Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] Questions about Zealot abilities

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
stmarrow

[Zealot] Questions about Zealot abilities

Post#1 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:07 am

I have a few questions about Zealot abilities in general, and what constitutes direct healing and damage specifically.

It's my understanding that direct healing is pretty much any healing which isn't a HoT or a lifetap. But unlike an earlier guide on the subject claimed, it doesn't have to be targeted (e.g. Dust of Pandaemonium). At least that's how it worked on Shaman, which would regularly trigger Restorative Burst from Gather Round, although it was a bit easier with heal crit tactic.

1) Is the healing component of Transference considered a lifetap/damage-to-heal or direct heal? I would assume lifetap, but you never know if it's coded differently than the proper lifetaps.

2) Is Ritual of Lunacy considered a HoT or direct heal? Can it crit or is it a static tick? In short, can it trigger Restorative Burst and/or Tzeentch's Refreshment?

3) Does the wording of Tzeentch's Refreshment mean that it will never restore AP to myself, even if I target myself?

4) Are the channelled abilities (Storm of Ravens, Chaotic Agitation) DoTs or direct damage? Do they trigger Transference?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: [Zealot] Questions about Zealot abilities

Post#2 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:29 am

Some things differs from live but:

1: Transference are considered as lifetaps so no Direct Healing.

2: Ritual of Lunacy is acting different from live. It's a direct heal but on RoR can't crit or proc anything. Live version could crit but didn't proc tactics, It did however proc items proc like the the APoT of Soverign gear.

3: Can't give AP to yourself at all. If you use Dust of Pandemonium it have a chance of giving AP to groupmembers but will never give you any. If you single target healing yourself you will never get any AP but hase a chance of giving to anyone else if you heal them.

4: These are considered as direct damage abilities for every tick of damage

stmarrow

Re: [Zealot] Questions about Zealot abilities

Post#3 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Thank you for the very clear and concise answers. Helps a great deal when theorycrafting since I can't test it myself yet.