kill them while they are hopefully out of range of other groups/healers.

A well-placed stagger on the backline? Cool. A stagger for the sake of stagger, followed up by AoE dots? The most useless thing outside of AoE KB spamming SM/BO.
And in front of wb u see healers ? Ranged dps ? if yes U win. U pull tanks and slayers that if not total retardet go to backline.Ps U can spam dots in front and stun backline. No point of stun healers for 6 sec ?:P
And realy destro wb win becasue of 1 rift magus ? Or more aoe dps ?

Panodil

Post#10 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:09 pm

http://www.ror.builders/career/magus/s? ... ,5086,5121

Last tactic depends on group. If you have zealot run insta summon, if not run AP.
Main damage will come from spirit debuff+lash spam and infernal blast.
Blue pet is very very good for WB, you will hit everything in the zone at 8 stacks.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage