Recent Topics

Ads

[ZEALOT] renown training for survivability

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Cylwen

[ZEALOT] renown training for survivability

Post#1 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:12 am

Level 29 Zealot wondering on the best approach for survivability. I don't want to maximise survivability, but I do want to take the best approach to option choices bearing in mind other factors (aside from gear). I think renown training is where I would like to focus on.

For tactics, they are both in healing boosts. I suppose at 30 I would add in a defensive tactic.

For renown training, this is in various defense skills. I'm just not sure where it's best to spend those points?

I am carrying an armor pot addiction, and have armor talis where available (they are more scarce than willpower talis).

I don't want to solo.
I don't want to survive a zerg.
I don't want to survive a wb wipe.
I don't want to be the last one standing in my party.
I don't want to be the game changer in my party.

I just want to survive a fight long enough so that I can heal my team while they are still fighting. This does involve evasive strategy, keeping on the move, and kiting, but also the spec should play a part. Any advice on this?
Last edited by Cylwen on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love this game and the server community. Thank you to the RoR staff.

Ads
Nekkma

Re: [ZEALOT] renown training for survivability

Post#2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:25 am

Skip willpower talis, go with armor or wounds.

As a healer you basically have two defensive options from renown. Deft defender (dodge/disrupt) and Futile strikes (reduced chance to be crit). Dodge/disrupt is more valuable in orvr due to the random nature of fights in the open and more rdps around in general(particalr BWs). As dodge disrupt is fairly cheap I typically specc it full and then go for FS and mix it with some crit.

If your Initiative is below 200 (when reaching T4) you might want to bost it a bit with a tali or the odd renown point.

You can also get the tome jewelry set "winds impervious" pretty early in t4 which gives huge resists, some armor and initiativ for a nice defensive bost.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Cylwen

Post#3 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:57 am

Cool thanks, by T4 you mean level 40?
I love this game and the server community. Thank you to the RoR staff.

Nekkma

Post#4 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:00 am

Yeah, before 40 you have the bolster and different levels and I am not really sure how that works regarding chance to be crit and initiativ.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Sulorie

Post#5 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:10 am

Cylwen wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:57 am Cool thanks, by T4 you mean level 40?
T4 is lvl31+
Dying is no option.

wereku

Post#6 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:02 am

Honestly most important is propper positioning other than that I would go for dodge & disrupt and then -%crit. However don't forget that your most important tactic on zealot (20% heal) procs via heal crit so you might want so have some points for that too.

roadkillrobin

Post#7 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:51 am

Maximize healcrit in renown. For all other choises you can make think like this, group support > individual ap management > survival > individual heal output.